Shop without borders! Here’s your guide to international stores that will deliver straight to your front door.
One of the best things about shopping online is the access you are given to internationally based stores. Browsing through the racks of famous department stores and buying directly from the world’s leading labels? Its a shopping addict’s dream. Savvy shoppers know where to look to find the best price on a specific product, and that often means skipping the middleman and buying from an internationally based retailer.
Read through the guide below for ideas on where to shop and helpful information about how to get the most out of it. All of these stores are based internationally but ship to Australia.
Deals and coupons October 2016
Top 22 International Stores That Ship To Australia
Marks and Spencer is a British icon selling fashion, accessories, groceries, homewares, and more.
Marks and Spencer (M&S) began its days in 1884 as small market stall in Leeds. Now its force is unshakable – it’s a household name in the UK (and worldwide) and enjoys a reputation for quality at accessible prices.
- International Shipping Policy: Free delivery for orders over GBP30 and GBP15 for orders less than. Estimated delivery time is 10–14 business days.
- International Returns Policy:Items ordered from Marks and Spencer’s online store can be returned by post at the customer's expense.
Go to Marks and Spencer
For those who love a huge selection from a leading global retailer of homewares, fashion, and accessories for men, women, and kids.
Macy’s is a chain of mid-range department stores and a household name in the United States. The store has an enormous selection across its various departments from a number of global brands such as Armani Exchange, American Tourister, Converse, Escada, L'Agent by Agent Provocateur, Michael Kors, Puma, and Seven7 Jeans, just to name a few.
- International Shipping Policy: Cost of shipping is dependent on the weight and size of your package, and your location. Estimated delivery time is between 4–13 business days.
- International Returns Policy: Returns must be made within 180 days. Exchanges are unavailable.
Go to Macys
For those who like the finest apparel, beauty, accessories, and homewares from one of the world’s most iconic upscale stores.
Saks Fifth Avenue has been a leader in upscale department retail since it first opened its doors in 1867. Its impressive selection of featured designers includes Alexander Wang, Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Chloe, Issey Miyake, Opening Ceremony, The Row, and Vera Wang.
- International Shipping Policy: Standard shipping (5–9 business days ) or express (7–14 business days). Cost is calculated according to weight and size.
- International Returns Policy: No exchanges available for international purchases. Returns will be made on a case by case basis.
Go to Saks Fifth Avenue
Clothes for beach bunnies who love the bleached, tousled, and dreamy aesthetic of a Californian summer.
Pacsun was born and bred on the Californian coast. It boasts a huge section of surf, skate, and street apparel (labels such as Hurley, Nike SB, RVCA, Evil Twin, and more) for men, women, and kids. You can also pick up home and tech accessories, as well as bags, sunnies, and fragrances here.
- International Shipping Policy: Spend over $150 to get free standard shipping (7–16 business days) or express with DHL in 3–5 business days (cost varies depending on weight).
- International Returns Policy: Satisfaction guarantee and 60 days returns. The cost of return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Go to PacSun
For girls who want unique fashion that is floaty, boho and a little bit wild.
Free People is an American fashion label and retailer that creates its own brand of clothes, intimates, footwear, and activewear. It also stocks select items from notable brands such as Birkenstock and collaborates with leading designers (recent examples have been Alexander McQueen and Jeffrey Campbell). The style is undone, road-worn, and ever-so-effortless.
- International Shipping Policy: Free standard shipping over $100 (6–12 business days). Express shipping is a flat $10 (3–6 business days).
- International Returns Policy: Options for returns are available on the Free People site. Exchanges are not available.
Go to Free People
For those serious about their tech equipment – be it computers, parts, or gaming accessories.
Newegg is online marketplace with a global reach that specialises in tech items, but also stocks homewares, accessories, apparel, and sporting goods. Their selection of tech equipment is expansive and includes a range of computers, hardware, software, accessories, and parts to suit any budget or requirement. Shoppers can select the ‘Australia’ region from the drop down menu to shop in AUD.
- International Shipping Policy: Shipping costs are highly variable and will be calculated according to size and weight of purchase.
- International Returns Policy: 30 days returns for refunds or exchanges. A restocking fee applies.
Go to Newegg
A British contender for those who love the department store experience.
If you love to shop for leading brands in fashion, accessories, electronics, homewares, sportswear, kid’s products, games, and more all under the one ‘roof’ The Hut might be your new online shopping destination. It keeps the tradition of British department stores alive by operating completely online; keeping costs down and enabling shipping to all corners of the globe.
- International Shipping Policy: Standard delivery: is £4.99 and takes 5–9 business days (free for orders over £30). Express delivery is £11.99 and takes 4–8 business days (free for orders over £120).
- International Returns Policy: 30 day returns. Cost of return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Go to The Hut
A gamer’s delight: OzGamesShop is the ultimate one-stop-shop for all your gaming needs.
OzGameShop sells a massive range of video games for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, 3DS, Playstation Vita, PC, and Mac. It also stocks collectables, tech items, gadgets, Blu-ray, and music. Shoppers have the option to download CD Keys directly or have the hard copy delivered to their door.
- International Shipping Policy: Free standard shipping on orders over $50 to Australia (7–10- business days) or express shipping for a flat $4.99 (5–8 business days).
- International Returns Policy: 14 day returns available for unopened items. Contact OzGameShop for authorisation.
Go to OzGamesShop
For geeky and proud gadgets, fan gear, apparel, and electronics.
Whether you have a geeky friend, or are Doctor Who’s number one fan, ThinkGeek is an online marketplace dedicated to the best in geekery. Shoppers can find silly games and pranks, serious collectables, clever gadgets and tech gear, and everything in between.
- International Shipping Policy: DHL express shipping (3–5 business days) or economy shipping (1–3 weeks) are available. Costs are calculated according to weight.
- International Returns Policy: 90 day returns policy. Contact ThinkGeek for authorisation.
Go to ThinkGeek
For trend conscious and savvy shoppers who like their fashion fast, affordable, and hot right now.
Next is a leading UK High Street designer and retailer of fashion and accessories for women, men, and kids. It is a global brand that prides itself on keeping ahead of the fashion curve-ball and always delivering on-trend pieces inspired by international looks off the street and on the runway.
- International Shipping Policy: Free delivery for orders over $30 (a flat $5 will be charged for orders under). Delivery within 5 working days to most addresses.
- International Returns Policy: 28 day returns for items that are unused and unworn are permitted. Cosmetics, piercing jewellery, and items with a security seal may not be returned unless faulty.
Go to Next
For lovers of real books who still want the options available in big online book stores.
While the convenience afforded by technology is undeniable nothing beats the smell of the pages of a new book. If you agree then are bound to love Booktopia. It has a massive collection of all genres and titles and it’s based in Australia, so shipping costs and times are dramatically lower than overseas based book stores.
- International Shipping Policy: Standard shipping available with Australia Post for a flat rate of $6.95. Express shipping also available for $14.95. Delivery times will depend on your location.
- International Returns Policy: If you would like to return an item you must notify Booktopia within two days of receipt. Return postage costs are the responsibility of the customer.
Go to Booktopia
For serious fashionistas who know their own style and like their labels global, their leather lamb, and their knits cashmere.
Nordstrom is a US-based and globally active upscale fashion retailer for men, women, and children. It also sells select homewares and luxury cosmetic items. A leader in online shopping and distribution, Nordstrom stocks established and coveted designers from around the globe. Australian shoppers can browse in AUD.
- International Shipping Policy: Nordstrom partners with Borderfree to keep shipping costs low. Delivery times are dependent on your location and the costs are calculated according to weight.
- International Returns Policy: Exchanges are not available. Returns are available with an authorisation form. Return postage will be deducted from the refund amount.
Go to Nordstrom
Sharp suits and professional tailoring for a work wardrobe that makes an impact.
Austin Reed began making men’s suits in 1900 and quickly became a British icon that’s synonymous with clean lines and stylish fabrics. The brand now creates suits and tailored items, such as shirts, coats, and smart casual apparel, for men and women. Austin Reed ships to 150 countries worldwide.
- International Shipping Policy: Free delivery for orders over £150 (flat $32 for orders less than £150). Delivery will take an estimated 10 working days.
- International Returns Policy: Returns for reason of change of mind are not permitted.
Go to Austin Reed
For discerning shoppers who like to combine a department store’s range with the highest quality and leading brands.
Bloomingdale’s is a well-known US fashion retailer for upscale and luxury labels. The store now ships internationally and Australian shoppers can browse and buy in AUD. Bloomingdale’s stocks fashion and accessories for men, women, and children as well as a select range of cosmetics and homewares.
- International Shipping Policy: Expected delivery time is 4–13 business days. Costs will be calculated based on size and postage address.
- International Returns Policy: Returns must be made within 180 days with the authorisation of Bloomingdale's.
Go to Bloomingdale’s
Lenovo is one of the world’s best known names in laptops, notebooks, and PC computers.
You can cut out the middle man and shop directly with the company in their online store and have your new machine shipped straight to your door. If you are not sure which machine is for you, there is a volume of information on the site to help you decide. An online outlet is also available.
- International Shipping Policy: Free delivery (8–10 days) to Australian domestic addresses.
- International Returns Policy: 14 day risk-free returns policy. Items must be returned in their original packaging to qualify for a full refund.
Go to Lenovo
Bringing the best for boarders and riders of the street, snow, and surf.
ProboardShop is an online retailer of boards and riding equipment for snowboarders, skateboarders, and surfers; as well as ski gear, watersport equipment, camping and outdoor equipment, bikes, boots, and accessories. It stocks leading brands such as DC, Burton, K2, and The North Face.
- International Shipping Policy: Due to the bulky nature of many items sold by ProBoardShop, shipping times and costs vary greatly and will depend on your particular purchase.
- International Returns Policy: 30 days returns for unused items with an authorisation form are accepted.
Go to ProBoardShop
A UK-based fashion retailer for women and girls who aren’t afraid of a little colour.
Oasis is a UK-based fashion retailer for women that prides itself on embracing the feminine side of clothing and passing that love onto its customers. The label particularly focuses on dresses, prints, and a bold colour palette. Relatively new to the scene (just over 20 years), Oasis is building its customer base from loyal fashion addicts and making waves in the online fashion world.
- International Shipping Policy: Free shipping for orders over $100. A flat rate of $10 is charged for all other orders. Most deliveries are made with 3–8 business days.
- International Returns Policy: Free returns on all orders. Simply fix the prepaid postage label to your package to post back any unwanted items for free.
Go to Oasis
The trend setters for Gen Y’s accessible, wearable, and fashionable wardrobes.
Urban Outfitters is a major fast fashion label and retailer for men and women who are young, hip, and urban. The enormous scale of Urban Outfitters allows it to quickly pick up on trends, recreate the look, and make it available to avid fashion followers worldwide. The internationally active shopping site also features a number of most-wanted labels.
- International Shipping Policy: Free standard shipping for orders $50 or more (arrives in 10–12 business days). Express shipping costs $40 (arrives in 5–7 business days).
- International Returns Policy: Australian customers can send returns to an Australian location (listed on the site). There is a charge of $5.
Go to Urban Outfitters
For shoppers who like everything under the same roof.
If you fancy the idea of buying a lawnmower in the same ‘shop’ as your hair mask, then Sears might be your ultimate shopping destination. Sears refers to the umbrella store of a major US department store chain that other major retailers (such as KMart and Kenmore) operate under. There are also many Sears branded stores and products.
- International Shipping Policy: Items are shipped with Borderfree to minimise costs. All international packages are charged for postage based on weight.
- International Returns Policy: 30 day returns for items bought from Sears or Kmart. Contact customer service for assistance.
Go to Sears
For girls who love designer looks at fast fashion prices.
TopShop is undeniably a British (and global) fashion icon. The brand symbolises youth and allows customers to have fun with their wardrobe. While definitely within the category of a High Street or ‘fast fashion’ retailer, TopShop has earned some impressive fashion stripes, particularly through its collaborations with design heavyweights and style icons such as Kate Moss and Christopher Kane.
- International Shipping Policy: Standard delivery costs £9 and takes up to 9 business days to arrive (free for orders £100+). Express delivery costs £20 and takes up to 4 business days.
- International Returns Policy: 14 day returns are available via post only.
Go to Topshop
For guys who don’t think girls should get to have the fun with fashion.
TopMan is TopShop’s brother and it stocks men’s fashion. The men’s line is created with the same fashion forward style as the TopShop label: youthful, trendy and accessible.
- International Shipping Policy: Free standard delivery for orders over £100 (takes up to 9 business days). Express delivery available for £20 (takes up to 4 business days).
- International Returns Policy: You can return unwanted items within 14 days of delivery via post.
Go to TopMan
For shoppers who want affordable and fresh fashion and accessories.
New Look is a UK-based High Street retailer and a global fashion brand. It designs and sells fashion items for men, women, and kids. It has sections dedicated to teen fashion, maternity fashion and plus size fashion.
- International Shipping Policy: Spend over £55 for free delivery. All orders less than £55 will be charged £9. Delivery takes 7–9 business days.
- International Returns Policy: 28 day returns are accepted as long as items are unwashed, unworn and unaltered.
Go to New Look
What are the benefits of ordering from an international store?
- Cheaper prices on international labels. Many times you can find a better price if you buy directly from the retailer rather than through a stockist here in Australia because you cut out the middleman.
- More range. While lots of Australian retailers are fantastic in their selection, sometimes it’s just nice to roam in search of greener pastures. Trends vary quite a bit when you start to move overseas and you might even hit on a style before it makes its way here. The same goes for particular brand names. It makes sense that the best place to start looking for an international brand is through a retailer in that brand’s country of origin.
- Take advantage of international sales. Sales time like Black Friday in the US are excellent opportunities for savvy shoppers to grab a bargain from an overseas retailer.
Stop! Before you order from an international store, check these first.
- Have you checked the measurements? When you are buying clothes from an international fashion store you must double check the sizes. UK, EU and US sizes are all different to Australian sizes. If you are not sure, keep a tape measure handy and find the link to the ‘size chart’ on the retailer's page.
- Have you checked the voltage? Many electrical appliances produced for overseas markets will be designed with a different voltage system in mind. Double check the requirements and get yourself a good converter, just to make sure.
- Did you read the returns policy and do you know how much shipping will cost you? These are easy to overlook but ignore the store’s policies for shipping and returns at your peril. There’s nothing worse than paying $50 shipping for a $40 dress, except realising you have bought the wrong size and the store doesn’t do exchanges!
- Do you know how much you are paying in Australian dollars? Shopping in a foreign currency can be very misleading, so keep an eye on the exchange rate and maybe keep an exchange site like xe.com open to help you calculate as you go.