Here’s how to get a Disney+ gift card subscription in Australia
You can now buy a streaming subscription as a gift for the Disney fan in your life. Here are the details.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Disney+ has been all the rage even since it launched in November 2019, treating users to all sorts of exciting content, from original series to recent blockbuster movies and classic animated films.
The platform offers ad-free access to a growing library of TV shows and movies from not only Disney itself, but also subsidiaries Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and National Geographic.
More recently, the streaming service launched gift subscriptions, so you can purchase an entire year of Disney+ for a loved one who doesn't have an account yet. That's 12 months of movie marathons, new releases and a whole bunch of family-friendly content both kids and adults can enjoy.
A gift subscription currently costs $89.99. We're yet to find out how this will change once Disney+ adds Star in February 2021. Once purchased your gift card is sent as an email subscription card to the recipient on a date of your choosing.
How to gift Disney+ in Australia
To purchase a Disney+ gift subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to the Disney+ gift subscription page
- Click on the Give A Year button.
- Enter your name and email. Agree to the Terms and Conditions. Then, enter the details of the recipient – including name, email, the date on which you want the gift subscription to be delivered and an optional personalised message.
- Enter your payment information.
That's it! The $89.99 fee will be charged to your account as soon as you make the purchase. You can only buy a gift subscription for new users who aren't signed up yet, so the 12 months can't be added to an ongoing subscription.
The recipient will get the email on the date you choose with a redemption code that is for one-time use only and non-transferable. They then go to the Disney+ website, enter the code and activate their free year of access to all of its awesome content.
What if I want to get Disney+ for myself?
Disney+ subscriptions cost $8.99/month or $89.99/year in Australia. To sign up, simply head to the Disney+ website, create an account and enter your personal and payment information. The service doesn't offer a free trial at the moment.
Once your subscription is activated, you'll have access to the entire Disney+ library; including hit series The Mandalorian, acclaimed Broadway musical Hamilton and superhero blockbusters like Avengers: Endgame.
You can watch on four devices at the same time and use the GroupWatch feature to stream shows and movies with up to six family members and friends who have Disney+.
- Euphoria special episode 2 now airing same time in Australia as the US
- Legacies: A new year at supernatural Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted
- Stream Patrick Dempsey’s dark new thriller, Devils, in Australia
- Marvel fans rejoice: Disney+ original series WandaVision is here and ready to stream
- Every Harry Potter film is going to be available to stream in Australia
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert