Kogan Agora 8: Plans | Pricing | Specs
|Launch price (RRP)||$199|
Kogan began operating in 2006 and has grown considerably since its early days as a small online retailer selling LCD TVs. Today it offers a broad range of products, having launched NBN services under the Kogan Internet brand in April 2018, and having partnered with the Hollard Insurance Company in mid-2017 to launch a Kogan Home insurance product. As part of this growth, the Australian brand now markets its own range of affordably-priced smartphones under the Kogan Agora label.
A relatively recent addition to its handset line-up is the Kogan Agora 8, which hit the market in June 2017. It launched at just $199 and aimed to deliver high-end performance sans the premium price tag associated with your average flagship handset. While that might be more marketing copy than objective fact, the handset is quite a capable device that represents impressive value for money. If you don't need a top-of-the-line smartphone but still want a handset with all the modern conveniences, the Kogan Agora 8 warrants your consideration.
- Dragontrail glass protection on the 5-inch IPS screen is a welcome surprise.
- No shortage of features thanks to Android 7.0.
- A 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera place the Agora 8 ahead of most budget smartphones.
- Quad-core 1.3GHz processor and 2GB of RAM is a solid pairing for a budget smartphone.
- Should be powerful enough to handle average smartphone use.
- The 2,400mAh battery is par for the course for a budget smartphone.
- It should still deliver all-day battery life under typical use.
Pricing and availability
- Price: RRP $199
- Where to buy: Kogan
Compare SIM-only plans for the Kogan Agora 8
Kogan Agora 8 specs
Power, storage and battery
Latest Kogan phone news
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked