Stay independent and have a local experience with short term holiday rental service: Airbnb.
Airbnb is a service that facilitates short term rentals between hosts and travellers worldwide. It operates in over 190 countries and tends to focus on apartments, villas and other private or non standard forms of holiday accommodation, although hostels, hostels and B&Bs are also available.
Airbnb discount codes and coupons
Up to 10% off Australia and New Zealand flights
Valid for bookings made 20 days in advance in economy, premium economy and business until 31 December.
Show code & visit siteCP****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Up to 50% off Bali tours and activities
Sample discounts include 50% off white water rafting, 35% off Nusa Dua Theater, 25% off a snorkelling tour to Nusa Lembongan. Select deals valid on public holidays.
How do I use my Airbnb discount code?
How do I use my Airbnb discount code?
- First click on the deal you'd like to use above. This will redirect you securely to the Airbnb page. (For the purposes of this example, we've clicked on the $32 credit travel deal.)
- Click 'Sign u to claim your credit' and follow the prompts to sign up as an Airbnb member. Then, browse the site for a room that you'd like to rent.
- Once you've chosen your accommodation, select your dates and hit the 'Request to book' button.
- You'll now be taken to a page to make your payment. On the right hand side, you'll be prompted to include your coupon. Click on the word 'Coupon' to reveal your coupon box.
- If you've clicked on our credit deal, your coupon code will automatically appear. If you're here with another code, insert it into the field provided and hit 'Apply'.
- That's it! Now all you have to do is complete your request to your host and wait for them to reply to you regarding your booking. Happy travels!
What destinations does Airbnb operate in?
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cape Town, South Africa
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Mexico City, Mexico
New York, USA
St Petersburg, Russia
San Francisco, USA
What types of accommodation is available through Airbnb?
- Apartments/ houses – The perfect solution for independent explorers (or those who simply prefer their privacy) renting an entire place to yourself and having space, privacy and that ‘at-home’ feeling is what sets Airbnb aside.
- Castles – Airbnb proudly lists more than 600 castles available for short term rental.
- Bedrooms – You can also rent private rooms to share in a flat or house with others on Airbnb.
- B&Bs – If you like to wake up to sunny-side-ups or a laid out Swedish table, there are a number of B&B options to choose from.
- Hostels – For the budget-minded and backpackers, there are a number of shared rooms and hostels available for rent.
- Hotels – While the service mainly focusses on alternative accommodations, traditionalists will be pleased with the boutique-style selection of hotels.
Airbnb Review | Pros and Cons
- The Airbnb service is part of a new wave of accommodation rental trends that's seeks to give travellers a more authentic experience when away from home.
- Airbnb places a lot of value in the trustworthiness of its service (for hosts and travellers). All members must be verified.
- Any questions can be worked out using the Airbnb private message service.
- Anyone can view the verified reviews of a place or guest(s) and benefit from the experiences of others.
- Airbnb facilitates the transaction between host and traveller. Individual experiences, policies, and conditions will vary from place to place.
How does Airbnb work?
You can browse available accommodation on Airbnb at any time. If you find a place you would like to rent, you need to log in or sign up as a member. When you select your dates for reservation you will be required to fill in your details and confirm the details of your reservation. The whole process is reasonably brief, and simple. A confirmation letter will be sent to you and to your host.
What forms of payment does Airbnb accept?
How do I cancel my booking with Airbnb?
Airbnb allows hosts to select their own cancellation, change, and refund policies based on the Airbnb guidelines. Hosts can choose ‘strict’, ‘moderate’, and ‘flexible’ and Airbnb will stand by this selection should a need for a cancellation arise. This is except in the case of an extenuating circumstance.