VisionDirect offer contact lenses, prescription glasses along with designer sunglasses at amazingly cheap prices.
In addition, Vision Direct offered an huge selection of glasses to choose from, making them the perfect choice when you next need glasses or contact lenses. If that wasn't enough, for every pair of glasses you buy from Vision Direct, they will give a pair to someone in need through one of their charity partners. They have given away over a million dollars worth of glasses so far!
VisionDirect Australia is a company of the larger Vision Direct Optical Group who are one of the largest online designer glasses retailers around the globe. Vision Direct Optical Group have operations in the United States, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy and more. Get your next pair of glasses or contact lenses even cheaper with a coupon code from the list that we update daily right here.
Active Coupon Codes for VisionDirect in February 2018
|20% Off Prescription Lenses||
Coupon code expires
|Get 20% off prescription lenses at Vision Direct by using this code at checkout. T&Cs apply||
Show code RX****
After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
|50% off your first pair of eyewear||Join VisionDirect's newsletter and get 50% off your first pair of eyewear. Including standard prescription lenses. Applicable to Arise Collective only. Conditions apply.||
|Student Discount - 10% off||Students get 10% off at VisionDirect.||
|100 Best Selling Sunglasses||Get 100 Best Selling Sunglasses at VisionDirect.||
How to Utilise Your VisionDirect Discount
VisionDirect is a world-class leading online retailer for contact lenses, designer frames and sunglasses. In addition, they offer you the ability to add a referral code to save even further on your next purchase. To apply a discount code all you need to do is:
- Select an offer from those listed above (ensuring you save the most)
- Write the code down or copy it to your computer's clipboard
- Jump on to the Vision Direct website and browse through the different eyewear categories to find the items you wish to buy
- Add each product to your shopping cart by selecting your prescription (if applicable) along with your size and press 'Buy Now'
- Repeat for all products that your wish to order
- Proceed to the 'Shopping Cart' and check that the correct items are listed and that they match the offer conditions
- Under the Total Price, click on the link 'Have a Referral Code or Gift Voucher? Please click here'
- In the field 'Referral Code' that now appears, type in the code that you made note of in the second step above and then click "Update Total"
- Click the 'Proceed to Checkout' button where you enter your shipping and payment details
- Submit your discount eyewear order!
Pros of VisionDirect AU Store
Vision Direct is quickly growing its market share, clawing it from the traditional bricks and mortar retailers. When you look into it, it really comes as no surprise. Here are some of the top reasons to buy your next pair of glasses or contact lenses from Vision Direct:
- They donate a pair of glasses to someone in need for every glasses order placed through their website
- They guarantee that the products you receive are genuine brands
- Their prices are hard to beat
- Free anti-reflective coating on all Vision Direct lenses - preventing scratches
- Receive a free lens cleaning kit and case with all sunglass and eyeglass orders
Cons for VisionDirect AU Online Store
Vision Direct may not be for every Australia customer. There are a handful of customers that may be better off buying from a discount optometrist due to the fact the Vision Direct:
- Aren't registered with all health funds - so you may not get a rebate (be sure to check this before you make your eyewear purchase)
- Orders can take a while to be made and delivered - allow time for your order to arrive as some customers have noted that it took weeks to get their purchase
- Customer service certainly won't match a physical store - if you need assistance with getting the right glasses, then chances are you are better off going into an optometrist to place your order
Shipping Costs and Expected Delivery Timeframe
VisionDirect are very competitive thanks to their free shipping offer that applies to all orders with the exception of contact lenses. The table below outlines the costs and timeframes for your eyewear delivery:
|Type of Eyewear||Delivery Timeframe||Shipping Cost|
|Fast Shipping Sunglasses||3-7 Business Days||FREE|
|Fast Shipping Eyeglasses||3-7 Business Days||FREE|
|Lens and Frame Offer||7-14 Business Days||FREE|
|Designer Sunglasses with Frames||7-21 Business Days||FREE|
|Prescription Designer Sunglasses||7-21 Business Days||FREE|
|Prescription Designer Eyeglasses||7-21 Business Days||FREE|
|Contact Lenses||7-21 Business Days||$5.95|
The History of VisionDirect
The SBG Optical Group was founded in 2006 by three Australians; Doron, Tony and David. The trio were on a mission to offer great value glasses to customers around the world, while being socially minded. In addition, the company aimed to help fight world poverty by giving those in need free prescription glasses.
With little startup funds, the three started the company out of their bedrooms spanned across three countries. Friendships were tested while the site grew, but all the stress has more than paid off with the website becoming a huge success globally. Today, Motion Global (the parent company) is one of the largest online only eyewear retailers in the world. The company employs over 150 staff in 30 countries speaking various different languages.