Mei takes the spotlight in brilliant new Overwatch animated short
Explore Mei's origin story in this top-notch mini movie from the folks at Blizzard.
As promised last week, Blizzard has released a new animated short for its team-based shooter Overwatch. Titled Rise and Shine, the short puts the spotlight on climate scientist Mei, exploring how she came to join the Overwatch team after its initial disbandment.
After a disastrous storm forces Mei to enter cryostasis at her research facility in Antarctica, she awakens years later to a world without the protection of Overwatch. Worse, she's the only surviving member of her team at the Ecopoint: Antarctica research station. Harnessing the power of science, Mei has to figure out a way to contact the outside world.
Unsurprisingly, Rise and Shine is as brilliantly Disney-esque as the rest of Blizzard's animated shorts, with plenty of snappy humour and engaging storytelling to boot. Surely it's just a matter of time before the studio spins off its own film division, right? Overwatch is certainly earning it the money to do so, after all.
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight
- Every bit a sleeper hit: City of Brass review