International flights from $959 each way
Cheap flights to Manchester for 2021
Discover flight deals and special offers to Manchester from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Manchester is the gateway to the north of England. You may know it as a football city (if Manchester United F.C rings a bell) or as the culturally rich city similar to London, yet much more affordable. Manchester is compact, so world-class museums, art galleries, nightlife and theatres are never too far away.
Take a look at our offers that will get you a great deal and cheap flights to Manchester.
Latest flight deals to Manchester
How much is a flight to Manchester from Australia?
It costs $1,236 on average to fly to Manchester from Australia, according to August 2021 data from Cheapflights.
How long does it take to fly to Manchester?
You can fly to Manchester from Australia with one stopover, usually via the Middle East.
Manchester flight times
- From Sydney: 24 hrs with a stopover
- From Melbourne: 23 hrs 20 mins with a stopover
- From Brisbane: 24 hrs with a stopover
- From Perth: 20 hrs 20 mins with a stopover
Which airlines fly to Manchester from Australia?
Manchester insider flight tips
- If you prefer to only stop once, Emirates, Etihad and Qatar all operate direct flights from Australia to the Middle East and from there to Manchester. These flights tend to cost a fair bit more than flying with two stops, unless there is a sale. Fortunately, these sales tend to happen regularly. Sign up for the newsletters from these airlines so you’ll be alerted as soon as they have any special fares.
- If you’re struggling to find a flight deal to Manchester, compare the flights to London as there are normally more options. You can then book a train ticket from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Manchester Piccadilly train station, with the transfer from the airport to London Euston train station included. The train journey is just over two hours and tickets are cheap if you book in advance.
- Unless you’re flying from Perth, China Southern and China Eastern often have among the cheapest fares to Manchester from Australia, involving a change in China and a second change in Paris or Amsterdam. Both layovers tend to be long, extending the journey time significantly. Consider booking your flights to one of the major European hubs and spending a day or so there. You can then book an onward flight to Manchester with one of the major airlines or a low-cost carrier like Ryanair or Easyjet.
More guides on Finder
Bali’s back with $267 return Jetstar flights
Get first dibs on flights to Bali with a look at cheap flights to Bali in 2022
$99 Jetstar sale slashes prices on flights to the NT
Grab your tickets to the NT and explore miles of open red outback roads.
Massive $99 Qantas Australia-wide sale: Our hot picks
Travel across the Land Down Under with full-service flights and flexibility.
$199 Qantas sale: Hot fares for Queensland and NT
EXPIRED: Things are looking bright for travel in the Top End and Far North Queensland in 2022.
$39 Jetstar sale, score cheap flights to the Gold Coast
EXPIRED: Forget adventure in New Zealand or relaxing on the white sands of Bora Bora, the Gold Coast has everything you could want and more.
Jetstar sale: $169 Fiji flights, limited time only
EXPIRED: Snag your cheap flights to Fiji for 2022 now and escape to paradise.
Virgin Tasmania flights sale from $49 and double status credits
EXPIRED: Virgin Australia launches more direct Tassie services with flexible flights taking off from October 2021.
Qantas drops $99 flights sale to regional New South Wales
EXPIRED: Be among the first to celebrate freedom with flexible travel across the state.
FINAL DAYS: Jetstar and Qantas half-price flights sales end soon
EXPIRED: Here's are all the routes still listed at 50% off for travel until September.
Jetstar Weekend Fare Frenzy slashes prices with $39 flights
EXPIRED: You've got 48 hours to book flights to 17 destinations for travel through 'til the end of the year.
Ask an Expert