Flights within Australia from $26 each way
Current Jetstar promo codes, sales and specials
Jetstar's coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellation and changes policy update
As of 16 December 2020, Jetstar has cancelled all international services until end of February 2021 excluding flights between Australia, New Zealand and to the Pacific Islands. Customers with scheduled flights beyond February 2021 will be contacted regarding changes and available options. Travellers booked on a cancelled Jetstar flight will receive a credit to the full value of the cancelled reservation.
Jetstar is also giving customers with existing bookings in or out of Victoria who were affected by border restrictions the option to cancel their upcoming flight and receive a credit voucher to the full value of their original fare.
You can access your voucher by visiting the Manage My Booking section on Jetstar's website.
See full lists of fares in Jetstar's current sales
Frequently asked questions about Jetstar sales
What day does Jetstar have sales?
When during the year does Jetstar have sales?
How do I find the best Jetstar deals
Where in Australia can I fly with Jetstar?
- Newcastle/Port Stephens
- Ballina/Byron Bay
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine)
- Hamilton Island
- Hayman Island
- Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Melbourne (Tullamarine)
- Melbourne (Avalon)
Where can I fly with Jetstar internationally?
Jetstar flies to dozens of destinations outside of Australia. Here are a few countries you can book a flight to:
- New Zealand
- USA (Hawaii)
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Hong Kong
Jetstar Economy Class
Image: News.com.au Includes:
- Economy seat
- One carry-on bag and one small personal item up to 7kg
- Additional charge for checked bags, seat selection, food and entertainment
Jetstar Business Class
Image: Traveller.com.au Includes:
- Economy seat
- Two carry-on bags and one small personal item up to 14kg
- One checked bag up to 30kg
- Separate cabin and staff
- Dedicated check-in counter and priority boarding
- Food and drink, including three-course meals on longer journeys
- Comfort pack to use in-flight
Jetstar Review | Pros and Cons
- Price beat guarantee. If you find an identical flight offered by a competitor airline, Jetstar will beat it by 10%.
- Cabin baggage allowance. Economy passengers are allowed one main item of cabin baggage (up to 7kg) free of charge. Business class passengers are allowed two pieces of cabin baggage weighing up to 7kg each.
- Baggage allowance. Passengers travelling on Economy Starter Plus and Economy Starter Max tickets can bring 20kg of checked baggage for free. Travellers on Business and Business Max tickets can take 30kg free of charge.
- In-flight entertainment. Entertainment on select flights is available for rent at the time of booking or through the “Manage Your Booking” section. It is free for Business Class passengers.
- Discounts on checked baggage. Add check-in baggage to your ticket and pay for it before you check-in to avoid paying more at the last minute.
- No checked baggage for Economy Starter passengers. Passengers travelling on Economy Starter tickets need to pay extra for checked luggage. Purchase it before check-in for better rates.
- Extra fees for overweight baggage at the airport. Make sure you weigh your luggage and know how much you are taking. Excess baggage is charged per kilogram.
Jetstar Frequently Asked Questions
What's the Jetstar carry-on baggage limit?
Jetstar economy passengers can carry on one main item up to 7kg of hand luggage. Business class passengers can carry on up to two main items, with a combined total of 14kg.
What are Jetstar's checked baggage policies?
Jetstar's base economy fares do not include any checked bags. The airline will allow you to add on luggage for an additional fee, ranging from $14.50 per bag for 15kg up to $45 per bag for 40kg. Business class fares include one checked bag up to 30kg, with an option to upgrade to bring an extra 10kg.
How early are Jetstar check-in times?
Passengers on Jetstar flights departing from domestic terminals can check-in 2 hours to 30 minutes before departure. Passengers flying on Q300 aircraft leaving from domestic terminals can check-in 90 minutes to 30 minutes before departure. Domestic flights leaving from international terminals are open for check-in 3 hours to 60 minutes departure before departure. Passengers on international Jetstar flights can check in 3 hours to 45 minutes before departure.
How do I use Jetstar web check-in?
Web check-in is available on all Jetstar flights. Online check-in is available 48 hours before departure. Simply visit the Jetstar website and enter your booking reference number (PNR) to search for your flight. Select the passengers travelling and proceed through the check-in form. You can have your boarding pass emailed to you, sent as a PDF or sent via SMS to your mobile phone. Passengers travelling on international flights will have to enter their passport number and proceed to the check-in desks to pick up their boarding pass.
How do I check a Jetstar flight status?
Click on “Flight Status” on the top menu bar on the Jetstar website for up-to-date information. Enter the departure and arrival airports, the date of the flight and the flight number (if you have it). Click “Go” to view estimated and actual departure and arrival times.
How do I use Jetstar flight tracker?
You can download the Jetstar app for real-time flight status updates sent directly to your phone or mobile device. Jetstar flight tracker also enables to manage your booking and easily add extras. [/fin_tab]
How can I make a Jetstar booking?
Visit the Jetstar website to book a flight online. Enter your departure and arrival airports and your travel dates. Select “I just want the lowest fare” if your travel dates are flexible. Click “search for flights”. Choose the flights and ticket class that suits you and add any extras. Enter your passenger details, contact details and payment information to confirm.
How do I get my Jetstar booking confirmation and tickets?
Print or save the confirmation page and make a note of the booking reference number. A copy of your itinerary will be emailed to you with your booking information. Save it, print it or make a note of it in a safe place as you will need it to check-in.
What is the Jetstar flight change policy?
Your eligibility to make changes to your ticket depends on the ticket class you are travelling on and your fare rules. Fees and charges apply. Login to the “Manage your Booking” section of Jetstar to search for your reservation and to make changes.
What is the Jetstar cancellations policy?
Only some flights can be cancelled and are eligible for refunds. This largely depends on the fare rules of your ticket class and is clearly stated at the time of booking. Passengers with non-refundable tickets will have to forfeit the fare paid in the event of a cancellation.
Ask an Expert