Virgin Australia Promo Codes September 2019: Up to 30% off flights
Save on flights within Australia and to international destinations with the latest Virgin Australia promo codes.
Virgin Australia gives you the most bang for your buck in Australia/Pacific. Alongside all of the perks of full-service Virgin Australia flights, you can take advantage of the offers listed below and get an absolute steal of a deal.
We've got promo codes and deals of up to 10% off international flights and getaway to get you started with booking your next trip. Virgin Australia frequently release great deals and we'll keep you updated as they do!
Virgin Australia promo codes and deals
Up to 30% off Australia-wide flights
Valid for travel between October - December 2019 and January - June 2020. Sample fare is Ballina Byron-Sydney.
Up to 10% off worldwide flights with code
Valid for travel until December 2019. Get 5% discount on elevate fares and 10% discount on freedom, premium economy and business fares. T&Cs apply.
Coupon code ends
Up to 15% off business flights in Australia with code
Valid for travel on select dates with Business Saver and business fares. Destinations include Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Perth, Adelaide and more. T&Cs apply.
Coupon code ends
Up to 15% off business flights with code
Valid for travel on select dates. Destinations include within Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Fiji. Includes 7% off getaway, elevate and freedom fares. T&Cs apply.
Coupon code ends
Up to 10% off fares with code
Valid for travel until on select dates. Includes 10% discount on elevate, getaway, freedom and business fares across Australia, Bali, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Port Moresby or Pacific Islands. T&Cs apply.
Coupon code ends
3-months of Netflix FREE when you connect to Virgin Australia Wi-Fi
Connect to Virgin Australia's in-flight Wi-Fi next time you travel and treat yourself to a free three-month subscription of Netflix.
Popular Virgin Australia coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|17 Sep 2019||Up to 10% off worldwide flights with code||CMT****|
|17 Sep 2019||Up to 15% off business flights in Australia with code||FMZ****|
|17 Sep 2019||Up to 15% off business flights with code||PRW****|
|17 Sep 2019||Up to 10% off fares with code||HNV****|
|17 Sep 2019||Up to 30% off Australia-wide flights||********|
Virgin Australia route maps
Popular Virgin Australia destinations:
- Hamilton Island
- Los Angeles
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
Virgin Australia Frequently Asked Questions
What's the Virgin Australia check in procedure?
Virgin recommends checking in at least 45 minutes prior to domestic departures. Check-in closes 30 minutes prior to your flight. Online check-in is also available. If your domestic flight is connecting to an international flight, it's recommended to leave extra time for check-in. For international flights, Virgin recommends being checked in between 90 minutes and two hours prior to your flight. Online check-in is not available for international flights, so all passengers will need to check in at the airport counter.
When does Virgin Australia have sales?
- Happy Hour Thursday: On Thursdays between 4pm and 11pm Virgin Australia hosts a happy hour sales event of discounted flights.
- #MatesRates: While there's no set date for a MatesRates sale, they occur often enough. Keep an eye out and ping your mates when you see a sale go out.
Visit Virgin's online check-in portal and enter your booking details. You'll need either your booking reference or Velocity number, surname and the departure airport information to check-in online.
What are the different Virgin Australia fare types?
Virgin Australia has nine different options for domestic flight and international short-haul flight bookings. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect with each:
How does the Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer program work?
What are the Virgin Australia baggage allowances?
- Economy (Getaway, Elevate, Freedom fare) passengers are allowed to bring aboard 23kg of checked baggage for no additional fee on top of their ticket price. Silver and Gold Velocity members can bring two bags up to 23kg each and Platinum members can bring three bags up to 23kg each.
- Premium (Premium Saver and Premium fare) passengers are allowed to bring aboard two bags up to 23kg each. This limit remains the same for Silver and Gold Velocity members. Platinum members can bring three bags up to 23kg each.
- Business (Business Saver and Business fare) passengers are allowed to bring two bags up to 32kg each. The limit remains the same for Silver and Gold Velocity members. Platinum members can bring three bags up to 32kg each.
No checked baggage is included with Go fares. No bag in any class can be more than 32kg each.
What are the Virgin Australia baggage fees?
Most Virgin Australia fares include baggage, but do limit the number of pieces to one or two. For domestic flights, the first additional piece of luggage is $70, the second piece is $90 and the third to ninth piece is $150 each. If any piece is overweight, there is an additional charge of $70 per overweight bag. For international short-haul flights departing Australia, the first piece of luggage is $120, the second piece is $200, and the third to ninth piece is $250 each. If any piece of overweight, there is an additional charge of $120 per overweight bag. For international long-haul flights to the Americas, the fee departing Australia is $150 per additional bag with an additional charge of $100 per overweight bag. For flights departing the Americas, it's US$150 per additional bag, with an additional charge of US$100 per overweight bag. For long-haul flights to other international destinations, excess baggage fees are calculated per kilogram and range from $30-$70 per kilogram.
How can I check a Virgin Australia flight status?
To check a flight status, you can either check directly on Virgin Australia's website by clicking here and searching by flight number, or checking the website of the arriving airport.
What is Virgin Australia’s Velocity Program and how can I use my points?
Virgin Australia’s Velocity Program is a loyalty program that allows customers to earn and spend points on Virgin Australia’s services such as flights (including those with partner airlines), hotels, car hire, tours and activities, as well a number of goods and services on the ground. Members can take advantage of pet points and combine or transfer points between family members. The program is free to join. To start earning and spending points simply enter your Velocity number at the time of booking.
How do I book Virgin Australia holidays?
You can book a holiday through Virgin Australia the same way you book a flight. Simply enter your departure place and destination, numbers of guests, and travel dates and click ‘Search’ to browse through the options.
What forms of payment does Virgin Australia accept?
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Travel Bank
- Gift Voucher (only via the call centre)
What is Virgin Australia’s cancellation and refunds policy?
All bookings can be cancelled, however not all are refundable. You may be charged fees to cancel and/or make changes to your flight depending on your ticket class (Saver Lite, Saver, Flexi, Business). Detailed information about the fare rules of your particular flight can be found on your itinerary and on the Virgin Australia website.
Virgin Australia Review | Pros and Cons
- Get more value with the Velocity Program. Combine your reservations and shop with Virgin’s partners to earn and spend loyalty points on a range of goods and services.
- Book everything in the same place. You can book flights, hotels, car hire, tours and take out travel insurance in just a few easy steps through Virgin Australia’s online portal.
- Easy online management. Log into your Virgin Australia account to make changes and manage your reservations easily.
- Call centre fees apply. Cancellations and changes made through the call centre will incur a fee of $35. Manage your booking online to avoid extra fees.
Latest Travel Offers
All the flight, hotel, vacation and cruise packages available online.
Ask an Expert