Pokémon GO has taken over Australia with the blinding speed of a Rapidash. Here's everything you need to know about the latest augmented reality craze.
The augmented reality app from Niantic and The Pokémon Company has been Australia's biggest drain on productivity since it launched, and we love it. The free-to-play game has had people on the streets searching for the rarest of Pokémon, and while Sydney seems to be a bastion for wayward Zubats, the hunt for a Mewtwo, Pikachu or legendary bird is one that's captivated Australia.
- Pokémon Go Buddy vs Evolution vs Hatching Distance Guide
- Pokémon GO Plus Review: Something you would find at the bottom of a cereal box
- EA was working on a Pokémon competitor
- Pokémon GO adds buddies in latest update
- Looking for the best site like Pokévision?
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory coming to Australia and New Zealand in September
- Pokémon GO SDCC16: Customised Pokéstops and undiscovered secrets
- Farfetch’d pops up all over Japan, supporting location theory
- Pokémon GO Global
- Where to find Pokémon locations all over Australia
We're just as excited as the rest of Australia for hunting Pokémon in the real world, so we've created a map listing every GYM location we've found in Sydney so far.
The map is user-generated, so any tips on gym locations around Australia are appreciated and credited to the explorer.