16 airlines and sites where you can book flexible flight tickets on new bookings
Not sure if you can travel right now, but see a great deal? Here's where to book flexible tickets where you can swap your flight for a future travel voucher.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As the potential opening up of international borders draws nearer, lots of airlines are starting to add more flights and discount tickets to draw in more travellers. But if you're stuck between the decision of getting a bargain on a flight or holding off until there's a green light on overseas travel, consider booking a flight with these airlines.
Each of these offer flexible booking options that can let you reschedule or cancel your newly booked flight.
For information on waived change-of-date fees, check out our full guide here.
- New and future bookings: Customers get unlimited free date changes for travel up until 31 January 2021.
- Virgin Australia offers flexi fares which have no fee for cancellations prior to scheduled departures.
- If you have plans to fly with Virgin Australia this year, these airfares are the best option in case of last-minute changes.
- New and future bookings: AirAsia is currently offering unlimited free date changes for bookings made up until 31 December 2020.
Air New Zealand
- New and future bookings: Air New Zealand has the option of purchasing a Flexidate ticket. If you intend to travel with the airline at any point then these fares ensure you can be fully refunded up until the day of departure.
- Flexidate fares are one-way and can be combined with other selected flights.
- New and future bookings: Emirates does not currently offer flexibility for new bookings, but change fees are waived if customers rebook within 24-months.
Summary of which airlines offer new bookings:
|Airline or agency||Does it offer new booking flexibility?|
|Air New Zealand||Yes|
|Royal Dutch Airlines||Yes|
Looking for ways to save cash?
Save money on your daily expenses and spend it on your upcoming getaway. There's plenty of little changes that you can make to save some extra cash.
Find out how to save money on your credit card and change up your insurance to see if you can get a better premium. Here are some guides on how to save money.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Best toys for 1-year-olds in Australia
These are the 7 best toys you can buy for 1-year-olds in Australia.
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
From the best overall face moisturiser for dry skin to the best body moisturiser, hand moisturiser and tinted moisturiser for dry skin, these are the best 7 moisturisers for dry skin you can buy in Australia right now.
Best caravan parks in Port Hughes
Here are the caravan parks worth staying at along the Copper Coast.
Best controllers for PCs in Australia
These are the best PC controllers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Best caravan parks in Mannum
Find the best caravan parks in Mannum and explore the heart of the Murray River.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Best caravan parks in Kalbarri, Western Australia
Base yourself moments away from the West Coast’s Kalbarri National Park.
Best portable fridge freezers in Australia 2021: Single zone
There’s no shortage of cooling options when camping, working or four-wheel driving, but what are the best portable fridge freezers in Australia?
Ask an Expert