How to watch UFC 236 live stream: Holloway vs Poirier and Adesanya vs Gastelum
There are two main events on the UFC 236 card, with Max Holloway taking on Dustin Poirier, and Israel Adesanya battling Kelvin Gastelum. Here's how you can watch UFC 236 live.
It's always a big weekend for sports fans when the UFC is on and it doesn't get any bigger than two title fights on the one card. That's what will unfold during the morning of April 14, 2019. Max Holloway vs Dustin Poirier will close the card in a battle for the interim lightweight championship: it's a long awaited rematch for the duo and fireworks are expected.
Then we have Israel Adesanya vs Kelvin Gastelum doubling the intrigue in a fight for the interim middleweight championship. Adesanya is looking to become the first New Zealand-based Kiwi to hold a UFC belt (fellow countrymen Mark Hunt and Robert Whittaker are both based in Australia). Adesanya will no doubt have the support of everyone in the land down under, joining the chorus of cheers from fans across the ditch in New Zealand.
They headline a Main Card line-up of five fights, following an Undercard featuring a further eight battles. All up fight fans have 13 bouts to enjoy in UFC 236, assuming you can find a means to watch them. Thankfully there are a few options available for those who want to live stream UFC 236 or watch it on a TV.
When is the UFC 236 start time in Australia and New Zealand?
The full roster of fights is broken into three components. There is the Early Card, the Preliminary Card and the Main Card. Individual start times for each fight are hard to gauge given that some bouts go the distance and others end quickly. Below you will find a table with all the UFC 236 start time information.
|Sydney, Brisbane, Melboune, Canberra, Hobart||Darwin, Adelaide||Perth||New Zealand|
How to watch UFC 236 in Australia
There are four ways to watch the Main Card of UFC 236.
- Purchase it through Foxtel IQ's Main Event service or directly through Main Event. This is a pay-per-view event and will set you back $54.95. As well as the Main Card, you will be able to watch the entire Undercard, so if you have a few mates you can get around to chip into the cost, it's a worthy investment.
- Sign up for UFC Fight Pass. Like Main Event, it features all 13 fights via a live stream. You cannot live stream Main Event through Foxtel Go or Foxtel Now, so if you are not at home and need to stream UFC 236, then you'll need to invest the $71.49 required for UFC Fight Pass.
- If you have a PS4, you can purchase the rights to watch UFC 236 through the console. It appears as Live Events content, and once you have paid the $71.49 required to unlock it, it can then be watched through the My Videos app. If you are a PlayStation Plus member, you get a further 10% discount, bringing it down to $64.34.
- Find a pub, RSL or other such establishment that is showing UFC 236 and enjoy it there. Below we have provided a list of the various establishments around Australia that have Foxtel, and therefore have the capability to show UFC 236. However, just because they can show it doesn't mean they will, so make sure you check directly with them in advance of turning up.
There are three additional ways of watching the Undercard of UFC 236.
- As well as the above four options, ESPN will also be showing the four fights on the Preliminary Card (see below). The first way ESPN can be accessed in Australia is via Foxtel IQ's premium Sports Pack. This is an added pack on top of your base channels, and costs an additional $29 per month (or $39 if you want it in HD). Since Foxtel IQ needs to be installed at your house and under your TV in advance of watching UFC 236, it's only useful at late notice for those who already have the service installed. You can simply log in to your account and upgrade your package to include sport for a month.
- Foxtel Now is the streaming alternative to the set-top box, fully installed Foxtel IQ. It's available on almost every device, and you can instantly sign up to it and access ESPN without much effort. However, Foxtel Now, like Foxtel IQ, does treat sport as a premium add-on pack, so the lowest monthly cost for Foxtel Now with ESPN is $54. You can learn about the latest Foxtel packages here.
- Kayo Sports is the newest face in Australia's TV broadcast scene and it's quite excellent. It allows you to access the 13 best sport channels from Foxtel's service (including the two ESPN channels) for just $25 per month. Available on almost every device, and through a TV via ChromeCast, it's Kayo Sports unique viewing features – such as SplitView (four channels at once), picture-in-picture mode, key moments and hide scores – that have turned it into a sport lover's favourite. Read our full Kayo Sports review for more.
Live stream UFC 236 for free
Yes, you can stream UFC 236 for free legally. Well, at least the four fights on the Preliminary Card. There is no getting around the Main Card's pay-per-view restrictions, but as ESPN is showing the Preliminary Card, and both Foxtel Now (10-days) and Kayo Sports (14-days) have free trial periods, it is possible to live stream some of UFC 236 for free. Both these trial periods, linked above, are easy to sign up for and then later deactivate should you not want to continue with the service.
Get to know Kayo with our guides
UFC 236 Full Card
Here is the full card for UFC 236, but note that the order of the fights can change on the night. The Undercard is broken up into the Early Card and the Preliminary Card.
- Brandon Davis vs Randy Costa (Bantamweight)
- Lauren Mueller vs Poliana Botelho (Women's flyweight)
- Montel Jackson vs Andre Soukhamthath (Bantamweight)
- Curtis Millender vs Belal Muhammad (Welterweight)
- Boston Salmon vs Khalid Taha (Bantamweight)
- Max Griffin vs Zelim Imadaev (Welterweight)
- Wilson Reis vs Alexandre Pantoja (Flyweight)
- Jalin Turner vs Matt Frevola (Lightweight)
- Ovince Saint Preux vs Nikita Krylov (Light Heavyweight)
- Alan Jouban vs Beanie Sigel (Welterweight)
- Eryk Anders vs Khalil Rountree (Light Heavyweight)
- Kelvin Gastelum vs Israel Adesanya (Middleweight Title)
- Max Holloway vs Dustin Poirier (Lightweight Title)
- Where to watch NHL Stanley Cup Finals Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars live in Australia
- Where to watch the Indian Premier League live online in Australia
- NFL Game Pass Australia: Price, content, features
- How to live stream 2020 PGA Championship golf in Australia
- How to watch Canterbury Bulldogs vs Parramatta Eels NRL live and free
Ask an Expert