Purchased a fancy new Smart TV but don’t know what to do with it? Make the most of that bad boy with Foxtel Play.
As Smart TVs get cheaper and internet TV choices multiply, more than ever people are streaming their daily entertainment straight from the internet. If you’ve already made the plunge and treated yourself to a Smart TV, then what are you waiting for? There are various free trials available for Australian’s streaming video on demand (SVOD) that give you access to thousands of titles in an instant. Follow these simple directions to trial Foxtel Play on your Samsung Smart TV today.
Firstly, you’ll need to register for your free trial…
Before we get started with setting up Foxtel Play on your Smart TV, you’re going to need a Foxtel Play account. We’d recommend signing up to the 2 week free trial by clicking on the links available on this page.
Foxtel Play two weeks free trial
Get free trial for two weeks now at Foxtel Play
Is your Samsung Smart TV or Smart Hub enabled device compatible with Foxtel Play?
Not all Samsung TVs were created equally, that’s why it’s important to check that the television is compatible with Foxtel Play. Below is a list of compatible devices.
Where can I find my TV's model number?
|Blu-Ray Players||BD-F8900, BD-F8909, BD-F8500, BD-F8509, BD-F6900, BD-6909, BD-F5900, BD-FM5900, BD-F6500, BD-F7500, 2012BD Player with HDD (Only with "SmartHub" feature) BD-E8500A, BD-E8900A, BD-H5500/XY, BD-H6500/XY, BD-H8500A/XY, BD-H8900A/XY, HT-H4500R/XY, HT-H6550WM/XY, HT-H7750WM/XY|
|Home Theatre||HT-F5200, HT-FS5200, HT-F5500, HT-F5500K, HT-5500W, HT-F5530, HT-F5550, HT-F5530K, HT-5530HK, HT-F5550K, HT-F5550HK, HT-FM53, HT-FM53C, HT-FM55WC, HT-FS6200, HT-F6500, HT-F6500W, HT-FM65WC, HT-F6530, HT-F6550, HT-F6530W, HT-F6550W, HT-F9750W, HT-FS9200|
|Smart TV||Any Smart TV model after 2012|
|Other||Any TV, Blu-Ray Player or Home Theatre System released before 2012|
How do I set up Foxtel Play on Samsung Smart TV?
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and check that it is connected to the internet.
- Open Samsung Smart Hub by pressing the button on your remote control.
- Open the Foxtel Play application (this should be preloaded on your television so long as your TV is updated with the latest firmware).
- Log in with the username and password you chose when you signed up to Foxtel Play.
Need to update your Samsung Smart TV with the latest firmware?
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV and check that is connected to the internet. Some devices take longer to establish a connection than others, so give it a few minutes.
- Navigate to the options menu by pressing Menu on the remote control. Arrow down on the Support tab select Software Update.
- Select Online.
- Wait as your Samsung device searches for an update, if there is one available, your device with download and install it automatically.