With its larger screen, faster processor and sharper dual-lens camera, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is a significant upgrade over its predecessor.
You can't fault HMD Global for its dedication. Since acquiring the Nokia brand back in 2016, the Finnish mobile phone company has rolled out no fewer than eight different handsets spanning the entire breadth of the smartphone market. From the budget-friendly Nokia 1 to the top-of-the-line Nokia 8 Sirocco, the second coming of Nokia is in full swing.
What stands out most about the Nokia renaissance, though, is HMD Global's focus on iterative design. In the year and change since it first launched its new Nokia handsets, it has taken onboard critical and customer feedback and released improved versions of many of its smartphones. Thus, the Nokia 6.1 Plus. An upgraded take on the Nokia 6.1 which itself was a refresh of the original Nokia 6, the Nokia 6.1 Plus brings a slew of new features including a larger screen, a more versatile dual-lens camera and faster guts for a smoother user experience. Despite all these improvements, the Nokia 6.1 Plus remains a budget-friendly mid-range device, with a price tag of just $379.
- Larger screen and wider 19:9 aspect ratio lend themselves well to on-the-go entertainment
- Two years of regular updates will help the Nokia 6.1 Plus stay relevant into the future
- Dual-lens camera enables sharper photos and more complex depth-of-field effects
- AI-powered image enhancements simplify the photo-taking process
- A faster processor and more RAM makes for a capable mid-range handset
- Android One provides a clean and streamlined interface
- Up to 9 hours of video playback according to HMD Global, which should ensure easy all-day battery life
- Fast charging via USB-C ensures minimal downtime
Nokia 6.1 Plus
Bigger and beefier but still budget-friendly
The Nokia 6.1 Plus refines nearly all aspects of its predecessor while still retaining its affordable mid-range price tag.
- You can purchase the Nokia 6.1 Plus for $379 from online retailers like Amazon and Kogan.
|Display size (inches)||5.8|
|Display resolution (pixels)||HD+|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 636|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,060|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||5|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.4|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||16|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 4|
Latest Nokia news
Should you opt for the Apple iPhone XS or the new Nokia 9 Pureview? Read more…
How does Nokia's flagship Nokia 9 Pureview stack up against the premium Samsung Galaxy S10? Read more…
Nokia's gone all-out with the camera technology in the Nokia 9 Pureview, but how does it compare against the leading Android flagship phones? Read more…