No Smart TV? No problem. Start watching Foxtel Now today on the latest gaming consoles.
Are you sick of Smart TV owners telling you about all the wild and wonderful things their new gadget can do that your old television can’t? Well, did you know you can do all the things a Smart TV can do and more by using the latest gaming consoles? You know, that strange box in your living room that your children worship?
If you own an Xbox or Playstation console you can begin streaming Foxtel Now today. Granted, you’ll have to pry the controller from the clutches of your family first. Below is a step-by-step guide for setting up Foxtel Now on each device.
Foxtel Now vs Foxtel Play
Foxtel recently rebranded its Foxtel Play service as Foxtel Now, but Xbox and PlayStation consoles still refer to it as Foxtel Play. Rest assured, using the Foxtel Play app will let you access all the latest TV available on Foxtel Now.
What consoles can I stream Foxtel Now on?
Foxtel Now two weeks free trial
Get free trial for two weeks now at Foxtel Now
Note: To use Foxtel Now on Xbox you must have an Xbox LIVE subscription. If someone in your household uses online gaming this should already be set up.
- Turn the Xbox on and ensure that it is connected to the internet via your Wi-Fi.
- Using the Xbox controller, navigate to the TV and Movies page from your homescreen.
- On the TV and Movies page, select the Foxtel Play tile (again, Xbox still refers to Foxtel Now as Foxtel Play) by pressing the button.
- Wait for the Foxtel Play application to download (this should take no longer than a few minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection).
- The application should automatically open once it’s downloaded (if not, simply select the Foxtel Play tile again).
- You should now see the Foxtel Play library. Select a title and you should be prompted with a Sign In page. Enter the username and password you chose when you signed up for the free trial and select LOG IN.
- Done! Now all there is to do is select your favourite and movie or TV series kick back– presuming there’s no one begging for you to give them back their Xbox.
What are the benefits of streaming Foxtel Now on Xbox One or Xbox 360?
- Save your favourite content
- Control it with the Xbox media remote
- Control with gestures and voice commands using Kinect (it’ll make you feel like Tony Stark)
- Bing search (...yay?)
- Saves you purchasing an expensive Smart TV
Note: To stream Foxtel Now on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, you will need to be logged into a Playstation Network (PSN) account. If someone in your household uses online gaming, your console should already be registered.
- Switch on the Playstation console.
- Log in to the primary users profile (if you log in as a guest, you may not be able to access the PSN account).
- PS3: Navigate to the TV/Services icon in the PS3 menu.PS4:Navigate to the TV and Video section (jump to step 5).
- PS3: Select and press the button.
- Locate the Foxtel Play application (again, PlayStation still refers to Foxtel Now as Foxtel Play) and select Download.
- Wait for the Foxtel Play application to finish downloading (should be complete in 2 minutes or less).
- Navigate back to the TV/Services section and select the Foxtel Play application by pressing the .
- In the Foxtel Play application, you should be presented with the many titles you begin streaming. Select a title you would like to stream. You should now receive a prompt to log in with your username and password you chose when signing up the free trial.
What are the benefits of streaming Foxtel Now on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4?
- Cheaper than purchasing a Smart TV
- Cross functionality with other Sony products (stereos, PS VITA etc.)
- Easy-to-manage parental controls