Life’s good with Foxtel Play, why not make the most out of it with your LG Smart TV?
Purchased the latest LG Smart TV? Good for you. Don’t know what to do with it? Don’t worry you’re not alone. There are so many things you can do with a Smart TV. You can check the weather, catch up on the news, but most importantly you can use streaming video on demand (SVOD) services, like Foxtel Play. We have a simple, step-by-step guide for setting up Foxtel Play on your LG Smart TV.
If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up to Foxtel Play’s free trial
Foxtel are currently offering 14-days free on their streaming service if you’re a new customer. There’s no lock-in contracts and no strings attached. Find out how to get your free trial today to get yourself one step closer to streaming on your LG Smart TV.
Foxtel two weeks free trial
Get free trial for two weeks now at Foxtel Play
Is my LG Smart TV compatible with Foxtel Play?
Note the Foxtel play app is only available on some 2013 LG models and nothing newer.
|M13 - LCD||60LA7410, 55LA7400, 55LA6620, 50LA6620, 47LA6620,42LA6620, 60LA6230, 55LA6230, 50LA6230, 42LA6230,32LA6230, 60LN5710, 55LN5710, 42LN5710, 55LA6200, 55LA6910, 42LA6910|
Note: The Foxtel Play application should already be loaded on your LG Smart TV. If not, update your LG Smart TV to the latest firmware before continuing.
- Power your LG Smart TV on.
- Make sure your LG Smart TV is connected to the internet (instructions on testing connection settings can be found in your TV’s manual)
- Access the LG Smart Hub by pressing the HOME or button.
- In the LG Smart Hub, select the Foxtel Play application.
- Enter the username and password that you created when registering with Foxtel Play and select LOG IN with the remote.
- Congratulations! You can now start streaming Foxtel Play’s library from your LG Smart TV.
What are the pros and cons of streaming Foxtel Play through my LG Smart TV?
There are many ways you can stream Foxtel Play, each has it pros and cons. Below are the benefits to streaming Foxtel Play through an LG Smart TV.
- Pause and rewind up to 30 minutes for Anytime content
- Easy-to-manage parental controls
- Create a list of favourite channels
- Not available to Optus customers
- Only three devices can be registered at a time. Restricted to switching out devices to once every calendar month.