Life’s good with Foxtel Now, so why not make the most of it with your LG smart TV?
Purchased the latest LG smart TV but don’t know what to do with it? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Thankfully, there are plenty of things you can do with your new smart TV, from checking the weather to catching up on the news. Most importantly, though, you can use streaming video on demand (SVOD) services like Foxtel Now. We have a simple, step-by-step guide to walk you through setting up Foxtel Now on your LG smart TV.
Foxtel Now vs Foxtel Play
Foxtel recently rebranded its Foxtel Play service under the name Foxtel Now, but LG smart TVs still access the service using the Foxtel Play app. The content is the same – only the name is different.
Foxtel Subscription Packages
If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up to Foxtel Now’s free trial
Foxtel is currently offering 14 days free on its streaming service if you’re a new customer. There are no lock-in contracts and no strings attached. Find out how to get your Foxtel Now free trial today to get yourself one step closer to streaming on your LG smart TV.
Is my LG smart TV compatible with Foxtel Now?
Please note that Foxtel Now, through the Foxtel Play app, is only available on some 2013 LG models and nothing newer.
|M13 - LCD||60LA7410, 55LA7400, 55LA6620, 50LA6620, 47LA6620,42LA6620, 60LA6230, 55LA6230, 50LA6230, 42LA6230,32LA6230, 60LN5710, 55LN5710, 42LN5710, 55LA6200, 55LA6910, 42LA6910|
How do I set up Foxtel Now on my LG smart TV?
Note: The Foxtel Play application should already be loaded on your LG smart TV. If not, update your LG smart TV to the latest firmware before continuing.
- Power your LG smart TV on.
- Make sure your LG smart TV is connected to the Internet (instructions on testing connection settings can be found in your TV’s manual).
- Access the LG Smart Hub by pressing the HOME button.
- In the LG Smart Hub, select the Foxtel Play application.
- Enter the username and password that you created when registering with Foxtel Now and select LOG IN with the remote.
- Congratulations! You can now start streaming Foxtel Now’s library from your LG smart TV.
What are the pros and cons of streaming Foxtel Now through my LG smart TV?
Streaming Foxtel Now on an LG smart TV has a number of advantages. If you're watching Anytime content (catch-up TV, in other words), you can pause and rewind up to 30 minutes in any program. You can also save your favourite channels in a single list, making it easier to switch between them. And if you have kids running around, you'll be glad to know there are plenty of parental controls available through Foxtel Now on LG smart TVs.
The only real downside to streaming Foxtel Now on your LG smart TV is the fact it takes up one of your five available slots for registered Foxtel Now devices. If you've already registered five devices to your Foxtel Now account, you can only switch them out once every month.
Foxtel in the news
Meanwhile, Netflix smuggles itself across the border for Narcos: Mexico and Amazon Prime Video jumps into the passenger seat with Ken Block for The Gymkhana Files. Read more…
From the supernatural mysteries of Riverdale to the black humour of Patriot, there's a whole lot to love in this week's line-up of streaming new releases. Read more…
In November, Stan is all about the power of three and no activity while Netflix is bringing the She-Ra reboot to Australia and Foxtel heads to Castle Rock. Read more…
- 15 of the best crime shows for streaming sleuths to unravel
- Gem Finder: You’re the Worst doesn’t sugarcoat romance
- Every confirmed Disney+ TV show and what we’d like to see
- 5 superb kids TV shows on Netflix to share with the family (and 5 to avoid)
- The most chilling horror movies streaming on Netflix Australia