No Smart TV? No problem. Start watching Foxtel Now today on the latest gaming consoles.
Are you sick of Smart TV owners telling you about all the wild and wonderful things their new gadget can do that your old television can’t? Well, did you know you can do all the things a Smart TV can do and more by using the latest gaming consoles? You know, that strange box in your living room that your children worship?
If you own an Xbox or Playstation console you can begin streaming Foxtel Now today. Granted, you’ll have to pry the controller from the clutches of your family first. Below is a step-by-step guide for setting up Foxtel Now on each device.
Foxtel Now vs Foxtel Play
Foxtel recently rebranded its Foxtel Play service as Foxtel Now, but Xbox One and PlayStation 3 consoles still refer to it as Foxtel Play (The PS4 has a dedicated Foxtel Now app). Rest assured, using the Foxtel Play app will let you access all the latest TV available on Foxtel Now.
What consoles can I use to stream Foxtel Now?
|Click here to binge the latest TV shows using Foxtel Now’s two-week free trial||Try Foxtel Now for a two-week free trial.||
How to set up Foxtel Now on Xbox One and Xbox 360
Note: To use Foxtel Now on Xbox you must have an Xbox LIVE subscription. If someone in your household uses online gaming it should already be set up.
- Turn the Xbox on and ensure that it is connected to the Internet via your Wi-Fi.
- Using the Xbox controller, navigate to the "TV and Movies" page from your homescreen.
- From there, select the "Foxtel Play" tile (again, Xbox still refers to Foxtel Now as Foxtel Play) by pressing the button.
- Wait for the "Foxtel Play" application to download (which should take no longer than a few minutes, depending on the speed of your Internet connection).
- The application should automatically open once it’s downloaded (if not, simply select the "Foxtel Play" tile again).
- You should now see the Foxtel Play library. Select a title and you should be prompted with a "Sign In" page. Enter the username and password you chose when you signed up for the free trial and select "LOG IN".
- Done! Now all there is to do is select your favourite and movie or TV series kick back – presuming there’s no one begging for you to give back their Xbox.
What are the benefits of streaming Foxtel Now on Xbox One or Xbox 360?
- Save your favourite content
- Control it with the Xbox media remote
- Control with gestures and voice commands using Kinect (it’ll make you feel like Tony Stark)
- Bing search (...yay?)
- Saves you purchasing an expensive Smart TV
How to set up Foxtel Now on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4
Note: To stream Foxtel Now on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, you will need to be logged into a Playstation Network (PSN) account. If someone in your household uses online gaming, your console should already be registered.
- Switch on the Playstation console.
- Log in to the primary users profile (if you log in as a guest, you may not be able to access the PSN account).
- PS3: Navigate to the "TV/Services" icon in the PS3 menu. PS4:Navigate to the "TV and Video" section (jump to step 5).
- PS3: Select and press the button.
- Locate the "Foxtel Play" application (again, PlayStation still refers to Foxtel Now as Foxtel Play) and select "Download".
- Wait for the Foxtel Play application to finish downloading (should be complete in two minutes or less).
- Navigate back to the TV/Services section and select the Foxtel Play application by pressing the .
- In the Foxtel Play application, you should be presented with the many titles you begin streaming. Select a title you would like to stream. You should now receive a prompt to log in with your username and password you chose when signing up the free trial.
What are the benefits of streaming Foxtel Now on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4?
- Cheaper than purchasing a Smart TV
- Cross-functionality with other Sony products (stereos, PS VITA etc.)
- Easy-to-manage parental controls
Latest May 2018 deals for gaming consoles
AU$329.00 Xbox One S + 4 games
$559.95 Go 4K with PlayStation 4 Pro
Purchase Nintendo Switch
- Where to watch the 2018 Giro d’Italia online in Australia
- Where to watch the A-League Grand Final online in Australia
- Stan on Qantas: Romper Stomper, No Activity and other originals incoming
- Chromecast Ultra review: Google’s simple streaming solution
- View Finder: Thinking of heading to the movies? Deux it