Manage your child's screen time with Family Zone and the Alcatel FZ One.
Parenting has only gotten tougher as technology has advanced. With the rise of smartphones, the volume of inappropriate content kids can access is staggering, and it's all too easy for young minds to fall prey to the psychological hooks of modern entertainment and end up spending hours glued to their mobile screens.
While denying your kid a smartphone is always an option, it's not a practical one in this day and age. The modern world expects children and adults alike to be always connected, and to ignore that is to place your offspring at a significant disadvantage.
This is where Family Zone comes in. This Australian company provides a suite of parental control and monitoring tools for use across a variety of modern devices, allowing parents to limit what content their kids can access and how much time they spend interfacing with the digital world.
To show off these tools, Family Zone sells its own budget-priced smartphone called the Alcatel FZ One. With a 13MP camera, a fingerprint sensor and facial recognition, the FZ One combines the core features of a modern smartphone with a 12-month Family Zone subscription, providing parents with peace of mind while ensuring their kids have the tools to succeed in our digital world.
- A slim and sleek design courtesy of Alcatel.
- Large, 18:9 display for watching videos and playing games.
- Fingerprint sensor provides extra protection against voyeurs and thieves.
- Solid front and rear cameras for the price.
- Facial recognition provides an additional layer of security.
- Low-cost hardware is powerful enough for basic tasks.
- 3D gaming is largely out of the question.
- A 3,000mAh battery coupled with low-power hardware is a strong combination.
- Up to 17 hours of 3G talk time, according to Alcatel.
- Enables automatic control of your child's screen time, app access and more.
- Controls can be monitored and changed from anywhere via the Family Zone app.
Pricing and availability
- The FZ One is available outright from Family Zone for $199.
- Woolworths Mobile is also offering the FZ One on contract for $5/month plus plan fees.
Alcatel FZ One
The child-friendly smartphone to set parents' minds at ease
The FZ One combines modern smartphone features with an extensive suite of monitoring and security tools to help parents control their kids' mobile activities.
|Display size (inches)||5.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1440 x 720|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||292|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||13|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.4|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||N/A|
Latest Alcatel news
Not all phones have to cost you an arm and a leg. Read more…
By packing in an 18:9 display and Android Oreo Go, the Alcatel 1X is capable of more than you'd expect from a budget smartphone. Read more…
The Alcatel 1C isn't a fancy phone by any stretch of the imagination, but it's impossible to argue that it doesn't represent good value. Read more…