Save 16% on Disney+ with an annual subscription
How to watch Disney+ on Google Chromecast
Use your Chromecast to watch Disney+ on your TV.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Disney's new streaming service Disney+ is now live in Australia. And while being able to take content with you on your smartphone or tablet is great, nothing beats sinking into your favourite spot on the couch and chilling out to a great movie or TV show.
Disney+ works with Google's Chromecast, so you can easily send content from your small screen to the big screen.
Here's how to set up Chromecast with Disney+:
Step 1: Set up your Google Chromecast
If you haven't already, you'll need to install and configure Chromecast to your TV. Although Chromecast is a Google product, it works with virtually any device.
- Plug your Chromecast dongle into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Stick your Chromecast's power cable into a suitable power socket.
- Switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI input.
- If you haven't already configured your Chromecast, follow the on-screen prompts to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network.
Once all that is done, you'll be ready to start streaming.
Step 2: Log in to your Disney+ account
Connect to Disney+ on your preferred mobile device. If you haven't already installed and set up the app, go to your preferred app store, download the app and set it up.
Step 3: Streaming Disney+ to your TV using Chromecast
With your Chromecast device connected and running on your TV you can enjoy your content with full sound and a big screen.
- Open the movie or TV show you want to watch on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon near the top corner of your mobile screen.
- Choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- Grab your popcorn.
- Enjoy the flick!
Image source: Disney+ website
- How to watch Marvel’s Black Widow online in Australia
- Where to watch Dude, Where’s My Car? online in Australia
- Where to watch Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 online in Australia
- Where to watch Ugly Betty online in Australia
- How to watch new Cruella movie online in Australia
- How to watch Katey Sagal show Rebel online in Australia
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 75% off deluxe massage chairs, 45% off mini wildlife cameras, 64% off BBQ Grill Charcoal Smokers.
How to watch Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers AFL live and match preview
Sydney and Fremantle meet in round 19 with plenty to play for.
How to watch Geelong Cats vs Richmond Tigers AFL live and match preview
Will it be a case of no Dustin Martin, no Richmond when the Tigers meet the Cats in round 19?
Manly Sea Eagles vs Wests Tigers NRL: Start time and how to watch free
The Sea Eagles and Wests Tigers face each other in Brisbane in round 19.
How to watch Carlton Blues vs North Melbourne Kangaroos AFL live and match preview
Can Carlton continue their surge to the finals with a round 19 win against the Kangaroos?
How to watch Penrith Panthers vs Brisbane Broncos NRL live and match preview
The Panthers will be aiming to feast on the Broncos in round 19.
How to redeem your PS5 Apple TV+ 6-month free trial in Australia
Here's how to redeem the PlayStation 5 free six months of Apple TV+ deal.
How to watch North Melbourne Kangaroos vs Essendon Bombers AFL live and match preview
Essendon are well within reach of the top 8 and North Melbourne are coming off a huge upset win ahead of their round 18 showdown.
How to watch South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Canterbury Bulldogs NRL live and match preview
A quartet of South Sydney’s Origin stars have been named to back up in their clash with the last-placed Bulldogs.
How to watch Melbourne Demons vs Hawthorn Hawks AFL live and match preview
Melbourne can move a step closer to the AFL minor premiership against Hawthorn in round 17.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert