Up to 48% off things to do in Gold Coast + Extra $5 off with code
Where to go for Valentine’s Day dinner in the Gold Coast 2021
Plus, activities, overnight stays and cruises for the finest Valentine's Day date in town.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Valentine’s Day always seems to sneak up on us. Don't let it get the better of you this year. It lands (once again) on 14 February but we're preparing you for it with dinner options and activities that will "wow".
Here are some seriously hot tables as well as fun ways to spark the romance in your relationship if you're looking for inspiration or just left it to the last minute.
Valentine's Day dinners in the Gold Coast
4-course Middle Eastern lunch or dinner for 2 at Mecca Bah from RedBalloon
If you two love to try something new then Mecca Bah offers North African and Moroccan cuisine with a modern twist. Spice up that date night here.
- Includes: Four-course middle Eastern meal for two and a glass of wine
- Price: $110 per person
Romantic beach picnic from RedBalloon
Surprise your loved one with a romantic beach picnic with a secret photographer to capture your special moment. Hint: this might be the PERFECT time to pop that big question.
- Includes: Food hamper and a bottle of Piper Heidsieck champagne
- Price: $790
Things to do on Valentine's Day in the Gold Coast
Penguin Antarctic Adventure at Sea World from RedBalloon
Animal lovers can go behind the scenes for this very special encounter with Sea World's penguins.
- Includes: 45-minute penguin experience and a souvenir photo to take home with you
- Price: $125 per person
Hot air ballooning over the Gold Coast with champagne breakfast from RedBalloon
Make this a memory they'll cherish for a lifetime as you soar high above the Gold Coast and Hinterland in a romantic hot air balloon. The views are breathtaking. Plus, you'll celebrate the trip with a champagne breakfast at the end.
Price: $299 per personCheck availability
Sunset guided kayak adventure from RedBalloon
Paddle into the sunset, literally, beside your better half as you explore Surfers Paradise's canals. Then, cap the day off with a glass of wine, before heading off to dinner, naturally.
- Includes: Two-hour guided kayaking tour and glass of wine
- Price: $55 per person
Escape room experience for 2 at Escape Hunt Gold Coast from RedBalloon
Test your smarts and your ability to work together by cracking puzzles and solving crimes at this escape room. It's great for new couples to have fun or old ones who have been collaborating with each other for years.
- Includes: One-hour Escape Hunt experience for two and refreshments after the game
- Location: Escape Hunt Escape Room, Southport, Gold Coast
- Price: $84 for 2
Valentine's Day hotel and accommodation packages in the Gold Coast
2 nights at Pethers Rainforest Retreat from RedBalloon
Switch off your mobile phone, leave the iPad at home and head for the sub-tropical hills of the Gold Coast Hinterland. This is a two-night stay with absolutely nothing to do. Isn't that wonderful?
- Includes: 2 nights' luxurious accommodation, chocolates, sparkling wine and daily breakfast basket.
- Price: $620 per room for 2 nights
Top free Valentine's Day activities in the Gold Coast
- Head down to the beach. Can't go wrong with a day out in the sun. We recommend Burleigh Heads and Broadbeach.
- Take a stroll through the national park. This one is for all you romantics who love the great outdoors. Spend the day getting in touch with nature.
- Bike ride along the coast. Grab some bikes and head to the coastal paths. Spend the day and catch the sunset (or the sunrise for all the early birds).
- Gold Coast Regional Botanical Gardens. It's the date that has withstood the test of time, so pack up a picnic and head down to the park for a day with your significant other.
Need more inspiration? You've got it.
More guides on Finder
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
The return of the Rafters, an acclaimed comic book series and a timely submarine crime caper are amongst our top picks this week.
Where to buy Pop It fidget toys 2021
Wondering what all the fuss is about? Get in on the new craze keeping little (and big) fingers busy this year.
Top tech gift deals for Father’s Day 2021
Browse a range of top tech products and get Dad something he really wants this Father's Day.
Last-minute Father’s Day 2021 gift ideas
If you've left your Father's Day gift shopping until the last minute, you still have time to snap up these great gifts.
Geeky Father’s Day gift ideas for 2021
From bad pun tees to gaming consoles, we've got the gifts Dad is guaranteed to love.
The 12 best Father’s Day gift hampers for 2021
Make dad's day from afar with one of these thoughtful Father's Day hampers that can be delivered to his door.
Where to buy CS:GO cards online 2021
If you’re planning a CS:GO trading cards focused spending spree, look no further than these online stores.
Top Mother’s Day greeting cards for 2021
Make Mum’s day extra special this year with a card that’s guaranteed to make her smile.
My Muscle Chef discount codes September 2021
My Muscle Chef takes the hard work out of planning healthy meals and shopping. Free up your life and give yourself exercise time.
Novo discount codes and coupons September 2021
Enjoy the latest in gorgeous women’s shoes when you shop at Novo. They have everything a girl could want.
Ask an Expert