Where to go for Valentine’s Day dinner in the Gold Coast 2021
Plus, activities, overnight stays and cruises for the finest Valentine's Day date in town.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Valentine’s Day always seems to sneak up on us. Don't let it get the better of you this year. It lands (once again) on 14 February but we're preparing you for it with dinner options and activities that will "wow".
Here are some seriously hot tables as well as fun ways to spark the romance in your relationship if you're looking for inspiration or just left it to the last minute.
4-course Middle Eastern lunch or dinner for 2 at Mecca Bah from RedBalloon
If you two love to try something new then Mecca Bah offers North African and Moroccan cuisine with a modern twist. Spice up that date night here.
- Includes: Four-course middle Eastern meal for two and a glass of wine
- Price: $110 per person
Romantic beach picnic from RedBalloon
Surprise your loved one with a romantic beach picnic with a secret photographer to capture your special moment. Hint: this might be the PERFECT time to pop that big question.
- Includes: Food hamper and a bottle of Piper Heidsieck champagne
- Price: $790
Ragdoll Dining: Cocktails and cheeseboard from Groupon
For a bit of casual dining this Valentine's Day, head down to Ragdoll for some drinks and cheese.
- Includes: Two cocktails and grazing board
- Price: From $42 for 2 people
Four Winds 360° Revolving Restaurant: High Tea from Groupon
If you're after sweet and simple then a high tea is perfect for this upcoming 14 February.
- Includes: High tea with sparkling wine
- Price: $89 for 2 people
Sightseeing cruise with buffet lunch from RedBalloon
Sit back and relax as you take in the magnificent views and informative commentary as you cruise along Surfers Paradise and beyond all while enjoying a delicious buffet lunch. Tour is with Wyndham Cruises.
- Includes:Two-hour cruise with buffet lunch
- Price: $65 per person
Penguin Antarctic Adventure at Sea World from RedBalloon
Animal lovers can go behind the scenes for this very special encounter with Sea World's penguins.
- Includes: 45-minute penguin experience and a souvenir photo to take home with you
- Price: $125 per person
Snorkelling on Wave Break Island from RedBalloon
Spend half a day at the beach, diving into the blue and swimming among the sea life at Wave Break island.
- Includes: Return transfers, all snorkelling equipment and guides for the four-hour experience
- Price: $69 per person
Hot air ballooning over the Gold Coast with champagne breakfast from RedBalloon
Make this a memory they'll cherish for a lifetime as you soar high above the Gold Coast and Hinterland in a romantic hot air balloon. The views are breathtaking. Plus, you'll celebrate the trip with a champagne breakfast at the end.
Price: $299 per personCheck availability
Sunset guided kayak adventure from RedBalloon
Paddle into the sunset, literally, beside your better half as you explore Surfers Paradise's canals. Then, cap the day off with a glass of wine, before heading off to dinner, naturally.
- Includes: Two-hour guided kayaking tour and glass of wine
- Price: $55 per person
Escape room experience for 2 at Escape Hunt Gold Coast from RedBalloon
Test your smarts and your ability to work together by cracking puzzles and solving crimes at this escape room. It's great for new couples to have fun or old ones who have been collaborating with each other for years.
- Includes: One-hour Escape Hunt experience for two and refreshments after the game
- Location: Escape Hunt Escape Room, Southport, Gold Coast
- Price: $84 for 2
Sirromet Winery: Tour and Tasting Tour including Lunch from Viator
Take a day out of the Valentine's Day weekend to explore one of the best local wineries: Sirromet. It's not just about clinking glasses with this tour which walks you through the winery, lets you taste its best drinks and finishes it off with a two-course meal on the Tuscan Terrace overlooking Mount Cotton.
- Cost: $147 for 2 people
- Location: Tour starts at Sirromet Winery Cellar Door
Sunset or mid-day sailing cruise for 2 from RedBalloon
Choose between a sunset or mid-day cruise and relax for two hours as you sail the waters of Gold Coast. Love is definitely in the air.
Price: $158 for 2Check availability
60-minute in-home massage from RedBalloon
Treat your special someone with a relaxing 60-minute massage in the comfort of their own home. Who can hate on that?
Price: $199Check availability
2 nights at Q1 Resort and Spa from RedBalloon
Unwind at the iconic Q1 Resort, Australia's tallest residential building. There has never been a better excuse to go all out.
- Includes: Two nights' accommodation, chocolates and wine upon arrival and breakfast on one morning.
- Price: $695 per room for 2 nights
2 nights at Pethers Rainforest Retreat from RedBalloon
Switch off your mobile phone, leave the iPad at home and head for the sub-tropical hills of the Gold Coast Hinterland. This is a two-night stay with absolutely nothing to do. Isn't that wonderful?
- Includes: 2 nights' luxurious accommodation, chocolates, sparkling wine and daily breakfast basket.
- Price: $620 per room for 2 nights
Top free Valentine's Day activities in the Gold Coast
- Head down to the beach. Can't go wrong with a day out in the sun. We recommend Burleigh Heads and Broadbeach.
- Take a stroll through the national park. This one is for all you romantics who love the great outdoors. Spend the day getting in touch with nature.
- Bike ride along the coast. Grab some bikes and head to the coastal paths. Spend the day and catch the sunset (or the sunrise for all the early birds).
- Gold Coast Regional Botanical Gardens. It's the date that has withstood the test of time, so pack up a picnic and head down to the park for a day with your significant other.
Need more inspiration? You've got it.
More guides on Finder
Top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire on the Gold Coast | Where to book, what to know
Take your vacation to the next level with a campervan hire on the Gold Coast.
9 things to do on Boxing Day on the Gold Coast
Get amongst it all on 26 December with these adrenaline-fuelled or family-friendly activities available on the Gold Coast.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
Baby Bunting Boxing Day sale 2021
Boxing Day has arrived and we've got the inside scoop on all those exclusive savings up for grabs in the Baby Bunting event.
rebel Boxing Day sale 2021
Boxing Day has arrived and we've got the inside scoop on all those exclusive savings up for grabs in the Rebel Sport event.
Food delivery on the Gold Coast
Looking for food delivery on the Gold Coast? Here’s a list of services that will save you time and money.
Where to order Noodle Box delivery online
Looking for special offers on food delivery? Here’s where you can find deals on Noodle Box meals.
Ask an Expert