Plus, activities, overnight stays and cruises for the finest Valentine's Day date in town.
Valentine’s Day always seems to sneak up on us. Don't let it get the better of you this year. It lands (once again) on 14 February but we're preparing you for it with dinner options and activities that will "wow".
Here are some seriously hot tables as well as fun ways to spark the romance in your relationship if you're looking for inspiration or just left it to the last minute.
What would you like to do this Valentine's Day in Gold Coast?
Seafood platter with bottle of wine for 2 at Central Dining & Lounge Bar from RedBalloon
Dine on fresh seafood in the casual setting of Central Dining & Lounge Bar. Because you like to keep things casual on Valentine's Day.
- Includes: Seafood platter with Moreton Bay bugs, tiger prawns, salt and pepper calamari, beer battered fish, smoked salmon, NZ mussels, chips and salad plus a bottle of wine
- Price: $110 per person
Sailing dinner cruise for 2 from RedBalloon
Sit and watch the sunset (hand-in-hand) and the city lights sparkle as you devour a seafood platter and dessert, accompanied by a glass of bubbly.
- Includes: Glass of bubbly and fresh seafood platter for 2
- Departs: Mariner's Cove Marina
- Price: $258
4 course Middle Eastern lunch or dinner for 2 at Mecca Bah from RedBalloon
If you two love to try something new then Mecca Bah offers North African and Moroccan cuisine with a modern twist. Spice up that date night here.
- Includes: Four-course middle Eastern meal for two and a glass of wine
- Price: $110 per person
Romantic beach picnic from RedBalloon
Surprise your loved one with a romantic beach picnic with a secret photographer to capture your special moment. Hint: this might be the PERFECT time to pop that big question.
- Includes: Food hamper and a bottle of Piper Heidsieck champagne
- Price: $790
Sightseeing cruise with buffet lunch from RedBalloon
Sit back and relax as you take in the magnificent views and informative commentary as you cruise along Surfers Paradise and beyond all while enjoying a delicious buffet lunch. Tour is with Wyndham Cruises.
- Includes: 2 hour cruise with buffet lunch
- Price: $65 per person
Penguin Antarctic Adventure at Sea World from RedBalloon
Animal lovers can go behind the scenes for this very special encounter with Sea World's penguins.
- Includes: 45-minute penguin experience and a souvenir photo to take home with you
- Price: $125 per person
Snorkelling on Wave Break Island from RedBalloon
Spend half a day at the beach, diving into the blue and swimming amongst the sea life at Wave Break island.
- Includes: Return transfers, all snorkelling equipment and guides for the 4-hour experience
- Price: $69 per person
Scenic seaplane flight over the Gold Coast from RedBalloon
Hearts will flutter as you fly over 80 kilometres to witness the world famous beaches of Surfers Paradise from above.
- Includes: 30-minute scenic flight in a seaplane
- Price: $245 per person
Hot air ballooning over the Gold Coast with Champagne breakfast from RedBalloon
Make this a memory they'll cherish for a lifetime as you soar high above the Gold Coast and Hinterland in a romantic hot air balloon. The views are breathtaking. Plus, you'll celebrate the trip with a Champagne breakfast at the end.
Price: $299 per personView details
Sunset guided kayak adventure from RedBalloon
Paddle into the sunset - literally - beside your better half as you explore Surfers Paradise's canals. Then, cap the day off with a glass of wine - before heading off to dinner, naturally.
- Includes: 2 hour guided kayaking tour and glass of wine
- Price: $55 per person
Escape room experience for 2 at Escape Hunt Gold Coast from RedBalloon
Test your smarts and your ability to work together by cracking puzzles and solving crimes at this escape room. It's great for new couples to have fun or old ones who have been collaborating with each other for years.
- Includes: One hour Escape Hunt experience for two and refreshments after the game
- Location: Escape Hunt Escape Room, Southport, Gold Coast
- Price: $84 for two
Parasailing and stand-up paddle boarding experience for 2 from RedBalloon
How adorable is this couple's date activity? It's a tandem parasailing experience that sees you soar 100 metres over Broadbeach in the Gold Coast. Afterwards you can also skill-up at paddleboarding. You won't be able to do this tandem but you can do it side-by-side.
- Includes: One-hour tandem parasailing experience and 30-minutes stand-up paddle board hire
- Price: $160 for two
Sirromet Winery Tour and Tasting Tour including Lunch from Viator
Take a day out of the Valentine's Day weekend to explore one of the best local wineries: Sirromet. It's not just about clinking glasses with this tour which walks you through the winery, lets you taste its best drinks and finishes it off with a two-course meal on the Tuscan Terrace overlooking Mount Cotton.
- Cost: $70 per person
- Location: Tour starts at Sirromet Winery Cellar Door
Sunset or mid-day sailing cruise for 2 from RedBalloon
Choose between a sunset or mid-day cruise and relax for two hours as you sail the waters of Gold Coast. Love is definitely in the air.
Price: $158 for twoView details
60 minute in-home massage from RedBalloon
Treat your special someone with a relaxing 60-minute massage at the comfort of their home. Who can hate on that?
Price: $199View details
Overnight stay at Mercure Clear Mountain Lodge from Groupon
Relax and the peaceful surrounds that can’t be found in the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Includes: One or two nights at the Mercure Clear Mountain Lodge for two, daily breakfast, bottle of wine and spa voucher.
Price: $593 per room, per night
2-5 night stay at Kondalilla Eco Resort from Groupon
Surround yourself by nature and brag about the fact that you stayed in a treehouse with this out-of-this-world stay at Kondalilla Eco Resort.
- Includes: 2-5 nights accommodation, bottle of wine, dinner voucher and more.
- Price: $499 per room for two nights
Two nights at Q1 Resort and Spa from RedBalloon
Unwind at the iconic Q1 Resort, Australia's tallest residential building. There's never been a better excuse to go all-out.
- Includes: Two-nights accommodation, chocolates and wine upon arrival and breakfast on one morning.
- Price: $695 per room for two-nights
2-nights at Pethers Rainforest Retreat from RedBalloon
Switch off your mobile phone, leave the iPad at home and head for the sub-tropical hills of the Gold Coast Hinterland. This is a two-night stay with absolutely nothing to do. Isn't that wonderful?
- Includes: 2-nights luxurious accommodation, chocolates, sparkling wine and daily breakfast basket.
- Price: $620 per room for two nights