What's on in Adelaide for Valentine's Day? We have 33 romantic answers to that question.
With Valentine's Day on our doorsteps and a significant other on your arm to spend the day with, you'll be thinking 'what can I do in the city?' The answer is: plenty.
You don't have to go all-out either if you're not that kind of couple. From degustation dinners and 5-star luxury stays to strolls through vineyards and local parks, Adelaide's future is looking pretty loved up, if we do say so ourselves.
How to plan the perfect Valentine’s Day in Adelaide
There are a number of things you should think about doing (or not doing) on Valentine's Day. It's up to you what the two of you get up to, but as a general reminder here's the list:
- Have a romantic meal together. Lunch, dinner or both. It doesn't matter.
- Do something romantic together. In between lunch and dinner, why not spend the day out doing something romantic. Walk along the beach, anyone?
- Give each other a gift. There's never a better excuse to buy something for him or her.
- Spend the night away. It could be a vacation or it could be staycation, but there's nothing more romantic then spending a night 'away' from your usual routine.
6 romantic ideas that are actually still bookable on Valentine's Day
12 other romantic things to do in Adelaide for Valentine's Day
- Visit the McLaren Vale region: Take a drive south to the Fleurieu Peninsula for a romantic tour of Victor Harbor and its surrounding wineries.
- Speaking of wineries, have you been to the Barossa Valley yet?: If your answer is no, there's nothing more romantic that a sunset and a glass with your other half. Start your day by driving up from Adelaide and end at a number of the Barossa's finest wineries. (Feature image)
- Get thee to Kangaroo Island Another of Adelaide's finest spots, Kangaroo Island is rife with wildlife and impeccable views of the Remarkable Rocks. If you're an adventurous couple, take a stab at sand boarding, kayaking and quad biking on the island.
- Scale great heights with an abseiling adventure: set your hearts aflutter by abseiling in the Adelaide Hills region.
- Take a relaxing hike among the villages and trails of Adelaide Hills.
- Close encounters at Adelaide Zoo: Answer this honestly: when was the last time you went to the zoo? Relive the joy of a day trip and tack on a close encounter with a hippo at Adelaide Zoo. Absolutely adorable.
- Swim with the dolphins: Channel your inner "Flipper" and dive in for a swim with one of the most majestic creatures in the water. But if you'd prefer to stay OUT of the water...
- Kayak the Ship's Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail: It's a half day on the water exploring the 25 shipwrecks surrounding Garden Island.
- Visit an art galleries along the North Terrace. You can also get a feel of the rich history of the area by visiting the South Australian Museum, the Migration Museum, the Adelaide Oval and many other star attractions located in Adelaide.
- If classical is more your tune book yourself in for a Chamber Music Concert. It comes complete with four remarkable musicians. That's music to your ears, right?
- Spend four nights away on a Heritage Cruise. The Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise will take you down the longest river in Australia through historical and cultural settings and all in an outside cabin, so you can take the views with you from the privacy of your very own room.
- See the ranges. The Flinders Ranges. It's one of those quintessential sights of South Australia and a sight that must be experienced with good company - that is, your other half.
Adelaide restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
Romantic stays in Adelaide for Valentine’s Day
Valentine's Day gifts for her
Important: a gift. Even if the dinner / holiday is the most extraordinary thing imaginable, a small token of love is a MUST today.
Valentine's Day gifts for him
It's the 20th century, ladies. Assert your feminism and get him a gift, too.
Valentine's Day Deals
Free express delivery for orders over $25
Get free express delivery for orders over $25 at Surfstitch. Within Australia only.