From affordable dinners for two to all-out romantic experiences, this is what to do on Valentine's Day.
Keep the romance alive this Thursday, 14 February by wowing your someone special with these fun, unique and interesting experiences in the city, starting at just $39.
They include degustation dinners, private winery tours, a day at the zoo and scenic cruises.
What would you like to do this Valentine's Day in Adelaide?
2-course Thai dinner with wine for two at Thai Spice from Groupon
Tantalise their tastebuds with some hot and spicy Thai cuisine just moments from the waterfront.
- Includes: Two-course Thai dinner and a bottle of red or white wine
- Location: 557 Grange Road, Grange, 5022
- Cost: $39 for two
Hidden Bar Tour with Cocktails and Tapas from RedBalloon
Turn this into a fun date for four hours with this tour of the city's hidden gems. During this tour, you’ll sample six delicious cocktails and graze on a variety of tapas and boards.
- Includes: Four hour walking tour, local guides and tapas until evening
- Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
- Cost: $250
Chef’s Table Experience with Matching Penfolds Wine at Sean's Kitchen from RedBalloon
Spend three hours indulging in a four-course menu at Sean Connolly's award-winning brasserie.
- Includes: Four course custom menu with matched wines. Available Monday-Thursday for lunch or dinner
- Location: North Terrace, Adelaide
- Cost: $500 for two people
Jacob’s Creek Food and Wine Class for two from RedBalloon
Make this Valentine's Day an interactive one as you learn how to pair food and wine on a date out in the Barossa Valley.
- Includes: Food and wine master class, four course meal
- Location: Barossa Valley Way, Rowland Flat
- Cost: $240 for two
2-course modern Chinese dinner with wine for two at D Soho Kitchen and Bar from Groupon
Keep this year's Valentine's Day super casual at D Soho Kitchen and Bar with dishes like spring rolls, honey chicken, Chinese black bean beef and fried rice.
- Includes: 2-course meal plus a glass of wine per person
- Location: D Soho Kitchen And Bar, 251 Gouger St, Adelaide
- Cost: $39 for two
Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf Food and Wine Tour from RedBalloon
Dare to be a tourist for a day and hop onto this day tour of Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf. You'll stop by Mt Lofty Summit, Melba’s Chocolate Factory, Woodside Cheese, and Beerenberg’s Strawberry Farm, dine in a German pub and visit three cellar doors.
- Includes: Full day food and wine tour with lunch
- Location: Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf. Pick up from Adelaide CBD or Glenelg
- Cost: $175 per person
Wine blending and degustation experience at d’Arenberg from RedBalloon
Learn a little, drink a little and dine a lot with this exceptional day out. You'll have to make your way to McLaren Vale for it but while you're there you'll learn the art of wine blending and tuck into a mammoth 8-course degustation at the esteemed d’Arenberg Restaurant.
- Includes: Interactive wine blending experience and 8 course degustation with wine pairings
- Location: d’Arenberg Verandah Restaurant, Osborn Rd, McLaren Vale
- Cost: $270 per person
Private helicopter flight with lunch for two at the Barossa Valley from RedBalloon
Take your loved one to the skies for a 10-minute flight over the beautiful wineries of the Barossa Valley.
- Includes: Stunning private flight, delicious two course lunch with a glass of wine and wine tastings at Kies Winery
- Location: 261 Hoffnungsthal Rd, Lyndoch
- Cost: $685 for two
2-hour boat rental with BBQ on the River Torrens from RedBalloon
Sail down Adelaide's picturesque River Torrens, hand-in-hand if you must, aboard a donut-shaped boat. Fits two people perfectly.
- Includes: 2-hour boat hire, BBQ or grazing platter, esky, bluetooth speakers
- Location: Departs from Pinky Flat, Adelaide, SA
- Cost: $149 for two people
Swim with dolphins in Glenelg from RedBalloon
Make this a year to remember by taking on this once-in-a-lifetime experience to swim with dolphins in their natural environment. Then, finish it off with a romantic stroll along the beach. Yeah, we can be saps like that sometimes.
- Includes: 3.5-hour cruise and swim tour, use of wetsuit, snorkel and mask
- Time and location: Starts at 7.20am, meet at Temptation Sailing at Glenelg Beach
- Cost: $108 per person
Gold class cinema and dinner date for two from RedBalloon
Kick back and splurge on your next rom-com cinema date by booking in a pair of seats at Gold Class and have dinner served direct to your seat.
- Includes: Personal Gold Class waiter and two drinks, dinner and a sundae to share
- Location: Event or BCC Cinemas Gold Class throughout Adelaide
- Cost: $182.70 per pair
Coastal beach scenic flight for 2 from RedBalloon
Fly over Adelaide's coast on a 65-minute scenic flight for two and have that exhilarating feeling while watching over the view of beautiful beaches and reefs.
- Pick up: From Parafield Airport
- Cost: $498 for two
Scenic Cruise on the Murray River from RedBalloon
Cruise around the Murray River on a 90-minute cruise and enjoy a tea or coffee while keeping an eye out for the native wildlife such as Black Kites and Whistling Kites.
- Pick up from: Mannum, on the Murray River in SA
- Cost: $70 for two
Tour and tasting at Penfolds Magill Estate Cellar Door from RedBalloon
Treat yourself to this tour of Penfolds Magill Estate, which includes tastings of six Penfolds wines and the best cheese in town. That's sure to impress.
- Location: Penfolds Magill Estate, 78 Penfold Rd, Magill
- Cost: $150 per person
Rydges Hotels & Resorts from RedBalloon
Make this year's Valentine's Day the perfect pamper with a staycation a stone's throw from home in Adelaide Hills. Are we on holiday yet?
- Includes: Overnight city escape with views to the Adelaide Hills, 2 course dinner, breakfast and more
- Cost: $499 for a room for two
Weekend Getaway for 2 at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort from RedBalloon
Surprise your better half by hopping into the car for an overnight stay that feels miles away from home but is not too much more than an hour out of the city at the Novotel Barossa Valley.
- Includes: Overnight stay in a studio room with buffet breakfast at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
- Cost: $309 per room
Luxury vineyard escape with helicopter flight and dinner for two from RedBalloon
Love going all out on a date? Perhaps you're about to pop the question. This is the perfect way to do it. It includes a night at Serafino Winery, artisan picnic, private wine tour and tastings, two course dinner and accommodation in a spa suite. Oh, and did we mention the helicopter ride?
- Location: Kangarilla Rd, McLaren Vale
- Cost: $1,500
Overnight stay at the historic Mount Lofty House for 2 from RedBalloon
Surround yourself in the old world charm of Mount Lofty Housed. Tucked away in Adelaide Hills this (almost) 200 year old building it luxury unparalleled.
- Includes: Overnight accommodation in a garden view room, grand country breakfast, glass of sparkling on arrival and spa credits
- Cost: $512 for two