20+ things to do on Valentine’s Day in Adelaide in 2020
From affordable dinners for two to all-out romantic experiences, this is what to do on Valentine's Day.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Keep the romance alive this Valentine's Day by wowing your someone special with these fun, unique and interesting experiences in the city, starting at just $39.
They include degustation dinners, private winery tours and scenic cruises.
Playford Hotel Restaurant: 2-course dinner with wine from RedBalloon
You don't have to go far for a romantic Valentine's Day. Enjoy a beautiful selection of food on the most romantic day of the year.
- Includes: Food and wine dinner, two course meal
- Location: Playford Hotel Restaurant, Adelaide
- Cost: $170 for two
Jacob’s Creek: Food and Wine Class for two from RedBalloon
Make this Valentine's Day an interactive one as you learn how to pair food and wine on a date out in the Barossa Valley.
- Includes: Food and wine master class, four course meal
- Location: Barossa Valley Way, Rowland Flat
- Cost: $240 for two
High Tea with champagne for two from RedBalloon
Want something a little more relaxed? Look no further than a 2-hour High Tea where your loved one can indulge in a range of nibbles.
- Includes: Traditional high tea experience
- Location: InterContinental Adelaide CBD
- Cost: $98 for two
Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf: Food and Wine Tour from RedBalloon
Dare to be a tourist for a day and hop onto this day tour of Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf. You'll stop by Mt Lofty Summit, Melba’s Chocolate Factory, Woodside Cheese, and Beerenberg’s Strawberry Farm, dine in a German pub and visit three cellar doors.
- Includes: Full day food and wine tour with lunch
- Location: Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf. Pick up from Adelaide CBD or Glenelg
- Cost: $175 per person
d’Arenberg: Wine blending and degustation experience from RedBalloon
Learn a little, drink a little and dine a lot with this exceptional day out. You'll have to make your way to McLaren Vale for it but while you're there you'll learn the art of wine blending and tuck into a mammoth 8-course degustation at the esteemed d’Arenberg Restaurant.
- Includes: Interactive wine blending experience and 8 course degustation with wine pairings
- Location: d’Arenberg Verandah Restaurant, Osborn Rd, McLaren Vale
- Cost: $270 per person
Barossa Valley: Private helicopter flight with lunch for two from RedBalloon
Take your loved one to the skies for a 10-minute flight over the beautiful wineries of the Barossa Valley.
- Includes: Stunning private flight, delicious two course lunch with a glass of wine and wine tastings at Kies Winery
- Location: 261 Hoffnungsthal Rd, Lyndoch
- Cost: $685 for two
Relaxation and pamper with Eassa Day Spa from Groupon
Feeling tired? Get a relaxing 60- or 90- minute pamper packages and well-deserved treatments.
- Includes: Facial, relaxation massage and more
- Location: 34 Hindley Street, Adelaide, 5000
- Cost: $39
Watch movies in Moonlight Cinema from Groupon
Enjoy a romantic night by watching a movie outdoor.
- Includes: New releases, advance screenings and more.
- Location: Botanic Park, Adelaide
- Cost: $12.50
2-hour boat rental with BBQ on the River Torrens from RedBalloon
Sail down Adelaide's picturesque River Torrens, hand-in-hand if you must, aboard a donut-shaped boat. Fits two people perfectly.
- Includes: 2-hour boat hire, BBQ or grazing platter, esky, bluetooth speakers
- Location: Departs from Pinky Flat, Adelaide, SA
- Cost: $149 for two people
Swim with dolphins in Glenelg from RedBalloon
Make this a year to remember by taking on this once-in-a-lifetime experience to swim with dolphins in their natural environment. Then, finish it off with a romantic stroll along the beach. Yeah, we can be saps like that sometimes.
- Includes: 3.5-hour cruise and swim tour, use of wetsuit, snorkel and mask
- Time and location: Starts at 7.20am, meet at Temptation Sailing at Glenelg Beach
- Cost: $108 per person
Gold class cinema and dinner date for two from RedBalloon
Kick back and splurge on your next rom-com cinema date by booking in a pair of seats at Gold Class and have dinner served direct to your seat.
- Includes: Personal Gold Class waiter and two drinks, dinner and a sundae to share
- Location: Event or BCC Cinemas Gold Class throughout Adelaide
- Cost: $182.70 per pair
Penfolds Magill Estate Cellar Door: Tour and tasting from RedBalloon
Treat yourself to this tour of Penfolds Magill Estate, which includes tastings of six Penfolds wines and the best cheese in town. That's sure to impress.
- Location: Penfolds Magill Estate, 78 Penfold Rd, Magill
- Cost: $150 per person
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort: Weekend Getaway for two from RedBalloon
Surprise your better half by hopping into the car for an overnight stay that feels miles away from home but is not too much more than an hour out of the city at the Novotel Barossa Valley.
- Includes: Overnight stay in a studio room with buffet breakfast at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
- Cost: $309 per room
Luxury vineyard escape: with helicopter flight and dinner for two from RedBalloon
Love going all out on a date? Perhaps you're about to pop the question. This is the perfect way to do it. It includes a night at Serafino Winery, artisan picnic, private wine tour and tastings, two course dinner and accommodation in a spa suite. Oh, and did we mention the helicopter ride?
- Location: Kangarilla Rd, McLaren Vale
- Cost: $1,500
Mount Lofty House: Overnight stay for two from RedBalloon
Surround yourself in the old world charm of Mount Lofty Housed. Tucked away in Adelaide Hills this (almost) 200 year old building it luxury unparalleled.
- Includes: Overnight accommodation in a garden view room, grand country breakfast, glass of sparkling on arrival and spa credits
- Cost: $512 for two
Free and low-key things to do on Valentine's Day in Adelaide
- Take a hike among the villages and trails in the Adelaide Hills.
- Visit an art galleries along North Terrace. You can also get a feel of the rich history of the area by visiting the South Australian Museum, the Migration Museum, the Adelaide Oval and many other star attractions located in Adelaide.
- Pack a picnic and head to the beach to watch the sunset.
- Go on a self-guided wine tour through the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale or Adelaide Hills
- Stroll through the Adelaide Botanic Gardens
- Hop on a bike and be a tourist in the CBD, Adelaide City Council offers free bike hire during the daytime from more than 10 locations
More guides on Finder
10 things to do in Rotorua in 2020
With so many activities and experiences on offer to keep you busy while visiting Rotorua, we've narrowed down our top 10.
Things to do in Christchurch in 2020
Start planning your Christchurch itinerary with this list of landmarks and attractions you should visit when you’re in the South Island’s largest city.
11 remote Airbnbs you can work from in 2020
From tiny houses to luxurious beachfront properties and rainforest cottages, see our top choices for remote Airbnbs to work from in Australia.
What’s open in Adelaide right now?
Find out which shopping centres, public spaces and takeaway eateries are open in Adelaide during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Top 6 eco-friendly hotels in Singapore 2020
Take your pick of these eco-friendly hotels in Singapore that promote sustainability.
Best Ottawa hotels to book in 2020
Top recommendations for the best budget, boutique and downtown hotels in Ottawa.
Why do we give gifts on Valentine’s Day?
Is Valentine's Day a celebration of love or just a way to get us to buy more? Dr Paul Harrison takes a look at the psychological factors at play.
Sexy gifts to get your partner this Valentine’s Day 2020
If you're aiming to please this Valentine's Day, look no further than these sensual and seductive gift ideas.
The sexiest lingerie and underwear for Valentine’s Day 2020
Surprise your sweetheart this Valentine's Day with one of these seductive underwear sets.
Boxing Day sightseeing and activities deals for 2020
Score up to 75% off experiences worldwide, including skydiving, scenic cruises, sightseeing passes and more this Boxnig Day 2020.
Ask an Expert