What's on in Adelaide for Valentine's Day? We have 35 romantic answers to that question.
With Valentine's Day on our doorsteps it's time to start thinking about how to spend the day. If you live in Adelaide there are loads of fun, unique and interesting ways to celebrate with your partner.
Go all out or you can keep it simple - whatever you prefer, it's all possible. From degustation dinners and 5-star luxury stays to strolls through vineyards and local parks, Adelaide has so much to offer loved-up couples this Valentine's Day.
8 romantic ideas that are actually still bookable on Valentine's Day
12 other romantic things to do in Adelaide for Valentine's Day
- Visit the McLaren Vale region: Take a drive south to the Fleurieu Peninsula for a romantic tour of Victor Harbor and its surrounding wineries.
- Speaking of wineries, have you been to the Barossa Valley yet?: If your answer is no, there's nothing more romantic that a sunset and a glass with your other half. Start your day by driving up from Adelaide and end at a number of the Barossa's finest wineries. (Feature image)
- Get thee to Kangaroo Island Another of Adelaide's finest spots, Kangaroo Island is rife with wildlife and impeccable views of the Remarkable Rocks. If you're an adventurous couple, take a stab at sand boarding, kayaking and quad biking on the island.
- Scale great heights with an abseiling adventure: set your hearts aflutter by abseiling in the Adelaide Hills region.
- Take a relaxing hike among the villages and trails of Adelaide Hills.
- Close encounters at Adelaide Zoo: Answer this honestly: when was the last time you went to the zoo? Relive the joy of a day trip and tack on a close encounter with a hippo at Adelaide Zoo. Absolutely adorable.
- Swim with the dolphins: Channel your inner "Flipper" and dive in for a swim with one of the most majestic creatures in the water. But if you'd prefer to stay OUT of the water...
- Kayak the Ship's Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail: It's a half day on the water exploring the 25 shipwrecks surrounding Garden Island.
- Visit an art galleries along the North Terrace. You can also get a feel of the rich history of the area by visiting the South Australian Museum, the Migration Museum, the Adelaide Oval and many other star attractions located in Adelaide.
- If classical is more your tune book yourself in for a Chamber Music Concert. It comes complete with four remarkable musicians. That's music to your ears, right?
- Spend four nights away on a Heritage Cruise. The Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise will take you down the longest river in Australia through historical and cultural settings and all in an outside cabin, so you can take the views with you from the privacy of your very own room.
- See the ranges. The Flinders Ranges. It's one of those quintessential sights of South Australia and a sight that must be experienced with good company - that is, your other half.
Adelaide restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
Romantic stays in Adelaide for Valentine’s Day
Valentine's Day Deals
Up to 65% off Valentine's Day gifts
Get up to 65% off Valentine's Day gifts at SammyDress.com.
Valentine Package, Starting from IDR 2,380,000nett/ room for 2 nights - Swiss-Belinn Legian, Bali
Enjoy Valentine Package, Starting from IDR 2,380,000nett/ room for 2 nights - Swiss-Belinn Legian, Bali. Offer valid for stays 11 – 16 February 2017,Min. Stay 2 nights.
Up to 57% off fragrances: Aromatic Valentine's Day
Get up to 57% off fragrances with Cosme-De.com's Aromatic Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Special Service
Send a secret message card to your loved ones with any purchase. Order now and receive it before Valentine's Day.
FREE Valentine's gift box
Get a free Valentine's gift box when you spend US$159 or more at Cosme-De.com. Limited quantities available (1000 boxes). While stocks last.
Free express delivery for orders over $25
Get free express delivery for orders over $25 at Surfstitch. Within Australia only.