Want to watch content exclusive to the US? Try using the Unblock-US service.
Each computer or Internet-enabled device has an address assigned to it, which means that if you have an Aussie address assigned to your device and you may be blocked if you want to stream something that is exclusive to the US. Unblock-US will assign your computer with an address that can access content in the US without having to move your actual device. You can setup Unblock-US on each device, or you can change your wireless router’s settings so you can run Unblock-US on all devices connected to the network.
Whether you’re looking to access TV shows, movies, music or the play the latest games, Unblock US will make sure you’re not limited by your region and help you stay connected to the rest of the world. For Netflix alone, Unblock-US gives you access to over 25 countries.
Is using a VPN to access geographically restricted content legal?
There are many legitimate uses for a VPN. However, the legality of using one to access geographically restricted content is a bit of a grey area. While you're not likely to attract the attention of the Australian Government, you do run the risk of having your VPN or streaming subscription canceled. There is also the chance that a copyright holder may want to pursue legal action if you're found to be accessing that content in an unlicensed region. Keep in mind that the very nature of a VPN masks your IP and prevents your online activity, so it's not for us to say if and how the copyright holders would be able to identify you if you do choose to access their content without the proper licensing. Here at finder.com.au, we do not encourage internet browsing activity outside the law, we only aim to compare the services available to Australians.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Unblock US promo codes and discount vouchers May 2017
Free one week trial
Get a free one week trial at Unblock US
Unblock US pricing and plans
|$4.99 per month||$49.90 per month (save $10)|
How to setup Unblock-US
It’s simple to run Unblock-US on your desktop or mobile device. The installation process is different depending on your operating system and your device. We’ve shown how to setup Unblock US on a Mac; however, you can find detailed setup instructions on the Unblock US website.
- Open ‘System Preferences’ and select the ‘Network’ icon.
- In ‘Network’, click on the button that says ‘Advanced’.
- Click on the top tab that says ‘DNS’.
Input the following into the DNS field.
Be sure to check the Unblock US website for information specific to your device.
What channels can I access with Unblock US?
- National Rugby League
- Major League Soccer
- Rugby - RBS Six Nations
- ICC Cricket World Cup
- English Premier League
- Hulu and Hulu Plus
- Amazon Instant Video
- Now TV
- Epix HD
- Warner Instant Archive
- Blockbuster Now
- Soompi TV (KDrama)
- BBC iPlayer
- ITV Player
- TV Player
- Channel 4 - 4oD
- Channel 5
- MSN UK
- Sky Go
- MSN UK
- Sling TV
- ABC Family
- ABC News
- CBS All Access
- Big Brother USA
- Food Network
- USA Network
- Showtime Anytime
- Disney Movies Anywhere
- The Disney Channel
- Disney Junior
- Sesame Go
Unblock-US pros and cons
- Watch the movies, TV shows and sporting events you want to without restriction.
- Unblock US Channels gives you a selection of some of the best streaming sites on the internet.
- Unblock US has great customer service team on hand to assist you with any account or troubleshooting enquiries.
- Keep your full internet speed, Unblock US technology is faster than most VPNs.
- Their support team is available 24/7 to help.
- Works on your smart TV.
- Play music exclusive from the US.
- It costs money.
- Although there are simple step by step instructions provided on how to setup Unblock US, less technical users may have trouble setting up the service on different devices.
What are the benefits of using Unblock US?
The Unblock US service can benefit you in the following ways.
- Works on most devices - Unblock US is compatible with most desktop and tablet devices. Unblock US also works with smart TVs too.
- Netflix region picker - No more missing out on exclusive geo-locked content. Pick the region you want to watch Netflix from by using the Netflix region picker.
- No obligation free trial - When you subscribe to Unblock US you get the first week as a no obligation free trial to use the service. If you choose not to cancel, the subscription will begin. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
Frequently asked questions
Have a look at these FAQs if you have a question about Unblock US. You can ask us a question by using the comments form below the FAQs.
Is my data secure with Unblock US?
Only a small amount of data from your device is actually passed through the Unblock US servers. None of your data is logged, or passed through.
How do I set it up?
Head into the official Unblock US website and download the program. The website will automatically detect which device you're currently using and will provide you with the right download link.
What devices can I use Unblock US with?
Unblock US works with the following types of devices.
- Desktop: MacOSX, Windows: 7, 8, Vista & XP.
- Gaming: Sony PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Wii U.
- Smart TV: Sony, Panasonic (Viera), Samsung, LG, Apple TV, Roku, Google TV, Boxee Box, WD TV Live Devices.
- Readers: iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android & Kindle.
What is the Netflix region picker?
Bypass Geo-locked content by signing in to the Unblock US website and choosing the Netflix region you want.
What is Unblock US channels?
Unblock US Channels is a list of the world’s top streaming sites and services. Unblock US channels also gives you a calendar of events, like major sporting competitions, and the places to watch.
How do I set up Unblock US on my wireless modem?
Have a look at the Unblock US website for detailed instructions on setting up Unblock US on your wireless router. You need to change your DNS settings to use Unblock US. Be sure to make a note of your original DNS settings in case you need to revert to the original settings.