10 of the best Sydney hotels for families
The most child-friendly hotels and apartments in the city.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Family trips are what childhood memories are made of, and Sydney has endless ways to create new ones, either during school holidays or for a weekend away.
On top of fun things to do, choosing the best accommodation for you and your brood is key to a memorable holiday. You’ll be looking for somewhere that can comfortably fit the whole family and offer perks like play areas, childminding services, a portable cot if needed and child-friendly menus.
Need help? We have a few suggestions, to make your decision easier.
How did we pick these hotels?Our editorial team selected the Sydney hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
With dedicated rooms designed for kids from 2–12 years, Swissotel knows how to pamper little ones and keep them entertained. Offered as an adjoining room to standard rooms, the kid-friendly suites feature toys, DVDs, video games and colourful bed linen.
- Dedicated rooms for children aged 2–12 with 2 extra-long double beds
- Children under 12 stay free when using existing beds in parents' room
- One child under 2 stays free when using a cot
This luxury hotel knows how to keep a family happy.It provides mini bathrobes, children's menus, and has a babysitting service. The Four Seasons' family plan also one child under 18 to stay for free when occupying the same room as their parents.
- One child under 18 stays free when using existing beds in parents' room (space permitting)
- One child under 2 stays free when using a cot
- Family suites and connecting rooms available
- Extras for families include welcome pack, change mat and cot
Darling Harbour is the perfect location when holidaying with children. The Novotel has a range of features for a fun stay, including family rooms, kids' play areas, children's menus, and family passes to local attractions. All of which will take the press
- Family packages that can include entry to local attractions, buffet breakfast and pizza dinner
- Dedicated children's play areas, including library and video games
- Special welcome and personalised gift for every child guest as part of the Family & Novotel package
- Up to 2 children under 16 stay free when using existing beds in parents' room
On the doorstep of Sydney's Central Station, the Mercure offers easy access to the city and all its attractions. Within its slick exterior are family rooms featuring two double beds, complimentary cots, a bathtub and interconnecting rooms on request.
- Dedicated family rooms available
- Movies on demand
- Children stay and eat breakfast free (maximum 2 kids underf 15) when using existing beds in parents' room
If you want the convenience of staying close to the airport, Rydges is actually within the international airport complex, but only 30 minutes from the city. The hotel offers complimentary transfers to and from the domestic terminal. Kids will have fun pla
- Family rooms available
- Children under 1 year stay free when using existing bedding
- Family saver package includes a kids' activity pack and free meals for under-12s
Holiday Inns provide comfortable accommodation for money-savvy families. The Darling Harbour outfit is particularly well placed as it's within walking distance of some of Sydney's best-loved family attractions, including Wild Life Sydney Zoo
- Kids under 18 stay free when using existing bedding in parents' room
- Up to 4 children under 12 can eat free at the on-site restaurant with a paying adult guest
- Complimentary cots available
The Radisson Hotel chain prides itself on offering budget accommodation that caters to both large and small parties. While it doesn't have a dedicated family room, its two-bedroom option provides ample room for up to six guests (including two rollaways).
- Family Fun packages are sometimes available, offering entry to local attractions, buffet breakfast and activity packs
Kids under 12 stay free when using existing bedding in parents' room
One child under 2 stays free in a cot
Affordable family accommodation is the name of the game at this 4-star hotel. Overlooking Hyde Park, Australia's oldest public green space, Hyde Park Inn offers a variety of rooms to suit different budgets, including standard and deluxe family rooms.
- Family rooms accommodate up to 5 guests
- Kids under 1 year stay free when using existing beds in parents' room
- One child under 1 year stays free when using a cot
- Complimentary continental breakfast
This contemporary hotel is a favourite amongst families as it hasf apartment-style rooms that can sleep up to six. Family-friendly extras include a BBQ area, swimming pool and DVD and book library.
- Rooms available to sleep up to 6 guests
- Babysitting service
- Kitchenette in every room
This plush hotel has a choice of apartments available for families. There is a babysitting service, so parents can enjoy their own time on the rooftop soaking up the sun and taking in the panoramic view. Or take the children up with you and have some fun.
- 2-bedroom apartments sleep up to 5
- 3-bedroom penthouse sleeps up to 6
- Fully equipped kitchen in each apartment
- Laundry service available
Compare services and extras across the best Sydney hotels for families
|Hotel||Family room/2-bedroom apartment||Interconnecting rooms||Cot available||Childminding service||Children’s meals/discounts||Kids stay free offer|
|Swissotel||Dedicated kids’ room||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Four Seasons Hotel||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Novotel Darling Harbour||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rydges Sydney Airport||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Holiday Inn Darling Harbour||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Hyde Park Inn||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|The Macleay Hotel||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Mantra 2 Bond Street||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Search for more Sydney hotels
More guides on Finder
$200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals
Get back to travelling overseas with Flight Centre's Stay and Save offer.
Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do
Make room Vivid Sydney, there's a new winter festival in town.
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
Best Melbourne hotels with parking
These are the hotels in Melbourne CBD that have on-site parking.
Top Melbourne hotels with spa bath in room
Discover the Melbourne hotels that come fully equipped with your own private spa bath.
Click Frenzy™ travel: The 10 best deals
This year the deals are coming back in a big way with offers including domestic and international travel.
Melbourne hotels with pools you’ll never want to leave
We've picked out the best Melbourne hotels with pools for value, luxury, views and location.
Best Sydney hotels with balconies
These are the hotels that come with balconies in Sydney.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Ask an Expert