Scoot launches new Laos route with fares from $189
Your new Asian obsession is now even cheaper to get to.
Scoot's brand new service to Laos has finally started this month and to celebrate, the airline is offering fares from Australian cities from just $189 each way.
You can choose between the French-colonial capital Vientiane or sleepy UNESCO protected Luang Prabang with three-times weekly flights direct from Singapore.
No surprises here. The cheapest fares are from Perth for $189 one-way but you can also fly from Gold Coast from $199 and from Sydney and Melbourne from $209 one-way to either Luang Prabang or Vientiane.
The new route started on 1 April and flights between Singapore and Laos are three times weekly on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Flight TR350 departs at 9am from Singapore on a circular route starting in Luang Prabang, followed by Vientiane, before finishing back in Singapore at 6pm.
The best part? Travel is for select dates from now to 28 March 2020 so you've got a full year's worth of dates to work with.
This sale kicks off at 1pm EST on 8 April and ends at 2.59am on 13 April.
Grab your seat quick through Skyscanner to uncover the very best price.
How good are these Scoot fares?
- Price: Great. When Scoot launched the new route earlier in the year, sale prices were on par but for much more restrictive dates. For comparison, fellow budget airline AirAsia has flights available from $522 return between Perth and Vientiane, $144 more than what's on offer here.
- Airline: Good. Scoot is a low-cost airline so you're paying for a seat-only fare. You can add on checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment when you book.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include a stopover in Singapore, sometimes overnight. Singapore Changi Airport is, fortunately, the best airport in the world according to Skytrax so you couldn't pick a better spot for a layover.
- Weather: Great. You have a whole year of travel dates to pick from. We suggest aiming for dates between October and April to avoid the muggy rainy season.
- 5 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood filming locations you can visit IRL
- Australians prefer local travel over road-tripping interstate
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Philippines, Europe and the Pacific Islands
- Trip.com launches Mega Sale with up to 15% off flights, 8% off hotels and more
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Ireland, Singapore and South Korea