The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is one of the most impressive smartphones Samsung has made, cementing the brand at the top of the Android ecosystem.
- Strong premium design
- Standout performance
- Apps and Tasks Edge make sense
- Fast and responsive camera
- Always on Display is quirky but cool
- Astonishing battery life
- Edge is cute but not vital
- The dual SIM/storage dilemma
- Needs more water cooling
- Sealed battery
- Game Launcher doesn’t work quite as well
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is an impressive piece of tech, but do you get a premium device for your money?
Where the Samsung Galaxy S7 is intended to be the mainstream but premium device in Samsung’s Galaxy S range, the S7 Edge tweaks it just that little bit further with a larger display, curved edges and an increase in battery capacity. For those improvements Samsung commands an absolute premium outright price, although it’s also perfectly feasible to pick the Galaxy S7 Edge up on contract as well.
- The curved design is comfortable and better offers more functionality than previous Edge handsets.
- Edge-specific applications still don't live up to their potential.
- Despite a lower megapixel count than its predecessor, the Galaxy S7 Edge delivers superior camera performance, especially in low-light scenes.
- Powerful enough to handle pretty much anything you can throw at it.
- Gaming performance is particularly impressive.
- Packs plenty of stamina to get you through the day.
- Significantly outlasts other premium handsets like the iPhone 6S Plus and Google Nexus 6P.
- Smart refinements make the Galaxy S7 Edge a worthy successor to the S6 Edge/Edge Plus.
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Gotta love those curves
Between its sleek curved design, its powerhouse processor and its incredible battery life, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has a whole lot to offer.
- You can find the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge at online retailers like Catch and Kogan for around $500 to $600.
|Display size (inches)||5.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2560 x 1440|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||534|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,600|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.7|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.7|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 9|
Latest Samsung phone news
Samsung isn't waiting for its Galaxy Unpacked launch to start announcing new tablets. Read more…
Samsung's biggest and best handset for the first half of 2019 will clearly be the Samsung Galaxy S10+. Here's what we know about its latest flagship. Read more…
Samsung's lower-cost Galaxy S10e looks to provide most of the premium features you'd expect of a Galaxy S phone, but naturally enough at a budget price. Read more…