Samsung Galaxy S7 review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
- Refined design
- Excellent performance
- Exceptional battery life
- Great camera options
- Handy lock screen clock
- Game Launcher (mostly) works well
- Refinement, not reinvention
- No removable battery
- Dual SIM or expansion, but not both
- The S7 is hot
- You can’t use every photographic mode at once
- It’s a fingerprint smudge magnet
|Launch price (RRP)||$1,149|
Samsung was busy as it brought the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to market. They were announced at Mobile World Congress 2016, prior to general pre-orders and availability from 11 March 2016.
Given the market tussles between Apple and Samsung, who between them command the lion’s share of mobile sales both internationally and in Australia, the Galaxy S7 has a lot to live up to.
If you're more interested in the curved screens of the Edge model, you can read our full Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge review.
- The return of expandable storage is much appreciated.
- Doesn't differentiate itself drastically from the Galaxy S6.
- Improves on the Galaxy S6's camera with extra features and a larger sensor.
- Some features are incompatible with each other, preventing combinations like HDR and Full HD capture.
- Maintains Samsung's penchant for top-of-the-line performance.
- Fast and responsive, both in benchmarks and real-world testing.
- A massive improvement over the Galaxy S6.
- Outlasts nearly all competing handsets, including the iPhone 6S Plus.
- Improves on the Galaxy S6 in almost every regard.
- Reinforces Samsung's position at the top of the Android market.
Pricing and availability
- Price: ~$300
- Where to buy: eBay
Power, storage and battery
Latest Samsung phone news
Find out where you can buy the Samsung Galaxy S23 phone range in Australia right now.Read more…
The Galaxy S23 Ultra looks an awful lot like the S22 Ultra, but Samsung has made some big changes in camera quality and performance.Read more…
For a limited time, Amazon is selling the critically acclaimed Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for 25% off the RRP.Read more…
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked