Money Hack: Save up to 49% on beer when the temperature goes up
It's time to pray to the rain gods to go away this weekend.
The Australia Day long weekend is here! That's three blissful days off where you can chillax at home, work on your tan at the beach or sneak in a cheeky getaway.
Those settled on spending it in Sydney with a cold one in hand can make the most of Sydney Beer Co.'s Summer Price Index.
The way it works is that when the temperature outside goes up, the price of beer goes down. Depending on the swelter, prices can fall by up to 49%. Yup, that's almost half price.
Here are a few rules and instructions. You have to sign up to score the discounts and watch the temperature. It has to hit 30°C or higher for the discounts to be activated. So when the sun's turning you into a giant sweat ball, check out the site, see what the discount is and if it's a good deal, lock it in.
You'll have two hours to claim your cheap beer (you'll be given a choice of times, so there's no need to drop everything and run), and it is only available at the following venues in Sydney:
- Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel
- Imperial Hotel Erskineville
- Daniel San, Manly
- Park House
There's a limit of one drink per person, per day and it's for Sydney Beer Co. lagers only.
If that sounds alright to you, you have until 28 February 2019 to make the most of this deal.
PS – We just checked the forecast for the Australia Day weekend and Saturday and Sunday are looking exceptionally promising to snatch up your cheap drink.
Finder encourages you to drink responsibly. This weekend, double demerits also apply – so if you're going out for a few, make sure there's a designated driver in place or catch an Uber instead. If you're new to Uber, you can even score $20 off your ride.
- Nowhere near these venues or prefer to buy the beers you want when you want? Scope out deals and discounts online and pick the drinks you like, delivered direct to your door.
Finder Money Hacks is a weekly round-up of the latest tips and tricks to help you improve your finances. Check back every Saturday for new hacks.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?