Last-minute flights to Noumea are going for as little as $529 return
Plus, learn how you can win the cost of your holiday back by booking with Trip.com.
Travellers, it's a very good day indeed. Not only have flights to the island paradise of Noumea dropped to a tempting $523 return, but if you book your trip before 28 February, you could literally get it for free.
Errr – wut?
It's all thanks to Trip.com's Win Your Holiday Back competition. Basically, you book your trip with the platform and if you win, you'll get the cost of your holiday back. You don't even have to book a flight to Noumea to enter the competition – any trip through Trip.com will do to a maximum value of $10,000. There's also a big catch: if you win, you'll get the cost of your holiday back in vouchers. On the upside, this means you can book another holiday for free.
But, back to that sale.
It's on flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane flying Aircalin.
Flights start from $529 return on Sydney and Brisbane departures and from $579 return on Melbourne departures.
Eligible flights are from 19 February - 31 March or 1 May - 31 May 2019 for anyone seeking a cheeky last-minute getaway.
There are also sale flights available from $579 out of Sydney or Brisbane or from $609 out of Melbourne for 1 April - 30 April and 1 June - 31 October for anyone needing a little more time to plan and put in their annual leave.
You can get booking now or start exploring your deal options (and praying you'll win the prize) at Trip.com.
This sale ends 10 February unless seats sell out earlier.
How good are these Aircalin fares?
- Price: Great. Sale flights to Noumea rarely fall below $600, and when they do, it's usually on the upper half of the scale so $529 is one of the rarer finds. It's also almost $200 less than what the typical traveller pays for these flights, which is $707 return from Sydney.
- Airline: Great. Aircalin is a full-service airline and regarded as one of the best in the Australia/Pacific region.
- Travel time: Great. All flights are direct, which gets you to the beach that much faster.
- Weather: Good. There's really no poor time to visit Noumea. However, if we had to choose a handful of months, June-November offers cooler temperatures and less chance of rainfall.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?