Browse the web privately and safely no matter where you are in the world with IronSocket.
IronSocket’s history began in 2005 with the creation of hidemynet.com. With a mission to protect the online privacy of its customers, IronSocket now offers VPN and DNS servers to allows its customers to enjoy secure and anonymous web browsing. It also gives customers the opportunity to unblock censorship filters and to enjoy enhanced online privacy.
IronSocket promo codes and discount vouchers November 2018
If you want to remain anonymous and keep your details secure when surfing the net, IronSocket can help. It offers Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Domain Name System (DNS) technology to provide a safer online experience for users.
What are IronSocket's pricing and plans?
IronSocket offers three pricing plans to customers, each of which offers encrypted private VPN services, allows you to unblock geo-restricted content, no activity logs, and global public wi-fi or hotspot protection. The available plans are:
|1 month||6 months||12 months|
What operating systems can you use IronSocket on?
IronSocket’s VPN services are compatible with:
- Personal computers. Supported operating systems include Mac OSX, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Gaming consoles. These include the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U and PS Vita.
- Internet TV. You can use IronSocket on your Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Boxee, Google TV, LG Smart TV / Blu-ray player and Sony Internet TV / Blu-ray player.
- Smartphones and tablets. Supported devices include iPhones, iPads, iPods and Android systems.
- Routers. You can also setup a VPN via your router to protect every device in your house.
How to set up IronSocket on my device?
IronSocket is easy to set up on your chosen web-browsing device, but the setup process differs depending on which device and operating system you use. There are also multiple connection options available to choose from. For example, to set IronSocket up on a PC running Windows 8, you can choose to connect with OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, DNS Proxy or HTTP Proxy. Detailed instructions for all compatible devices can be found on the IronSocket website.
IronSocket pros and cons
- Unblock geo-restricted content. Access online content you would otherwise not be able to view in Australia.
- Protect your privacy. Keep your browsing habits a secret and ensure you don’t become a victim of identity theft by using IronSocket.
- Protect yourself at wi-fi hotspots. Wi-fi hotspots are notoriously dangerous when it comes to protecting your personal details, but IronSocket’s VPN services mean you won’t have to worry about this problem.
- No free trial. Unlike some other services, IronSocket does not offer a ‘try before you buy’ option.
- No live chat. There is no live chat option for technical support.
What are the benefits of using IronSocket?
There are many benefits to using IronSocket’s VPN services, the most notable of which is the fact that you can browse the web privately and securely. While governments try to limit what you can access and aggressive marketing companies collect your personal details, IronSocket ensures that you don’t have to worry about these online risks.
Regardless of whether you’re logging on from your home computer or utilising free public Wi-Fi, IronSocket offers the crucial protection of encryption. With the ability to unblock geo-restricted content, you can view content on overseas websites that you may otherwise not be able to access. For example, you can obtain global access to Netflix, Hulu and other online TV streaming services.
No activity logs are kept by IronSocket to protect your privacy, while a 24/7 technical support and a seven-day money-back guarantee provide further peace of mind.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
What is a VPN and how does it work?
A VPN is a Virtual Private Network and is designed to protect your security and privacy when you’re online. Whether you’re logging on from home or using free public wi-fi, a VPN allows you to send and receive online data securely. It offers a secure virtual network of computers that are linked together to share data. Just like you might set up a network in your own home by connecting two computers to each other via a router, a VPN allows you to connect computers via the internet. But rather than requiring you to submit unprotected information across the internet, VPNs encrypt communication between computers on the network so that it cannot be intercepted by anyone else.
VPNs are perfect for web browsers who want to protect their privacy or for companies who want to ensure security when employees log onto their network from remote locations.