There are just a few questions you need answers to in order to pick the perfect jewellery gift. And we're going to show you how to get those answers.
Jewellery is a such a personal thing that it's actually really hard to choose something that someone else will love – no matter how well you know them. Whether you're picking a Valentine's gift for your partner, a birthday present for your daughter or a Mother's Day gift for your mum, here are the steps to choosing the perfect piece. Firstly, you need to work out what kind of jewellery this person likes. If you don't already have a picture in your head of the kinds of things this person normally wears, that's fine. You can:
- Look at what they're wearing next time you see them
- Have a look at the most recently worn items on their dresser or in their jewellery box
- Take a look at this person's recent pictures on Instagram or Facebook for clues. Don't look at anything older than a year – trends change.
- See if they have a Pinterest account. They might have some ideas or styles on there that you can use for inspiration
- Look through the brands they follow on Instagram. This could provide clues as to specific brands they like.
Now that you have a picture of what kind of jewellery they like, answer these four questions:
Top jewellery brands
Now that you have a better picture of the types of jewellery you should choose, scroll down to see our top picks for all different kinds of jewellery.
We've chosen a bunch of brands that will be perfect for whatever type of jewellery your special someone favours. Keep reading to see the key brands you should shop.
Best for Costume Jewellery: Holly Ryan
Best for Fine Jewellery: Tiffany & Co.
Best for Delicate Jewellery: By Charlotte
Best for Chunky Jewellery: Samantha Wills
Best for Gemstone Jewellery: Swarovski
Best for Plain Jewellery: Calvin Klein
Best for Silver Jewellery: Pandora
Best for Gold Jewellery: Reliquia
- Take a look at Celine Dion’s gender neutral kids clothing range
- Outfit ideas for this Christmas holiday season 2018
- The Etsy Made Local Markets are returning to Australia in November
- Best sales of the week: ASOS, Surfstitch and THE ICONIC
- Where to buy the adidas Originals by Alexander Wang Collection