Extra 5% off repeat travellers
7 tours for single travellers you should check out
Get the best of both worlds with a solo-traveller friendly tour that'll craft the perfect itinerary for your next adventure.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can get the best of both worlds by joining a solo traveller-friendly tour group; the freedom to spread your wings and enjoy the company of like-minded travellers to share the experience with.
Meet new friends, have easy access to tips and advice from travel pros, and forget the worry about where to stay and how to book. The tour companies listed below all offer fantastic all-in-one tour options for solo adventurers – because there's nothing wrong with going it alone.
Perfect for solo travelers who love to explore, G Adventures is a leading adventure tour company. It focuses on small group tours and aims to go beyond to typical tourist sites. Instead, groups have rich cultural experiences and once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventures. The best bit? No single supplement for solo travellers (insert high five here).
- Age group: Minimum age of 18 years to travel solo. No upper age limit for tours except the Yolo tours (18–39 year olds).
- Tour styles: Classic tours with mid-range accommodation and transport, National Geographic, active, Yolo, marine adventures, family, rail tours, local living, private groups
- Where do they go? Africa, Asia, Oceania, Central America and the Caribbean, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, North America, South America, Polar Regions
A classic choice for young solo travellers, Contiki has been at the forefront of exciting adventures for youths since the 70s. It is consistently rated among the most popular youth tour companies and is perfect for young solos travellers, with its focus on socialising and group activities.
- Age group: 18–35 year olds
- Available tour styles: Camping, sailing, fast-paced see-everything tours, in-depth, party, festivals
- Where do they go? To more than 50 countries across North America, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia and Oceania.
Intrepid Travel is one of the best global offerings for intimate, small group tours. What sets it apart from other companies geared for solo travellers? Fewer parties, more cultural experiences, less rush and more one-on-one memories to take home with you. Intrepid Travel offers travellers the option to pay a small supplement for a single room, or to save money by sharing with someone of the same gender.
- Age group: Minimum age is 18 for solo travellers with no upper age limit
- Tour styles: Sailing, family-friendly tours, foodie adventures, polar expeditions, wildlife spotting, overland adventures, festivals, cycling tours, short breaks, walking and trekking, cultural holidays, urban adventures, astronomy
- Where do they go? Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, North America, Australia and Oceania, Arctic and Antarctic, South America.
Top Deck is also a travel company veteran that's been catering to travellers for 40 years. It has an impressive selection of tour types that are likely to appeal to young travellers. Hotel tours provide a touch more sophistication enroute, while adventure addicts and adrenaline junkies can go for the ski, sailing or explorer tours.
- Age group: 18–39 year olds
- Tour styles: Hotels, camping, in-depth destination tours, festivals and events, ANZAC, sailing, winter Europe, gap year, ski
- Where do they go? North America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand
Flexibility and the freedom to travel when you want, and stay longer when you want, is the feature that sets Busabout apart. Accommodation is not part of the package on the bus loops, but guides will make suggestions and help you book a stay. It's ideal for independent travellers who like their “me time” and want the company of fellow travellers without the micro-management of a planned package tour.
- Age group: Minimum of 18 years to travel solo with no upper age limit
- Tour styles: Hop-on hop-off bus routes, sailing and island hopping, short adventures, festivals, winter trips
- Where do they go? Western Europe, Asia, Eastern Europe, Morocco
Image: On The Go Tours
On the Go Tours offers a combination of unique, adventure packed experiences during the day, with comfortable, central accommodation during the night. Solo travellers don’t need to pay a single supplement if they’re happy to share accommodation with someone of the same gender.
- Age group: No upper age limit
- Tour styles: Guided group tours, tailor-made holidays, family and teen tours, day tours, short stays and stopovers, private group tours, Christmas and New Year's tours, sailing and cruising, active adventures, festivals and events, wild safari tours
- Where do they go? Europe, Africa, Central America, South America, The Far East, The Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, the Middle East
With classic overland style tours that hark back to the golden age of travel, Dragoman is a unique travel company. It’s ideal for those looking for the ease of a planned tour without feeling like it’s too touristy. Solo travellers are more than welcome and will pay no extra supplements if they're happy to share accommodation.
- Age group: Minimum age of 18 for solo travellers, no upper age limit
- Tour styles: Overland, camping
- Where do they go? Africa, North America, South America, Asia
Which of these retailers offer the option to have your own room?
- G Adventures. Single rooms available with a single supplement.
- Contiki. Single rooms available with a single supplement.
- Topdeck. Single rooms available with a single supplement.
- Intrepid Travel. Single rooms are available with a single supplement.
- On the Go Tours. Single rooms are available with a single supplement.
- OntheGo. Single rooms available with a single supplement.
- Dragoman. Single rooms available on select tours with a single supplement.
- Busabout. Hotels not included on main loops, transport part of a tour only.
Want to book discounted tours online? Use one of our coupons:
Popular Package & Tours coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|30 Jul 2021||6-day New Zealand adventure + flights from $3,799||NZA****|
|1 Sep 2021||Up to 15% off + $99 deposits on Australia adventures||********|
|25 Aug 2021||Up to 48% off holiday packages||********|
|20 Sep 2021||Up to 25% off Australia holiday escapes with flights||********|
|20 Sep 2021||3-night Brisbane getaway with flights from $849||********|
More guides on Finder
Monarto Safari Park review
If you're looking for a good Adelaide day trip, the Monarto Safari Park is the biggest of its kind outside of Africa. But is it any good?
Best multi-tools in Australia
If you’re looking for a versatile tool to tackle a wide range of odd jobs around the house, we’ll help you find the best multi-tool for your needs.
Take a sneak peek at Click Frenzy’s™ local travel deals 2021
Here's a small look into the hundreds of deals dropping at 7pm on 20 April 2021.
Best retro game consoles in Australia
Whether you’re looking back on the games of your youth or picking up retro game collecting as a hobby, here’s the best retro games consoles in Australia.
7 companies offering flexible Boxing Day travel deals
Change your dates, destination or mind? These Boxing Day deals are offering fuss-free changes without the extra cost for your net trip.
Electric bikes for off-road use
If you’re looking for an off-road e-bike, we’ll show you how to compare your options and find the right bike for your needs.
Get ahead of the crowd with these early Black Friday travel deals
From Contiki to Expedia, these are the Black Friday deals that are already here.
Best travel backpacks in Australia
If you’re looking for the perfect travel backpack, we help you find the best luggage for your next trip.
12 ideas for romantic getaways in Tasmania that will sweep you off your feet
From glass cabins that overlook forests to luxurious seaside escapes, these Tasmanian getaways offer the perfect romantic adventure.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Ask an Expert