Travel with #noregrets by getting the best deal on your tour with these Contiki promo codes.
If you're looking for an epic adventure but are on a budget, then you've come to the right place.
Contiki specialises in unforgettable journeys in Europe, Asia, Latin America, the USA and more for 18-35 year olds and there's almost always something on sale, or a way to save. Whether it's an early booking bonus or a last-minute discount, we've got the goods to help make your Contiki adventure more affordable.
Contiki promo codes and discount vouchers for August 2018
Most popular Contiki tours
- Grand Southern (26 days): Travel across America between New York City and Los Angeles, passing through a massive 26 destinations along the way. Safe to say, it's the ultimate USA road trip. Countries visited: USA
- Winter Wanderer (24 days): Just because Europe gets cold in the winter, it doesn't mean the fun freezes over. Visit Christmas markets, sip mulled wine, see the incredible snow-covered Alps and more. Countries visited: England, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium
- European Escapade (25 days): A 3.5-week taste test of Europe, experience life in a French chateaux and have a cosy stay in an Austrian gasthof. This tour also includes most meals for those looking for a hands-free holiday. Countries visited: England, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium
- European Trail (23 days): Dabble in both Western and Eastern Europe on this cross-continental journey, where you'll have a chance to dip into the baths in Budapest, marvel at the Alps, visit peaceful Lake Bled and cruise the canals of Amsterdam. Countries visited: England, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, France.
- European Whirl (18 days): Designed as a bucket list trip, this tour ticks off those must-see sites in Europe and makes an idea first journey to the continent. Countries visited: England, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France
- Croatian Island Hopper (8 days): Spend just over a week sailing through crystal-clear blue waters of the Adriatic Sea, stopping at picturesque islands along the Dalmatian Coast. Countries visited: Croatia
- Asian Adventure (14 days): From the incredible ruins of Angkor Wat to the enchanting city of Luang Prabang to the mouth-watering cuisine of northern Thailand, get a taste of Indochina on this two-week journey. Countries visited: Cambodia, Thailand, Laos
Pros and cons of Contiki
- Huge variety. With a large range of tours all over the world, you will be able to find the perfect tour for you. Whether you want a short tour or a long tour, there’s plenty to select from to a range of locations.
- Affordable prices. Contiki tours are very affordable and there’s plenty of options for those on a budget. With the discount codes available, the prices are even cheaper.
- Reputable company. Contiki is one of the largest tour companies and enjoys a great reputation in terms of customer satisfaction. Avoid disappointment and go with the tour company that’s trusted and loved by people all over the world.
- Online chat and support. The website provides you with all kinds of support to make your trip planning and organisation easier. With an online chat, a FAQs page, your very own online account, you have all the information you need online.
- Cancellation fees. Cancellation fees and penalty for changing itinerary do apply in some circumstances.
Contiki booking guide
Once final payment is received in no less than 45 days before your departure, you will receive your travellers’ documents, including your vouchers, airline tickets (if purchased through Contiki), a day to day itinerary, an optional activities list, a traveller's information booklet and document wallet delivered to you three weeks prior to departure. This gives you plenty of time to get everything together and get organised. The Contiki website also offers a check-in section for those who booked the trip through Contiki. Here, you can put all your information in, such as your passport details, travel insurance and emergency contact information. This also gives you access to plenty of features in the Contiki community and manage your bookings online.
What do I need to know about Contiki?
Do Contiki tours include flights?
Airfare from your home city to the start of your tour is not included in the tour price. Some Contiki tours do include flights during the tour to cover longer distances in a shorter period of time. You'll know whether your tour includes any flights by checking the tour itinerary map, which is available on the company's website. If the line drawn between destinations has an image of a plane next to it, that leg of your journey will be covered by plane at no additional charge.
Another place you can find this information is on the right side of the screen on your tour's page. In the "What's Included" section, it will list how many (if any) internal flights are included in your tour.
What should you pack on a Contiki tour?
Contiki offers a wide range of tour types, from relaxing sailing journeys where you're in one room the entire time to whirlwind cross-continent adventures where you're moving to a new destination every night or two.
Keep in mind what sort of tour you've booked and what the weather will be like. Remember winter in Australia is summer in Europe!
Mountainous places like Switzerland and Austria will likely require warmer gear if you're experiencing the Alps, while island hopping tours in Greece and Croatia will be sunny and warm so you'll want to bring lighter items and extra swim gear.
A few items that are good to bring on all trips are comfortable walking shoes for when you're exploring a new destination, an outfit for a night on the town (Contiki's well known for experiencing the local nightlife), a swimsuit and a few pairs of clothes and underwear. You'll have the chance to do laundry along the way, so don't worry about bringing an entire month's worth of clothes if you're going on a longer tour.
How much spending money will you need on a Contiki tour?
Not everything is included in your Contiki tour. You'll need to bring extra money for meals and entrance fees not included in the tour price.
Each Contiki tour includes different things, and the inclusions are all explained on the information page for your tour in the "What's included section". This should be the first place you look when trying to sort out a budget for your tour. Here, it will be outlined how many meals are included.
The itinerary will also list out what tours and entrance fees are included. If you'd like to do extras that aren't included, they'll be listed in the "Me time" section of the itinerary.
Are Contiki tours worth it?
Group tours often do work out to be slightly more expensive than if you were to plan out the journey and travel it on your own. However, consider the added costs to include everything from the knowledge of a guide who will be travelling with you, the friends you'll make while on tour, and the convenience of having all the hard work done for you - everything from booking your hotel to deciding which restaurant to have dinner at.
Where do Contiki tours leave from in London?
Contiki tours depart from the Royal National Hotel at 6am for camping, budget and concept tours and at 6.45 for time out, superior and hotel tours. There is usually a pre-departure meeting the night prior to your Contiki tour, so it's a good idea to arrive the day prior with enough time to get to your accommodation and then to the group meeting spot.
Do Contiki buses have Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is available on most of Contiki's coaches, and the majority of the accommodation sites where you'll stay during the tour.
Cancellations and changes with Contiki
If you have to cancel your Contiki tour, the best way to do it is through the agent you made your booking with. The following cancellation fees apply: over 45 days (deposit forfeited), 45-22 days (27.5% of tour cost forfeited), 21-8 days (33% of tour cost forfeited), 7-1 days (55% of tour cost forfeited) and day of departure (100% of tour cost forfeited). Contiki offers a pre-paid cancellation option for $99. By paying $99 per person with your deposit, the full amount of your deposit and/or payment to Contiki will be refunded if you cancel your tour for any reason prior to leaving Australia.
If you need to make changes to your air itinerary, fees may apply depending on the airline are flying with. If you purchased your flights through Contiki, you should call your nearest office and speak to a reservations officer for more information.