If you need to rent a car for your next trip, Avis offers flexible rental terms at affordable prices.
Avis is one of the largest car rental companies in the world and, as such, has many bases in Australia to make it easy and convenient for travellers to rent a car whenever and wherever they need one. So, whether you’re coming from an international flight or simply need a temporary car for a weekend getaway, Avis is sure to have the right vehicle for you.
On a budget? Even better! The company charges competitive prices and often run regular promotions and deals to make it even cheaper for clients rent transportation on the cheap.
Current Avis discount codes and deals
Popular Avis coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|18 Dec 2018||Third day free SUV car hire||TPN****|
|18 Dec 2018||7-day Australia car hire for the price of 6 days||TPN****|
|15 Nov 2018||Up to 15% off USA car hire + US$150 Universal Orlando Resort savings||AWD****|
|2 Oct 2018||Double upgrade car hire||UPD****|
|14 Jan 2019||$1 car hire per day in Northern Territory||********|
Pros and cons of Avis Australia
- Large branch network. Avis has multiple branches in many Australian cities, making it easy to rent and return vehicles to them.
- Generous refund policy for cancellations. As long as you provide enough notice to Avis, they will refund your money with no questions asked should your plans change or you choose not to rent a car with them.
- Variety of cars available. You’ll find cars for different needs and numbers, including sedans, SUVs, and compact vehicles.
- Vehicle returns are only allowed during business hours. Although this requirement is not unreasonable, it may sometimes be inconvenient for some customers to return the vehicle within normal operating hours.
Refunds, exchanges and returns for Avis Australia
Avis generally requires you to provide at least 24-hours notice for cancellations in order to avoid paying a penalty. Otherwise, they will charge a no-show fee.
What options do I have to remove or reduce rental excess?
If you get into an accident or your rental vehicle is stolen or damaged in use, you will have to pay an excess charge. This charge can be upwards of $6,000, depending on the car and the rental company. You can remove or reduce your excess completely with the following options:
1. Pay for an excess waiver with the car rental company
The cost of this will vary depending on the destination you're in and is usually charged at a daily rate. Some rental companies may only let you reduce a part of your excess charge.
2. Buy car rental excess insurance
3. Buy travel insurance with car rental excess cover
Travel insurance policies typically include car rental excess cover automatically and with cover up to $6,000. The benefit of getting rental excess through travel insurance is that you also get travel insurance cover!
About Avis Australia and its history
Avis is one of the top car rental companies in the world. As such, you can expect excellent customer service, a wide range of vehicles, and a seamlessly easy process when you rent a car from them. To help you on your way, Avis operates in multiple cities across Australia, and conveniently has branches in locations such as airports, city centres, and near major transport hubs. Travelling shouldn't be stressful, and with Avis' convenient fleets, impeccable service, and discounts, it won't be.