Amazon Prime Day Amazon devices deals 2021
Amazon has just announced this year's Prime Day dates and there's no better time to save big on Amazon devices.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Although Amazon Prime Day is fairly new to the sale scene, the event is giving Black Friday a run for its money already. This sale is all set to launch at midnight on 13 October and we're on a mission to track down all the very best Prime Day deals and discounts for you.
One thing that's guaranteed to be heavily discounted during this year's Prime Day bonanza is Amazon devices. Every year, Amazon offers fantastic deals across everything from Echos and Kindle Fires to kids devices, smart plugs and beyond throughout this sale. Trust us, if you're looking to secure a steal while shopping for Amazon-made tech there is no better time than right now.
Scroll on to explore all the very best deals across Amazon devices as they arise throughout the 2021 Amazon Prime Day event.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other Amazon deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day has become one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive dates in the shopping calendar ever. The event is hosted annually and now rivals the most prolific sales including Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events, Amazon Prime Day is highly regarded for its exclusivity. As only Amazon Prime members can access this exciting event, there's no time like the present to sign up for a membership.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon has decided to shake things up and instead of hosting its traditional mid-July event, the sale has been scheduled for October! Yep, you read that right. This global retailing giant is hosting a 2-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, ensuring that this year's sale is even bigger than last year's 36-hour spectacle.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Be on the lookout for pre-sale discounts as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime Members were able to access some wow-worthy deals including 50% off Amazon devices, 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounts on Amazon music streaming.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours prior to the start of the sale. Consider asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date and see whether you can secure a deal on Amazon devices ahead of the event.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a possibility that you'll be able to uncover insider info on many of the exclusive deals way before Prime Day commences, granting you a sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals" which only last for a very limited time before they're gone. So, it pays to know exactly what you're looking for before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are plenty of things to think about before setting out on your Amazon Prime Day shopping spree. Do a little research and ensure you shop savvy during this year's event. Scroll on to see our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals land thick and fast with new ones arriving as often as every five minutes. This can quickly turn your online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you want, don't be tempted to hit the "Add to cart" button on every single sale item that flashes across your screen. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it presents itself.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, won't reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a list. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to snatch up a discount which could cause you to skip reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would. This step is vital unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day is being launched close to Black Friday this year, it's a good idea to check out competitor prices online. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
What's the catch?
When it comes to Amazon Prime Day, the only real catch is that you have to be a paying Prime member to be able to access the event. This sale's exclusivity sees millions of new members across the globe subscribing to Amazon Prime just so that they can access the event. Why not ask Alexa to sign you up today and see whether you can score a discount on the annual fees?
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
70+ top shackets for 2021 and how to style them
The latest layering trend is here and we’ve got the lowdown on where to shop it in Australia.
Amazon Echo Show 10 3rd Gen Review: You Spin Me Right Round
The Echo Show 10 3rd Gen’s ability to spin itself around to face you is a neat (or possibly creepy) party trick, but Amazon hasn’t done enough to make it a must-have feature.
Easter 2021 sales: 50% off at rebel + heaps more bargains
We've rounded up the best Easter deals on furniture, fitness equipment and more.
Xbox Series S: Where to buy in Australia
Xbox Series S is a lower-cost alternative to the Xbox Series X. Here's a list of stores where you can buy the console for the best price.
Harman Audio discount codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on contemporary listening technology online at Harman Audio today.
Australis discount codes and coupons April 2021
Check out the latest Australis discount codes and see how much you could save on some new makeup today.
Deal alert: Amazon is practically giving away Star Wars Blu-rays
For a limited time, Amazon is selling blockbuster Blu-ray movies for under $4, including the Star Wars saga.
Best home security cameras in Australia
These are the best security camera systems you can get your hands on in Australia.
Top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
Ask an Expert