AirAsia BIG sale discounts 6 million seats with flights from $80
Set your 2021 travel plans in motion.
It's that time again. A time when big discounts are taken off big destinations. In other words: it's an AirAsia BIG sale.
First, let's talk discounts. There are flights on sale from $80 each way. This gets you from the Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur – and on the world's best low-cost airline no less.
Other cheap fares are: Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur from $89 each way, Perth to Lombok, Bali or Kuala Lumpur from $89 each way and Sydney to Phuket from $144 each way.
Now, let's chat destinations. They're all crowd favourites. Think Bali, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Kochi and Penang for starters.
In the wake of the coronavirus, AirAsia has made a conscious effort not to include flights in the near future. Instead, it's offering travel between 7 September 2020 and 1 July 2021 when, hopefully, the situation has eased.
If you're feeling a little anxious though, you might consider organising travel insurance alongside your booking. Since coronavirus is a known event, general travel insurance won't cover any COVID-19 related expenses. However, cancel-for-any-reason insurance can.
You may also be able to cancel your flight for a full journey if the travel warning changes to "do not travel". Finder answers your coronavirus travel insurance questions here.
- Book your flights now through Skyscanner.
This AirAsia sale ends 16 March 2020 at 3am (2400 GMT + 8). That is, unless seats sell out. With six million on sale it's a good bet you'll be able to snag a seat with your name on it.
How good are these AirAsia sale fares?
- Price: Great. Flights and fares in this sale are comparable to AirAsia's previous sale in February. This also sported $80 fares between Gold Coast and Kuala Lumper for earlier dates in the year.
- Airline: Great. AirAsia has been crowned the world's best low-cost airline by Skytrax for 11 years running. That's pretty impressive. Bear in mind that it is a budget carrier, so prices mentioned above are starter fares that only include your seat and carry-on luggage. Extras such as checked luggage will cost a fee.
- Frequent flyer points: AirAsia BIG members can earn points on these flights.
- Travel time: Good. All AirAsia flights include a stopover in Kuala Lumpur. Depending on your route, these could be lengthy. Before booking, check your itinerary to avoid an inconvenient wait at the airport.
- Weather: Great. You have almost a year of travel dates to book here, so you're bound to find something that works with good weather. For example, Bali is best from April-June and September-October to avoid the rainy and peak seasons. Consult our Best Time to Visit guide to pick the best months to travel to your desired destination, weather-wise.
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do
- Vivid Sydney 2021: 7 unique ways to experience it
- Before and after: How COVID-19 affected Australian consumer behaviour
- 10 ways to treat Mum using Dine and Discover on Mother’s Day