ABC updates mobile app with better streaming
A streamlined look with live streaming and news built in for the ABC’s primary mobile app.
The ABC’s shift to digital broadcasting is going full steam ahead, with the switch this week to HD broadcasting for its primary ABC channel, as well as the release of its ABC Me smartphone app.
It has also released an updated version of its primary ABC app for mobile and tablet with a redesigned interface and inbuilt live streaming of ABC, ABC News 24, ABC Me and ABC Kids content. You can use it to access ABC radio streaming and a wide variety of podcasts, as well as the ABC’s digital Double J and triple j Unearthed channels.
If you’re using an iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, the app also includes 3D Touch shortcuts for Just In, TV On Demand, Now On TV and Listen Live sections of the app.
Optus this week announced it was making content from the ABC Me app free to stream for selected mobile customers, alongside its existing free iView streaming, but it’s yet to announce the same for the core ABC app.
- New on Netflix Australia and Stan in June 2018: Farewell Sense8, we hardly know youse
- The Fab Five are coming to Sydney to celebrate Queer Eye Season 2
- Where to watch the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final online in Australia
- Gem Finder: Happy! Is the most bonkers show you’ll binge this year
- It’s going to be all right: Foxtel confirms Arrested Development Season 5 is coming later this month
For all the latest in TV and movie streaming, follow and subscribe below