Zipmex cryptocurrency exchange review
Find deep order books on Zipmex, the first exchange in Australia to aggregate liquidity from around the world.
- Great for its high liquidity
- Not so great if you're looking for volume discounts on trading fees
|Product Name||Zipmex Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Fiat Currencies||USD, AUD, SGD, IDR|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, LTC, ETH, XRP, EOS|
For USD: 10 USD
For AUD: 1% (capped at AUD$3)
- Aggregated liquidity
- High speed trading
- Fiat currency support
- Straightforward fee structure
- Limited cryptocurrency selection
- No discounted fee tiers
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: USD, AUD, SGD, IDR
- Supported cryptocurrencies: 5 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
- Bank transfer
What's it like to use Zipmex?
Fees and limits
The fees below are accurate as of August 26, 2019.
Platform trading fees
Deposit and withdrawal fees
|AUD||1% (capped at AUD$3)|
|Fiat currency||Withdrawal fee|
|IDR||0.2%, 25,000 IDR minimum|
|Cryptocurrency||Withdrawal fee||Withdrawal minimum|
|BTC||0.0005 BTC||0.002 BTC|
|ETH||0.01 ETH||0.02 ETH|
|EOS||0.1 EOS||0.2 EOS|
|LTC||0.001 LTC||0.002 LTC|
|XRP||0.25 XRP||0.25 XRP|
How fast will my funds be available?
Fiat deposit times will vary depending on the currency and your bank.
Cryptocurrency deposits can take a few minutes, depending on the cryptocurrency.
Fiat currency withdrawal times vary depending on the bank and currency.
Cryptocurrency withdrawals can take a few minutes, depending on the cryptocurrency.
Is Zipmex safe to use?
- Regulation. Zipmex is registered with AUSTRAC and complies with AML/KYC requirements. Its partners include established financial services such as AEC Securities.
- Verification process. Zipmex requires user identity verification for fiat currency deposits, withdrawals and trading. Crypto-to-crypto deposits, withdrawals and trading are available with email confirmation only.
- Security features. Zipmex recommends 2-factor authentication for your Zipmex account as well as the email address you've used to register your account. Zipmex says it uses an "overlapping security structure". There are no known instances of Zipmex being hacked.
How do I create an account at Zipmex?
What else do I need to know about Zipmex?
Singapore-based Zipmex first opened its doors in 2019.
Zipmex was built by prominent figures in the Australasian business community. The Zipmex CEO and co-founder is Marcus Lim, founder of Australian online marketplace Oneflare, and a winner of the Anthill Entrepreneur Award and the Deloitte APAC Fast 500.
Its advisory board includes the former Stock Exchange Thailand chairman and the vice minister to the deputy prime minister of Thailand.
In a nutshell
- Aggregated liquidity. Zipmex aggregates liquidity from global markets and OTC desks.
- High-speed trading. Zipmex says its platform can process 1.4 million trades per second.
- Fiat currency support. Zipmex offers USD, SGD, IDR and AUD fiat currency trading options.
- Very simple fee structure. Zipmex has a very straightforward fee structure: 0.2% trading fees and nominal deposit/withdrawal fees.
- No fee discounts. Zipmex doesn't offer discounted fee tiers for high-volume traders like many other exchanges.
- Limited cryptocurrency selection. Zipmex only offers BTC, ETH, XRP, EOS and LTC.
Ready to sign up?