Zapdos charges its way into Pokémon GO
The last of the first-generation legendary Pokémon is available right now.
Right on schedule, developer Niantic has rolled out Pokémon GO's latest legendary switcheroo. The fearsome fire-breather Moltres has fled into the digital ether, making way for the electrifying Zapdos and its thunderous lightning attacks.
To catch Zapdos, you'll first need to defeat it. This is no easy task. For the best chances against this Ice- and Flying-type legendary, you and your fellow Raid buddies will want to stock up on Rock-type Pokémon in order to deal the greatest damage and Ground-type Pokémon to withstand Zapdos' electric attacks. Your best bet in this regard is Golem, thanks to it being both a Rock- and Ground-type Pokémon. Piloswine can be similarly effective, provided it knows the Rock-type attack Avalanche.
Like previous legendaries Articuno and Moltres, Zapdos will only be hanging around for a limited time. On 14 August, Zapdos will take its leave, with an as-yet unannounced Pokémon presumably taking its place. If you want to add Zapdos's electric power to your team, you'll want to hit the pavement and start visiting your local Gyms as soon as possible.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition review: Polished to a Mirror Shield shine
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera