You can try out NBA LIVE 18 for free starting tomorrow
You'll need to be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscriber, though.
First revealed back at EA's E3 presentation, NBA LIVE 18 has a lot of work to do to win over basketball fans. Not only has EA's track record with the NBA LIVE franchise left a lot to be desired in recent years (see: the T-pose controversy), NBA LIVE 18 will be going up against the much-loved NBA 2K games and their well-established fan base of virtual ballers.
EA is hardly ignorant to this, of course, and in an effort to convince gamers that this year's entry will be different to those that came before it, the publisher is releasing a free demo to all Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus subscribers tomorrow.
The demo will feature the prologue to the game's The One career mode, where players lead a custom-made baller through the ranks of both the NBA and a street-basketball league. There'll also be weekly live events to participate in, with special rules and rewards to unlock. Any progress made during the demo will carry over into the full game, too, which is always much-appreciated.
If you just want to size up NBA LIVE 18's moment-to-moment ball skills, the demo also includes a standard exhibition match between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors.
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale
- GAMDIAS ACHILLES M1-L gaming chair review