You can now fly to South Africa from just $889 return on Etihad Airways
Get in quick before the stampede arrives.
5-star full-service airline Etihad has made our week, delivering us a sale on flights to Johannesburg that's pretty hard to beat.
And when we mean pretty hard, we mean we've never seen flights this low to South Africa.
They start at just $889 return (yes, RETURN) from Adelaide, and other Aussie cities aren't missing out either. Here's the list:
- Hobart-Johannesburg from $954
- Sydney-Johannesburg from $963
- Melbourne-Johannesburg from $964
- Brisbane-Johannesburg from $972
- Canberra-Johannesburg from $998
- Perth-Johannesburg from $1,090
Flights depart from April-June and August-October 2019 and are on sale at these prices via I Want That Flight.
There's no set end date to this sale but at these prices you might have to fight off the masses with a stick.
How good are these Eithad South Africa fares?
- Price: Great. We really don't think we need to explain just how cheap these flights are. On the right is how much a typical traveller will pay for a trip between Adelaide and Johannesburg if you really don't believe us.
- Airline: Great. Etihad is a 5-star, full-service airline. We can't rave about it enough.
- Travel time: This is the journey's biggest downside. Flights are long and include a stopover in Abu Dhabi. If you fly the Adelaide to Johannesburg route, you'll have to stop in Melbourne as well bringing your total flight time to just under 30 hours. To make the flight a little more bearable however Etihad has a stopover deal where if you stay for two days in Abu Dhabi, you'll get the second night stay free.
- Weather: Great. April-October are our recommended travel months as they offer dry weather which means the wildlife is more visible. It's also winter making it more pleasant for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Flights to Africa on sale now:
|Adelaide||Johannesburg||April-June 2019||$889||Take me to Africa|
|Hobart||Johannesburg||May-June 2019||$954||Take me to Africa|
|Sydney||Johannesburg||April-September 2019||$963||Take me to Africa|
|Melbourne||Johannesburg||April-October 2019||$964||Take me to Africa|
|Brisbane||Johannesburg||April-September 2019||$972||Take me to Africa|
|Canberra||Johannesburg||April-June 2019||$998||Take me to Africa|
|Perth||Johannesburg||April-June 2019||$1,090||Take me to Africa|