You can now fly to Canada from $887 return on Air Canada
This is not a drill. Repeat. This is not a drill.
Your one-in-a-million chance to snap up cheap flights to Canada on the prestigious Air Canada has arrived and if you were us, we wouldn't pass this up. In fact, we're highly tempted to book a ticket ourselves.
That's because typically you'll only find flights this low to Canada on airlines such as Air China or Philippine Airlines making this a rare find indeed.
Here are the details: Flights take off from Sydney only and travel direct to Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton. You'll have to fly between March and June 2019 which means you can catch the spring flowers as they bloom and a touch of summer as it hits.
There's no set end date to this sale but at these prices, they are likely being sold out as we speak.
Make sure you've got your foot in the door by searching for flights through Skyscanner which hunts out the cheapest options within seconds.
How good are these Air Canada fares?
- Price: Great. It's super rare to find flights to Canada on Air Canada for under $1,000 return (believe me, we look). The best way to get there for less is by booking with a lower quality airline like Air China or Philippine Airlines. At $887 return, this is almost half the cost of what Aussies typically pay to get from Sydney to Vancouver and much less than what Skyscanner recommends as a good deal on this route.
- Airline: Great. Air Canada is a full-service 4-star airline. This means you won't have to pay a cent more for checked luggage, meals or in-flight entertainment.
- Travel time: Great. All flights are direct which means less time in the air and more time on holiday.
- Weather: Good. While not peak summer dates, March-June is the pleasant spring season which allows you to get out and sightsee without the summer vacation crowds.
Average cost of a flight to Vancouver
Search for your flight to Canada now:
- The three-step plan to reopen Australia: What you can and can’t do
- Airlines, cruises and tours waive change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus [Updated]
- Australians advised not to travel: What to know [Updated]
- Travelling during coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know [Updated]
- What to know if your travels are affected by the domestic travel ban