You can now bid for a cheap upgrade on Fiji Airways
How to Bula Bid, and exactly what you can win.
Introducing Bula Bid, Fiji Airways' new way for travellers to upgrade at a price that's always going to be worth it. It's not the first airline to bring out an upgrade auction house, but Bula Bid might be one of the simplest and most straightforward ones.
It's a simple two-step process that consists of making your bid online and then finding whether you won. If you did, you'll get a seat upgrade from economy to business class, at a price of your choice.
To make it even easier, you'll get emailed 7 days before departure if you're able to bid for an upgrade on your ticket, or can simply go to the Bula Bid website and plug in your name and booking number to find out.
If you made a bid, then 18-24 hours before flight departure you'll be advised whether or not you have won.
Only the winner is charged, with a direct debit of their winning bid, using the credit card details supplied during the bidding process.
What you'll find in Fiji Airways business class
You'll want to bid like a pro, which means knowing what kind of craft you'll be flying on and the extra amenities business class brings. You don't want to overbid on the 737s, but don't want to go too low on a long-haul Airbus 330 flight.
If you're on the way to or from Los Angeles Airport you might also expect bidding to run a little higher, thanks to the airport's great business class lounge that recently opened up for Fiji Airways.
On Fiji Airways Airbus 330s you'll get:
- 60" seat pitch and 76" lie-flat beds
- In-seat USB power
- Adjustable privacy dividers
- 15.4" in-seat LCD screens
While the more compact Boeing 737s will offer:
- 48" seat pitch, with 14" seat recline
- Pre-loaded iPads for on-demand inflight entertainment
With both, however, you'll also get a delightful range of special Fiji Airway treatment, including:
- Priority check-in
- A signature Fiji Airways cocktail or mocktail upon boarding
- Three course in-flight fine dining, with meals designed by the Fiji Airways executive chef
- Better wine and other beverage accompaniments for your meal (and your flight)
- Extra carry-on and checked baggage space
- Complimentary noise cancelling headsets for your flight, to go with a great range of Fiji Airways in-flight entertainment
- A selection of international magazines and newspapers
- Complimentary amenity bag, including eye mask, dental kit, socks ear plugs and moisturising travel kit
Fiji Airways is consistently one of the best-value ways for Australians to fly to the USA, and with this upgrade system travellers are also going to start getting great comfort on those long-haul trips.
With a bit (or a lot) of luck, you might now be able to get a business class flight to the USA for under $800. Those kinds of sales run fairly often, but go fast, so feel free to subscribe below to receive an email when Fiji Airways, or others, are running those kinds of super cheap deals.
- Take off with the top flight sales from Boxing Day 2020
- The best Black Friday 2020 flight sales in Australia
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Tigerair officially axed: What this means for you
- Virgin Australia becomes the first Australian airline to offer flexible bookings until 2021
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes