Vineyards sweep down rolling hills until they meet the Yarra River, with the odd brewery and gourmet food producer scattered along the slopes.
Walking and cycling trails meander from one cellar door to the next, while the Yarra Valley National Park invites you to lose yourself in nature. A perfect blend of luxurious indulgence and country charm, the Yarra Valley is a place of many pleasures.
|Up to $80 off Skydiving||
|Valid for travel on select dates. Destinations include Sydney, Perth, Gold Coast, Yarra Valley and more. T&C's apply.||
|Up to $70 off flying experiences||
|Valid on select experiences, including skydiving, helicopter rides, and flying lessons. Destinations include Yarra Valley, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay and more. T&C's apply.||
Fast facts about Yarra Valley
Where is it? Victoria’s best-known wine region, the Yarra Valley is situated roughly one hour’s drive east of Melbourne.
How do I get there? There’s no airport in the Yarra Valley. The nearest one is Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine). From there you can catch public transport, take the airport shuttle bus or hire a car to get to the Yarra Valley, which is about an hour away. Read more...
When should I go? Visit in March to explore the valley’s vineyards in harvest season, or in November for warm weather and late spring blooms. Read more...
What should I do?
- Take a wine tour to sample food and wine at some of the Yarra’s best cellar doors.
- Tour the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie then taste their sweet treats and ice cream.
- See the sights from the Puffing Billy steam train.
- Watch the sunrise over the valley from a hot air balloon.
- Taste the region’s craft beers and ciders.
- Work up an appetite at one of the many golf courses.
- Go bushwalking in Yarra Valley National Park.
- Enjoy a day at the races. Read more...