Xbox One X pre-order info to be revealed at Gamescom 2017
Pre-orders could go live as soon as Microsoft's presentation wraps up.
Despite announcing the Xbox One X back at E3 this year, Microsoft hasn't yet allowed eager fans to throw down their money on pre-orders for the upcoming high-powered console. Today, finally, the company has announced a firm date for when pre-order details will drop: 5am Monday 21 August AEST.
During its Gamescom presentation, Microsoft will reveal its plans for Xbox One X pre-orders. It's possible that pre-orders will go live as soon as the presentation ends, if a tweet from the senior editor at The Verge Tom Warren is on the money:
Xbox One X preorders will go live on Sunday after the Gamescom press event
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) August 17, 2017
While this is good news for those who've patiently waited over two months to secure an Xbox One X, it's less exciting given the fact that it's come on the heels of yesterday's announcement that Crackdown 3 will be delayed. Without the much-anticipated title, the Xbox One X line-up has to rely on Forza Motorsport 7 and not a whole lot else to show off its extra horsepower.
We'll be covering all of Gamescom's news and announcements when the show kicks off next week, so be sure to check back for all the info.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?