WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia is a specialised policy that provides a solid level of cover for those who travel domestically on a regular basis
If you travel frequently around Australia, you will come to know the best roads, the best rest stops, the best sights and probably get a good idea about the best music for driving. You may also come to notice that domestic travel brings with it a lot of the same risks as international travel, which is why it is important to make sure that you have the right protection.
Who Underwrites WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance?
WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance emergency assistance provider is Allianz Global Assistance - one of the world's leading assistance companies based right here in Australia.
Benefits of Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance from WorldCare
To make sure your travel within Australia is calm and easy, you will want to consider travel insurance. Travel insurance comes in many different forms and WorldCare wants to make sure you’re not paying for any features you don’t need, while at the same time making sure to cover you with tailored and inclusive protection for your specific travel situation.
WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance will cover you for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. You can claim for any cancellation fees or deposits you lose for prepaid travel arrangements if you have to cancel or change your travel plans due to circumstances that are out of your control. WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance will reimburse you for the cancellation fees and lost deposits if there is no other way for you to recover them after a change in travel plans. For example, on a single policy WorldCare will reimburse up to $1,500 of travel agent cancellation fees, $1,500 per person for a Duo policy and up to $3,000 on a family policy. You can also claim for the loss of frequent flyer points or other similar reward points which you may have used to purchase airline tickets.
- Additional expenses. If you do not travel because of illness or injury, your WorldCare travel insurance will reimburse you for reasonable accommodation and travel expenses. You must have a medical adviser certify that you are unfit to travel to be eligible for this feature. If you are unable to travel due to your travelling companion becoming ill or injured, you will be able to claim for the additional accommodation and travel expenses. Reasonable accommodation and travel expenses can also be extended to a travelling companion or relative who is needed to stay near you or escort you.
- Accidental death. WorldCare travel insurance will pay a death benefit to your estate if your death is the result of an injury sustained during your journey within Australia. Your death must be the result of an injury you suffered while travelling and your death must occur within 12 months of the injury to be eligible for the WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance death benefit. Your family can also claim for the death benefit after 12 months, if something you are travelling on disappears, sinks, crashes or you are presumed dead and your body is not recovered.
- Luggage and personal effects. This feature covers specified and unspecified items, where you are able to specify particular items of value on your insurance policy with WorldCare. This feature will pay the cost of repairs, or reimburse you the value of luggage or personal items that are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged during your travels. WorldCare will calculate the value based on depreciation and will not pay you an insurance benefit that is more than the original value of the item. The maximum amount WorldCare will pay for personal items is $3,000 for personal computers, video recorders or cameras, $1,000 for mobile phones or other phone capable devices and $750 for all other unspecified items.
- Delayed luggage and personal effects. You can experience luggage delays at domestic terminals just as easily as you can at international ones and if you are a frequent traveller around Australia this is probably already common knowledge. Therefore, this feature will be very valuable in ensuring those inconvenient delays don’t ruin your holiday. WorldCare allows you to claim for the cost to purchase essential personal items if your luggage is delayed by your carrier. You are eligible to claim if your luggage is delayed, misdirected or misplaced by the carrier for more than 12 hours and WorldCare deems it reasonable for you to purchase essential items of clothing or personal items.
- Travel delay expenses. Even the best laid plans can go awry, but when you are travelling, you often rely on precision transfers between your destinations and travel providers. When one falls out of line, the plans for the rest of your day or the rest of your trip can be placed in jeopardy. Therefore, WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance offers you a travel insurance benefit to allow you to arrange additional meals and accommodation if your journey is delayed for more than six hours. For example, you can claim for up to $200 of expenses at the end of the first six hour delay and an additional $200 for every full 24 hour period you are delayed after that.
- Personal liability. Legal assistance is just a phone call away when you are travelling with the protection of WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance. Your legal liability is covered for payment of compensation in the event of death, bodily injury, physical loss or damage to property of another person, as the result of an accident. This feature includes reasonable legal expenses for settling or defending a claim made against you.
- Rental vehicle covers. If you hire a vehicle on your travels around Australia, you can feel protected knowing WorldCare will cover you in the event something goes wrong. For example, if you have an accident, or your rental vehicle is damaged and stolen and you are required to pay the rental vehicle insurance excess, your WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance will pay the excess amount for you. WorldCare will also cover any costs involved in returning the vehicle to the rental vehicle depot if you are unable to do so yourself, as certified by a medical adviser.
- Cover for domestic pets. It’s hard to leave your pets behind when you travel, but if you’re not able to take them with you, you can rest assured that your travel insurance will help you take care of them. For example, if your journey is delayed, WorldCare will pay the additional boarding fees for domestic cats or dogs, up to $25 for each additional 24 hour period.
- Domestic services. If you become disabled as the result of an injury you suffered on your journey around Australia, you can be reimbursed up to $50 per day for you to pay for housekeeping services, if are now unable to perform those duties yourself.
Avoid having your holiday spoiled by delays, cancellations or unexpected losses. WorldCare Frequent Traveller Australia Travel Insurance covers you for damaged or lost luggage, expenses relating to cancellation and cover for additional accommodation, all for a reasonable price.