Unexpected trouble can occur on domestic trips too; cover yourself while travelling within Australia with WorldCare Australia Only Travel Insurance
Travelling can be a lot of fun, and you don’t have to be going a long way to have an adventure. It can be had in your own backyard, be it a long weekend trip to Melbourne or a relaxing drive along the Great Ocean Road.
No matter what part of Australia you are planning to explore, a holiday at home is not the time to become complacent. Even though you may not need a passport, a phrase book or a currency exchange, your trip can still be vulnerable to travel delays and disasters, which can be just as costly and inconvenient here as they are overseas.
Who Underwrites WorldCare Australia Only Travel Insurance
WorldCare Australia Only Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited one of the world's largest insurance companies. WorldCare Australia Only Travel Insurance emergency assistance provider is Allianz Global Assistance.
Features of WorldCare Australia Only Travel Insurance
When you are travelling within Australia, you want to be protected by a comprehensive travel insurance policy, but you also don’t want to be paying for the more expensive international travel insurance features. That is why WorldCare allows you to tailor your travel insurance with their Australia Only policy, which features:
- Unlimited cancellation fee and lost deposit cover. WorldCare pays any cancellation fees you are charged or deposits you are forced to forfeit for travel and accommodation arrangements made in advance. You can claim for up to $1,500 of cancellation fees on a single policy, $1,500 per person on a duo policy and up to $3,000 with a family policy. You will also be reimbursed for the loss of frequent flyer points or other similar rewards points if you used your points to purchase an airline ticket which you then had to cancel.
- Protection for lost or damaged luggage. You can claim for up to $5,000 if your luggage or personal effects are lost or damaged while you are travelling. With a family policy from WorldCare you can claim up to $10,000. You can claim for the repair cost or the value of any luggage or personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged. This does not include cover for goods purchased during your journey or duty free purchases. You are not covered if your luggage or personal items are left unattended, or in an unlocked vehicle.
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses. On a single and couples policy you can claim up to $75,000 of additional expenses if you or your travelling companion are unable to travel and have to change your plans because of illness or injury. With a family policy you can claim up to $150,000 of additional expenses. A medical adviser must certify that you are unfit to travel. You can also be reimbursed the reasonable accommodation and travel expenses for a travelling companion or relative who needs to travel to you, stay near you or escort you if you are suffering a life threatening medical condition in hospital, or you are evacuated for medical reasons.
- Rental vehicle excess. If you have an accident in a rental vehicle, WorldCare travel insurance covers you with a $6,000 benefit towards the rental vehicle excess. Your travel insurance will reimburse you the cost of the excess or the cost to repair the vehicle if it is stolen or damaged, whichever is less. This feature also includes a $1,000 benefit for the cost of returning the vehicle to the nearest rental depot if you are certified by a medical adviser as being unfit to do so.
- Accidental death cover. Single and couples policies with WorldCare pay a $25,000 benefit to your estate if you die within 12 months as the result of an accident that occurred while you were travelling. If you claim under a family policy you are eligible for a $50,000 benefit. Your family can also claim your transportation disappears, sinks or crashes and you are presumed dead, and your body is not recovered within 12 months.
- Travel delay expenses. If you are forced to make alternative arrangements because your travel is delayed, you can claim for up to $1,000 of travel delay expenses. If you have a family policy you can claim up to $2,000 of expenses. This can include the cost of meals and accommodation, if your journey is delayed for more than six hours as the result of circumstances outside of your control. For example, you will be paid $200 at the end of the initial six hours, and up to $200 for each full 24 hour period after the initial delay.
- Personal liability cover. This feature protects you in case a charge of legal liability is made against you. You have up to $5 million of personal liability cover under your Australia Only policy with WorldCare, to cover legal expenses. Your legal liability is covered with respect to death or bodily injury, and/or the physical loss of or damage to property, which occurs as the result of an accident.
- This includes cover for legal expenses for settling or defending a claim made against you, as long as you do not admit fault or liability for the claim or incur any legal costs without prior written approval.
- Domestic pets. You can claim up to $500 for boarding or cattery fees if you are delayed in your return home under an eligible event in your travel insurance policy. You will be paid $25 for each 24 hour period for domestic dogs or cats owned by you. You can also claim for veterinary treatment if you pet suffers an injury while you are away.
- Domestic services. You can also claim $50 per day, up to a total of $500 for domestic services to perform household duties which you are unable to complete due to disablement from an injury you suffered while you were travelling.
How to apply for WorldCare Australia Only Travel Insurance
You can apply for travel insurance when you set off around Australia, if:
- you are an Australian resident
- you purchase your travel insurance before you leave on your trip
- your travel begins and ends in Australia.