Don't forget travel insurance before heading off on your overseas adventure; see if a World Nomads Standard policy can cover you.
Planning a holiday can almost be as fun as the holiday itself. The planning and anticipation only adds to the excitement. In all of this excitement, it can be easy to forget to buy travel insurance. Don’t let your dream holiday turn into a nightmare and protect yourself with a World Nomads Standard policy.
With World Nomads Standard travel insurance you benefit from a variety of protective features ranging from sudden illness or injury through to passport theft or loss of baggage by your carrier.
WorldNomads.com Pty Limited is an Authorised Representative of Cerberus Special Risks Pty Limited, and markets and distributes insurance products of Bupa Denmark (Bupa Global Travel), branch of Bupa Insurance Limited. World Nomads Limited Company is an Appointed Representative of Millstream Underwriting Limited. World Nomads (Canada) Ltd is a licensed agent for AIG Insurance Company of Canada. World Nomads, Inc., in CA dba World Nomads Travel Insurance Services, provides Insurance underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and affiliated companies, Columbus, OH.
World Nomads Standard Travel Insurance Policy Options
World Nomads travel insurance provide a number of cover options. All policies are available in either single or couple/duo/family, meaning no matter your circumstance, you will be able to find a policy that is suited to you situation.
The policy has three levels of cover:
Close to home
The close to home policy covers travellers who are heading to countries that are in the Asia Pacific Region such as:
- Hong Kong
Most of the World
The most of the world insurance option covers countries that are located in the following regions:
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Middle East
- South America.
The worldwide option covers locations including:
- the Arctic
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Middle East
- South America
- United Kingdom
It’s important to note that if you are planning on heading to Antarctica, the Arctic or to Greenland, you will need to upgrade your policy and buy the level three adventure sports and activities package.
What is Covered by World Nomads Standard Travel Insurance?
World Nomads Standard travel insurance offers a range of protective features including:
- Cover for overseas medical costs. If you fall ill while you are overseas you will be able to benefit from coverage up to the value of $10 million under this travel insurance policy. You are covered for sudden illness or injury including the cost of hospitalisation and treatment.
- Emergency dental treatment. If you are affected by a dental emergency while you are away, this plan will cover you for treatment up to the value of $1000. This could include problems such as an infection or broken tooth.
- 24-hour assistance. With the World Nomads Standard travel insurance plan you can benefit from unlimited 24-hour assistance seven days a week.
- Emergency medical transportation and repatriation. When it comes to emergency medical transportation and repatriation, including the return of your remains if you die, you will be covered up to $1 million.
- Cancellation costs. If you have to cancel all or part of your trip, this policy covers you up to the value of $7,000 under the standard plan.
- Trip interruption costs. If your trip is interrupted you will be covered up to the value of $5,000 in order to re-arrange or resume the trip.
- Compassionate emergency visit home. If you have to head home for compassionate or emergency reasons, you will be covered up to the value of $3,000 under this policy.
- Passport, travel documents and credit cards. If your travel documents, passport or credit cards are lost, damaged or stolen, the policy will cover you up to the value of $3,000. Also, if there is a baggage delay of over 12 hours you will be covered for up to $600.
- Funeral expenses or repatriation of remains. If you die while you are away, you will be covered for up to $30,000 for local funeral costs or the repatriation of your remains.
- Personal liability. If something happens while you are abroad and you are held legally responsible for damages and costs, you will be covered up to the value of $1 million.
- Baggage and personal items. If you suffer loss, damage, or theft when it comes to your baggage or personal items this policy will cover you for up to $4,000.
Consult the World Nomads Standard Travel Insurance Policy Document
If you are thinking of taking out the World Nomads Standard travel insurance plan, you need to make sure you read the small print so that you are fully aware of what is and isn’t covered under the plan. You will then be able to make a more informed decision with regards to whether this plan offers an adequate level of protection and cover for your needs.