Get reliable travel cover with World Nomad's Explorer Travel Insurance
For those who love to travel the world, finding a good travel insurance plan is an essential part of the trip planning process. Seasoned travellers know the value of having a travel insurance policy in place to protect you from unforeseen circumstances — once burned, twice shy. When you take out comprehensive travel insurance, it is not only an investment in your future financial security but also an investment in peace of mind. World Nomads Explorer travel insurance allows policyholders to travel, knowing that they are protected against a range of travel risks.
World Nomads provide travellers with many policy options to choose from, so no matter your budget, they will have cover to suit your needs. The World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan is ideal for those who want total protection when heading off on their holidays.
Who Underwrites World Nomads Explorer Travel Insurance Plan?
WorldNomads.com Pty Limited is an Authorised Representative of Cerberus Special Risks Pty Limited, and markets and distributes insurance products of Bupa Denmark (Bupa Global Travel), branch of Bupa Insurance Limited. World Nomads Limited Company is an Appointed Representative of Millstream Underwriting Limited. World Nomads (Canada) Ltd is a licensed agent for AIG Insurance Company of Canada. World Nomads, Inc., in CA dba World Nomads Travel Insurance Services, provides Insurance underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and affiliated companies, Columbus, OH.
Types of World Nomads Explorer Travel Insurance
The World Nomads Explorer travel Insurance plan has various options for prospective policyholders to choose from. This includes single cover, couples cover, and the family plan. In addition, you can choose from a range of plans based on where you are travelling such as domestic travel cover, cover for international travel (not including the USA and Canada), or cover for worldwide travel (including the USA and Canada).
When you take out your policy, you will be asked to choose from a number of options. You need to select the one that fits your needs based on the destination or destinations you are travelling to.
What Does World Nomads Explorer Cover?
The World Nomads Explorer travel insurance policy protects against a wide range of potentially devastating situations. There are many valuable protective features that World Nomads Explorer provides including:
- Overseas medical costs. In the event that you become ill or you are injured while you are travelling, World Nomads Explorer travel insurance provides policyholders with unlimited cover. This includes cover for the cost of hospitalisation and treatment if you suffer a sudden illness or injury.
- Emergency dental treatment. If you suffer a dental emergency while you are away, World Nomads Explorer travel insurance provides a maximum benefit of $500 of singles and $1,000 for couples.
- Reliable 24-hour assistance. With the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan, you can benefit from around the clock emergency assistance seven days a week.
- Emergency medical transport and repatriation. The World Nomads Explorer Travel insurance plan offers unlimited coverage for emergency medical transport and repatriation. This includes the cost of returning your remains in the event that you die while you are away.
- Cancellation costs. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to cancel all or part of your journey due to unexpected circumstances, World Nomads Explorer travel insurance provide unlimited cover.
- Out of pocket expenses in hospital. If you are hospitalised and suffer out of pocket expenses for things such as phone calls and internet access, you will be covered up to the value of $10,000 with the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan.
- Alternative therapies. If you are advised to seek alternative therapy by a medical professional while you are away, as a result of illness or injury, you will be covered up to the value of $1000.
- Clinical psychology following trauma or assault. If you end up having to seek clinical psychological treatment following a trauma or assault while you are away, you will be covered up to the value of $500.
- Trip interruption costs. If your trip is interrupted due to unavoidable circumstances, you will be covered up to $10,000 to cover costs such as accommodation or transport that you have incurred as a result of the interruption.
- Compassionate or emergency visit. In the event that you have to travel back home during your trip for compassionate or emergency reasons, you will be covered up to $3,000 under the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance.
- Resumption of trip. World Nomads Explorer travel insurance also covers you for resumption of your trip, with coverage of up to $3,000.
- Theft or damage to baggage or personal items. With the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan, you are covered of up to $20,000 for theft or damage to baggage or personal items.
- Passport, travel documents, and credit cards. This plan offers cover for up to $3,000, in the event of damage, loss or theft of your passport, travel documents or credit cards.
- Theft of cash. With this travel insurance plan, you will be covered for up to $250 for theft of cash.
- Baggage delays. If your baggage is delayed for more than 12 hours, this plan covers you for up to $900 to replace those essential items.
- Hire of sporting equipment. If your own sporting equipment is lost or damaged by your carrier, this insurance policy will cover you for up to $2,000 to hire equipment.
- Kidnap or hijack. If you fall victim to kidnapping or hijacking when you are travelling, the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan will provide cover of up to $5,000.
- Rental vehicle excess insurance. If you are renting a vehicle while you are away, World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan provides coverage for rental vehicle insurance excess up to the value of $3,000. There is also $500 in cover for the return of the rental vehicle.
- Local funeral expenses or repatriation of remains.When it comes to local funeral expenses or repatriation of remains, this plan covers you for up to $30,000.
- Accidental death or permanent total disablement. If you suffer an accident that results in your accidental death or permanent total disablement, the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance plan covers you for a benefit payout of up to $25,000.
- Credit repayment for full-time students. The plan includes up to $5,000 coverage towards owed credit for students who die or are disabled while they are away.
- Personal liability. With the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance you can benefit from $2.5 million in personal liability cover.
Consult the World Nomads Explorer PDS
In order to ensure that the World Nomads Explorer travel insurance is the right travel insurance for you, you should make sure you always read the small print before you make your decision to purchase.