Work on your tan on a South Pacific Island with full-service flights from $469 return
Isn't it time you steal away to an island paradise?
You've battled this blistering winter and now you're itching for summer days. The good news is the sun is peeping out and you can make the most of it with an island getaway for under $500 return.
Flight Centre has rounded up the best flight deals to Vanuatu, Fiji and New Caledonia and put them in one beautiful place to help you stop daydreaming and start sunbathing.
The cheapest break is Brisbane to Vanuatu from $469 flying Air Vanuatu. Other top flights include Sydney to Vanuatu from $495 on Air Vanuatu, Brisbane to New Caledonia from $498 on Aircalin and Sydney to Fiji from $599 on Fiji Airways.
Travel is available between February and June and while there's no set end date to the promotion, the sooner you book the sooner you'll cure your winter blues.
Set those wheels in motion through Flight Centre now.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Good. Any full-service fares to the South Pacific Islands under $500 return wins our vote as you'll be hard-pressed to find them any cheaper unless you're flying budget.
- Airline: Great. All airlines in this sale are full service, so checked luggage, meals and entertainment come with your ticket. Fiji Airways and Aircalin are both 3-star airlines; however, Air Vanuatu is unrated.
- Travel time: Great. Most flights are direct, getting you to those beaches in record time!
- Weather: OK. Unfortunately, these flights fall within cyclone season, which is around November to April. While you may be lucky and poor weather might not dampen your holiday, we suggest banking on May to July travel to avoid the worst of it. Whichever dates you choose, it's worth considering purchasing travel insurance in case you're forced to change or cancel your trip.
The beaches are waiting!
|From||To||Return fare||Travel dates||Book your flight|
|Brisbane||Vanuatu||$469||01 Feb 2019 - 31 Mar 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Sydney||Vanuatu||$495||01 Feb 2019 - 31 Mar 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Brisbane||New Caledonia||$498||19 Feb 2019 - 31 Mar 2019 / 30 Apr 2019 - 31 May 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Sydney||New Caledonia||$499||19 Feb 2019 - 31 Mar 2019 / 30 Apr 2019 - 31 May 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Melbourne||New Caledonia||$528||19 Feb 2019 - 31 Mar 2019 / 30 Apr 2019 - 31 May 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Sydney||Fiji||$599||04 Feb 2019 - 25 Mar 2019 / 01 May 2019 - 20 Jun 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Brisbane||Fiji||$619||04 Feb 2019 - 25 Mar 2019 / 01 May 2019 - 20 Jun 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
|Melbourne||Fiji||$697||04 Feb 2019 - 25 Mar 2019 / 01 May 2019 - 20 Jun 2019||I'm ready for my holiday!|
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?
- Virgin Australia becomes the first Australian airline to offer flexible bookings until 2021