Want to save on travel insurance? Use your Woolworths coupon and save money the next time you're going overseas
While travel insurance is a necessity for any trip, particularly when travelling overseas, the trick is to find a policy that provides the cover you need at the right price. This guide looks at Woolworths Travel Insurance and how to use Woolworths Travel Insurance promo codes to save on your policy. Woolworths offer three different policies and a range of options that make it both comprehensive and affordable cover.
Show code & visit siteED****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Current Travel Insurance Deals Available on finder.com.au
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
Step 1 – Trip details
The first step to getting a discount with your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code, is to enter you travel details. All that is required in this first step is for you to enter:
- Your destination. You need to enter every country you'll be travelling to. NOTE: If you're planning to go on a cruise in Australian waters, make sure you have selected the Australian Cruises option.
- Your Age. Your will determine your premiums.
- The age of any additional travellers. Be sure to add the current age of all the people who are travelling with you and you want covered by the policy.
- The dates of your travel. Enter the dates you're leaving and the date you're returning.
Once you're happy with the details that you've entered, click "Next step – Get a quote".
Step 2 – Your quote
During this step, you have the ability to enter your everyday rewards number and your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code. You'll also be able to compare the benefits of the policy available including:
- Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses
- Cancellation and Amendment Fees
- Additional Expenses
- Luggage and Personal Effects
- Travel Documents, Credit Card & Travellers Cheque
- Delayed Luggage Allowance
- Theft of Cash
- Rental Car Insurance Excess
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Alternative Transport Expenses
- Resumption of Journey
- Hospital Cash Allowance
- Loss of Income
- Permanent Disability
- Accidental Death
- Personal Liability
You can also select any extra cover you need, including cover for winters sports and excess reduction. Before continuing make sure you've entered your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code. When you're satisfied with the Woolworths Travel Insurance policy option, click "Buy now".
Step 3 – Your details
The next step requires you to enter your personal details. This includes your:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Optional phone number
- Your Street address
Before proceeding to the next step, you'll need to consult the PDS. If you have any pre-existing conditions this is especially important. Contained in the PDS is a list of conditions that are automatically covered. If you suffer from a condition that is not listed, you'll need to contact Woolworths Travel Insurance directly.
Step 4 – Your payment
The forth and final step is paying for your Woolworths Travel Insurance, which luckily for you, you're buying at a discounted rate thanks to your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code. You can pay with debit or credit card and you need to enter:
- Your Debit or Credit Card Number
- Name on the credit card
- Expiry month
- Expiry year
- CCV Number
Click "Confirm and pay for your policy" and you're done! You successfully used your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code.
What policies are available from Woolworths?
When you're going to use your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code, there are three different policies to choose from, each with its own benefits and specific levels of cover. Woolworths Travel Insurance policies include:
- Comprehensive cover – this offers a high level of cover at an affordable price and includes unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses and overseas 24/7 emergency assistance, cancellation and amendment fees, luggage and personal belongings, loss of travel documents and credit cards, theft of cash and travel delay expenses.
- Basic cover – this is a no-frills option that provides essential cover at an affordable price and includes unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses and overseas 24/7 emergency assistance, cancellations and amendment fees, luggage and personal belongings and personal liability.
- Multi-Trip cover – this is an annual policy designed with frequent travellers in mind, providing all the benefits of Comprehensive cover for multiple domestic and international trips no longer than 30 days. It includes overseas emergency medical assistance, emergency medical and hospital expenses and cancellation fees and lost deposits.
Who is Woolworths underwritten by?
Cover is issued and underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd, South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance group. Woolworths Limited (Woolworths) acts as Hollard’s authorised representative. The sale of Woolworths Travel Insurance and after-sales service are provided by Salmat, an authorised representative of the Hollard Insurance Company.
Pros and Cons of Woolworths Travel Insurance
Woolworths Travel Insurance offers several distinct benefits including:
- Quality cover at an affordable price
- Children and dependants under 21 are covered for free when travelling with an insured adult
- Some benefits are available with increased limits
- Both basic and comprehensive cover include unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- Wintersports cover can be included for skiing or snowboarding
- You have the option to choose a $0 excess.
- Various $100 excesses apply, unless you choose the Excess Removal option
- Age limits apply (no older than 79 years of age for Comprehensive or Basic cover and no older than 75 years of age for Multi Trip cover).
How do I apply for Woolworths Travel Insurance?
To apply for Woolworths Travel Insurance, you need to be an Australian resident and you must purchase cover before commencing your journey, which must start and end in Australia.
Once you have compared the available policies and determined which suits your needs, you can then get a quote from the Woolworths Travel Insurance website. Simply fill in the required fields in the box provided including:
- The countries you are travelling to
- The age of each adult traveller
- When you are leaving and returning.
Then simply click the Get a Quote button for an estimate of your premium cost. Alternatively, you can call Woolworths Travel Insurance on 1300 10 1234 and a member of the insurance team will be happy to help.
You should also read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully before purchasing your travel insurance, so that you know exactly what is and is not being covered in the policy.
How do I make a claim with Woolworths?
You should give Woolworths Travel Insurance notice of your claim as soon as possible by calling 1300 10 1234. You will then be required to fill out and return a claim form, which must be submitted within 30 days of your return to Australia to avoid any reductions in benefits paid.
You’ll also need to supply any documentation requested in order to process your claim, which may include police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. If you are claiming for something that occurred in a foreign country, you may also be asked to supply English translations of these documents. Claims are processed within 10 business days of Woolworths receiving your completed form, along with all necessary supporting documentation.
Q: When will I receive my policy?
- A: Woolworths Travel Insurance will email your policy to you as soon as you buy it, so theoretically you could purchase a policy right up to the minute before your trip starts. You should ideally print a copy to take with you on your trip and leave a copy in your email inbox in case you need it.
Q: How do I extend my policy?
- A: It depends on whether it is a Basic, Comprehensive or Multi Trip policy.
To extend your Basic or Comprehensive policy, call Woolworths Travel Insurance on 1300 10 1234 at least two days prior to the policy expiring.
You cannot extend your Multi Trip policy, but if you are still travelling on the expiry date, the policy will automatically extend for up to 7 days or until you return home from that journey.
Q: Are pre-existing medical conditions covered?
- A: We automatically cover the pre-existing medical conditions listed in the Product Disclosure Statement, provided you have not been hospitalised for that condition in the past two years. If your pre-existing medical condition is not on the list in the PDS, then it will not be covered.
Q: What happens if I develop a condition after buying my insurance, but before I leave on my trip. Am I covered?
- A: As long as you were not aware of any symptoms or seeking treatment for the condition prior to purchasing your insurance, then your cancellation costs are covered if you have to cancel the trip.
Q: Who do I contact if I become ill while travelling overseas?
- A: MAPFRE Assistance has been appointed by Woolworths Travel Insurance to administer all emergency assistance services and claims. You should contact MAPFRE as soon as possible on +61 2 9333 3903 (if overseas, ask for a reverse charges call).
Q: Why don’t Woolworths Travel Insurance policies cover medical expenses within Australia?
- A: Because this is not permitted by law and because you are already entitled to treatment under Medicare or through your private health insurance.
Can I cancel my Woolworths policy if I’m not happy with it?
Every Woolworths Travel Insurance policy provides a 14-day cooling off period, which commences from the day of purchase. If during this 14 day period, you decide to cancel the policy, you will receive a full refund of any premiums you have paid, provided that you haven’t started your journey and aren’t making any claims or exercising any other right under the policy.