Want to pay less for travel insurance? Use your Woolworths coupon and save money the next time you're going on a trip.
While travel insurance is a necessity for any trip, particularly when travelling overseas, the trick is to find a policy that provides the cover you need at the right price. This guide looks at how to use Woolworths Travel Insurance promo codes to save on your policy.
How do I use my Woolworths discount code?
Step 1 – Trip
The first step to getting a discount on your Woolworths Travel Insurance is to enter you travel details. All that is required in this first step is for you to enter:
- Your destination. You need to enter every country you'll be travelling to.
NOTE: If you're planning to go on a cruise in Australian waters, make sure you have selected the Australian Cruises option.
- Age. Enter your age, as well as the age of all adults who are travelling with you. The age will determine your premiums.
- The dates of your travel. Enter the dates you're leaving and the date you're returning.
- Woolworths Rewards Member. Choose yes if you are a Woolworths rewards member.
- Promo Code. Enter the promo code.
Once you're happy with the details you've entered, click "Get a quote".
Step 2 – Quote
During this step, you'll be able to compare the benefits of the policies available, such as:
- Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses
- Cancellation and Amendment Fees
- Additional Expenses
- Hospital Cash Allowance
- Accidental Death
- Permanent Disability
- Loss of Income
- Travel Documents, Credit Card & Travellers Cheque
- Theft of Cash
- Luggage and Personal Effects
- Luggage and Personal Effects Dealy Expenses
- Special Events
- Personal Liability
- Rental Car Insurance Excess
- Pet Care
You can also select any extra cover you need, including cover for winters sports and excess reduction. Before continuing, make sure you've entered your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code in the first step. When you're satisfied with the Woolworths Travel Insurance policy option, click on the button that says "Buy now".
Step 3 – Details
The next step requires you to enter your personal details. This includes your:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your street address
Before proceeding to the next step, you'll need to consult the PDS. If you have any pre-existing conditions this is especially important. Contained in the PDS is a list of conditions that are automatically covered. If you suffer from a condition that is not listed, you'll need to contact Woolworths Travel Insurance directly.
Step 4 – Payment
The fourth and final step is paying for your Woolworths Travel Insurance, which luckily for you, you're buying at a discounted rate thanks to your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code. You can pay with a debit or credit card and you'll need to enter:
- Your Debit or Credit Card Number
- Name on the credit card
- Expiry month
- Expiry year
- CCV Number
Click "Confirm and pay" and you're done! You successfully used your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code.
What policies are available from Woolworths?
When you're going to use your Woolworths Travel Insurance Promo Code, there are three different policies to choose from, each with its own benefits and specific levels of cover. Woolworths Travel Insurance policies include:
- Comprehensive. This offers a high level of cover at an affordable price and includes unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses and overseas 24/7 emergency assistance, cancellation and amendment fees, luggage and personal belongings, loss of travel documents and credit cards, theft of cash and travel delay expenses.
- Basic. This is a no-frills option that provides essential cover at an affordable price and includes unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses and overseas 24/7 emergency assistance, cancellations and amendment fees, luggage and personal belongings and personal liability.
- Saver. The saver policy is designed to cover you for the bare essentials of your trip while being one of the most affordable Woolworths travel insurance policies. This policy includes unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses cover and limited cover for lost/stolen luggage and personal effects.
- Multi-Trip. This is an annual policy designed with frequent travellers in mind, providing all the benefits of Comprehensive cover for multiple domestic and international trips no longer than 30 days. It includes overseas emergency medical assistance, emergency medical and hospital expenses and cancellation fees and lost deposits.
Who is Woolworths underwritten by?
Cover is issued and underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd, South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance group. Woolworths Limited (Woolworths) acts as Hollard’s authorised representative. The sale of Woolworths Travel Insurance and after-sales service are provided by Salmat, an authorised representative of the Hollard Insurance Company.
Pros and Cons of Woolworths Travel Insurance
Woolworths Travel Insurance offers several distinct benefits including:
- Quality cover at an affordable price
- Children and dependants under 21 are covered for free when travelling with an insured adult
- Some benefits are available with increased limits
- Both basic and comprehensive cover include unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- Wintersports cover can be included for skiing or snowboarding
- You have the option to choose a $0 excess.
- Various excesses apply, unless you choose the Excess Removal option
- Age limits apply (no older than 79 years of age for Comprehensive or Basic cover and no older than 75 years of age for Multi-Trip cover).
How do I get Woolworths Travel Insurance?
To apply for Woolworths Travel Insurance, you need to be an Australian resident and you must purchase cover before commencing your journey, which must start and end in Australia.
Once you have compared the available policies and determined which suits your needs, you can then get a quote from the Woolworths Travel Insurance website. Simply fill in the required fields in the box provided including:
- The countries you are travelling to
- The age of each adult traveller
- When you are leaving and returning.
Then simply click the Get a Quote button for an estimate of your premium cost. Alternatively, you can call Woolworths Travel Insurance on 1300 10 1234 and a member of the insurance team will be happy to help.
You should also read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully before purchasing your travel insurance, so that you know exactly what is and is not being covered in the policy.
How do I make a claim with Woolworths?
You should give Woolworths Travel Insurance notice of your claim as soon as possible by calling 1300 10 1234. You will then be required to fill out and return a claim form, which must be submitted within 30 days of your return to Australia to avoid any reductions in benefits paid.
You’ll also need to supply any documentation requested in order to process your claim, which may include police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. If you are claiming for something that occurred in a foreign country, you may also be asked to supply English translations of these documents. Claims are processed within 10 business days of Woolworths receiving your completed form, along with all necessary supporting documentation.
Questions you might have
Can I cancel my Woolworths policy if I’m not happy with it?
Every Woolworths Travel Insurance policy provides a 14-day cooling off period, which commences from the day of purchase. If during this 14 day period, you decide to cancel the policy, you will receive a full refund of any premiums you have paid, provided that you haven’t started your journey and aren’t making any claims or exercising any other right under the policy.